It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Privacy Under Fire: DHS Freezes Bitcoin Money Transfers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkYouSpeak

Did you miss the part where it says "Bitcoin is not recognised as legal tender"? Do you know what legal tender is? I wanna go to the supermarket chances are the supermarket will NOT accept bitcoin currency.
edit on 16/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Did you miss the part where it says "Bitcoin is not recognised as legal tender"? Do you know what legal tender is? I wanna go to the supermarket chances are the supermarket will NOT accept bitcoin currency.
edit on 16/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

That is printed so bozos dont try and go spend their bitcoin at a..supermarket.. not like anyone who uses a bitcoin as currency would think about trying to purchase goods at a supermarket with it, aside from online and from merchants that accept bitcoin.

I linked that to show you can have something physical to represent it, same way our bull# USD is issued to us but holds no value because it's a bogus monetary system that keeps printing more monopoly money. Are you following me still?

edit: IDK about you, but i for one wouldn't mind a .999 pure silver coin to represent my bitcoin, vs a paper dollar that u cannot redeem for anything except smaller denominations of paper money
edit on 16-5-2013 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The problem is bitcoin does not have as many practical applications as physical legal tender does. This is the important issue you are missing. Money that circulates ONLY via computer networks is just like conducting bank transfers, debit/credit card purchases or using paypal. It is quite limited in functionality!

I am no fan of the federal reserve. Maybe bitcoin can overcome the "real currencies" we have today and do away with the banker scum who manipulate economies to their whim. Then start printing it enmasse and make it legal tender.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale

When you pass on a dollar, you agree to pay that person in the future with something real...

Really? Why? How? Surely when you pass on a dollar (in exchange for goods and services), that is the end of the matter as far as you are concerned. Of course, for the vendor, there is the remotest of chances that he will be left with a worthless piece of paper - but that's only going to happen if everyone suddenly loses faith in the dollar.

What this means in the real world is shocking.

What DOES it mean, then?

... if you have a dollar you have a liability, not an asset.

I don't understand how a dollar in your pocket is a liability, not an asset.

1. Read the information on your Federal Reserve Dollar. It says, "Federal Reserve Note." Look up what a "Note" means in legal parlance. Then ask yourself, how can a "credit" be the same as a "debt?" It can't. Your "dollar" is a NOTE, a DEBT, and promise to pay later, that is what it is. A gold coin for example is a THING, it can only be a "credit" as it is an item, the dollar is not only NOT an item, but an actual borrowers DEBT. The fact that you have one means you OWE. And while you have been conned into believing it is worth a hamburger, it isn't, we all simply agree to use it as a trading instrument for a hamburger, but we could easily use a BITCOIN and it not be debt.

Read the language, why would a credit say it is a NOTE, which equals a debt. Then learn on where they debt comes from and why you are on the hook for every single debt created by the dollar, yes you. You owe both the interest on the note created and the note itself. Yes, there are trillions of dollars out there and YOU owe a trillion dollars - or your share, and you also owe the interest in the creation of them. You, owe a hell of a lot of money right now.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The criminals in the government and the FED won't tolerate competition.

But don't fret, their monopoly is crumbling.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
The criminals in the government and the FED won't tolerate competition.

But don't fret, their monopoly is crumbling.

Yeah...Sometime it feels like watching the Titanic sink four time slower than slow motion.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

You've done me a right favour, Crankyoldman. Well, you and ForteanOrg, actually. So much that I didn't know a week ago, that I know now. Can you believe I never realised that all those banknotes I have are actually liabilities / debts. I mean, there was I with a load of the things under my mattress, and all they are are "worthless pieces of paper that express that you are in debt". In debt??!! And I thought it was the other way around.

And that other thing you said ("When you have your money in the bank, it becomes an ASSET of the bank, it is not yours at all"). Well, I thought to myself, I'm not having THAT, so I went down and withdrew it all. Which was great, until I realised that with these extra notes I now had even MORE debt. In fact, the more banknotes I have, the more I actually OWE!! This is unbelievable. Why have we not been told about this before?

Anyway, long story short and all that ... I took both piles of notes, doused them with a couple of gallons of lead-free, and watched the whole thing briefly light up the evening sky. Talk about sticking it to the man! Eat my grits, Government! No more banknotes, no more debt. Swivel on that! And it feels fantastic. Thanks once again.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimoniousfinale

I know it's all tongue in cheeks, but destroying currency is actually a great way to stick it to the man, wouldn't carry such a hefty sentence if not

(In the UK the old 2p piece design ended up being worth more than 2p in scrap value, so the new ones have a nickle core - every now and again you hear about someone who's sorted through a ton of them with magnets and melted them all down getting busted
)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by lacrimoniousfinale

I know it's all tongue in cheeks, but destroying currency is actually a great way to stick it to the man, wouldn't carry such a hefty sentence if not

(In the UK the old 2p piece design ended up being worth more than 2p in scrap value, so the new ones have a nickle core - every now and again you hear about someone who's sorted through a ton of them with magnets and melted them all down getting busted
)

Destroying currency is illegal in the states too because it puts money out of circulation.

Even more illegal is counterfeiting currency and forging documents. I knew someone who did the second but it was small scale and he had the tools. (drivers license, photo ids, alien visas)
edit on 17/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

That's a really good one to get arrested for apparently (if you do have to be arrested), word gets round prison that you're in for counterfeiting currency and everyone assumes you must be some sort of criminal master mind

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner

That's a really good one to get arrested for apparently (if you do have to be arrested), word gets round prison that you're in for counterfeiting currency and everyone assumes you must be some sort of criminal master mind

Yeah its normally the same people who bring in the recreational drugs and cigarettes, among other stuff

The inmates are happy and the guards get a handsome tip.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Plus strip clubs are meant to be the best place to get rid of counterfeit money, it's sounding a better crime all the time

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You've done me a right favour, Crankyoldman. Well, you and ForteanOrg, actually. So much that I didn't know a week ago, that I know now. Can you believe I never realised that all those banknotes I have are actually liabilities / debts. I mean, there was I with a load of the things under my mattress, and all they are are "worthless pieces of paper that express that you are in debt". In debt??!! And I thought it was the other way around.

And that other thing you said ("When you have your money in the bank, it becomes an ASSET of the bank, it is not yours at all"). Well, I thought to myself, I'm not having THAT, so I went down and withdrew it all. Which was great, until I realised that with these extra notes I now had even MORE debt. In fact, the more banknotes I have, the more I actually OWE!! This is unbelievable. Why have we not been told about this before?

Anyway, long story short and all that ... I took both piles of notes, doused them with a couple of gallons of lead-free, and watched the whole thing briefly light up the evening sky. Talk about sticking it to the man! Eat my grits, Government! No more banknotes, no more debt. Swivel on that! And it feels fantastic. Thanks once again.

and there in lies the rub, damned if you do and damned if you don't. You were sold into slavery at birth, the Fed printed a million or so debt notes in your honor, which you promised to pay back, with interest, until death - not until the debt is paid off, but until death. Soon, they are going to call those loans due, every man woman and child will have to come up with some way to pay back the money they owe, only the Fed conveniently took away your ability to pay back by substituting debt notes for real money of value - things. One does have to wonder if burning the debts will satisfy them, but I figure not.

While you can't alter too much about your reality, it is far better to understand your indentured servitude properly, rather then simply shout the ignorance as if it is the truth.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
That was to be expected. Bitcoin hits at the heart of the banking mobsters.

It was just a matter of time until the elite came cracking down on it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You've done me a right favour, Crankyoldman. Well, you and ForteanOrg, actually.

Glad to oblige.

You're welcome. But now you're a criminal.

( No, officer, I had nothing to do with that, I was merely pointing out facts about our monetary system to him..
)

See how it works? It's a bit like being born in 1923 in Germany. You weren't entitled to vote until the only party you could vote for was the fascist party. They told you the Fuehrer was God. Strike that, better than God. You believed them, because they all told you so. And then they sent you to the Russian front. Where you perished.

That's how it is with our monetary system: you did not create it, you were born into it, indoctrinated to believe it is a just system and are in debt all of your life without even wanting to be. Sweet.

Wikipedia nicely adds some insult to that injury. "On 2 April 2013, debt held by the public was approximately $11.959 trillion or about 75% of GDP. Intragovernmental holdings stood at $4.846 trillion, giving a combined total public debt of $16.805 trillion." As there are now roughly 315.000.000 Americans, and assuming you are an American, give or take a few bucks, you owe FIFTYTHREE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Go, pig, and work for it. That'll teach you not to make debts. Ah, you complain? You need to take care of your kids first? KIDS? HOW MANY? Three.. WELL THEN WORK HARDER, for you kids also owe us 53K$ each..

The actual number can be found on this site.

I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
They'll learn much more.....than I'll never know
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world

Louis Armstrong (American)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that the U.S. government got involved in bitcoin transactions. I mean, what could be more threatening to governments than a currency which no one controls? One of the ways they've tried to get the world locked down like they want it is tight control over monetary transactions. In the U.S., if you make a big cash deposit to a bank, they've got to report you. If you buy something for over $10,000 cash, a business has to like wise report you. And of course now, most transactions are electronic, so you're leaving a record of everything you do in a bank computer. Then along comes bitcoin, which is not a government-issued currency. It could, and certainly has, been used to fund all kinds of illegal stuff. But what I like about it is that it's not part of "the club" of world banking. "Big money has a heavy hand" ~ Rush, a rock band.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parthin
I'm not surprised that the U.S. government got involved in bitcoin transactions. I mean, what could be more threatening to governments than a currency which no one controls?

On a sidenote: the most fascinating thing is that people think that there is some 'black op' government, that consciously takes decisions about such things, as if adhering to a masterplan. There they sit, in a secret place somewhere, around a table. One of them exclaims: "Let's get rid of BitCoins! They liberate our slaves, it can't be tolerated!". He is greeted with cheers and applaus. A motion is carried and the NHS is ordered to act. Such nonsense. The NHS acts as it does because the people running that organisation think they serve us well by doing so, it's as sad as that, I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
looks like they have just seized another bitcoin site.

The domain of Bitcoin exchange wm-center has been shut down by the government (as first observed by BitcoinByte and FT's Stephen Foley). Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

We're waiting for a statement from the Southern District of New York. This comes on the heels of the feds shutting down Liberty Reserve, the charges against which contained language seemingly directed at all other digital currencies, including Bitcoin. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Any system, method, tactic or strategy to work outside the western banking syndicate will be attacked by all available means by the US government. Corporations have superior ownership rights to the USA and they ruthlessly protect their status quo.

It is because of BitCoin's genius that it will be attacked and destroyed.

Exactly.

I new they would shut this down when everyone started taking it seriously.

Also look at what they did with the guy who used a 3d printer to etch a working firearm and ammo.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join