It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling cynical and hopeless, require insperation from the ''good ones''

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Classic song definitely speaks a certain truth in regards to the enigmatic aspects of this physical existence.
My avatar name kind of directly relates to a vague yet meaningful piece of advise I gave myself a long time ago. My body might be a salve to the system, I must even proceed with caution when physically speaking, but my mind can venture into all ideas made possible by my natural surrounding and the lengths my imagination is willing to manifest those surroundings into. Consciousness although still a but of a mystery to the academics is probably the closest thing to the soul in my opinion.

All the best and thank you for your constructive advice, it is much appreciated

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
This is the most emotive, honest, and touching OP I have read in a very long time. And I needed very much right now to hear someone of a like mind.....
Thank you, from my heart.... I wish so very much I could say something to give you hope to go on, to have faith, but I am all out of that these days, Nevertheless, you are NOT ALONE. Some of us have lived and feel exactly what you do.....
Tetra50
edit on 15-5-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for reaching out, how ironic that the times when one feels alone are the times when more feel the same, a bit of a paradox and on that note I am reaching out to you through this keyboard with an unconditional, non judgmental, no hidden agenda HUG

Who cares if we never meet in person, all that is important is that universal recognition that there are people out there that care. I wish you strength for your personal struggles and a good dose of Love for your life and it's magnificent purpose in its own unique way.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spawn2001
Hello, I am one of the good ones. I am a nice guy and deep down I know I am a little kid, innocent. I don't do anything really bad or to hurt another. Just relax don't get caught up trying to answer questions no one knows or unsolvable today. I know someone said enjoy the little things, how about ice cream or soda? Maybe they could stop your morbid moods. Just get lost in the pleasure of life. Life is a garden, dig it. Try to enjoy life instead of critique ing it. Let certain things go. I used to get angry at this site for little kid aetheists going on parade, that lack experience or question themselves as wrong. There are a bunch of questions t's we will never know, they don't have to ruin your life unless you let them.

Surely the little things have monumental value. I do enjoy life, don't get me wrong I am not person who enjoys breaking down everything around me. It's just a matter of pure frustration when you see some crap going on and you realize that you have little to no control over it. Trust me I do not fall under the ''little angry atheist kid'' demographic. Thanks for the advice, Good things

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

I love you too.

Thank you, today I felt a spark happiness which what feels like I haven't experienced for a number of years now, receiving your love has made that spark into a flame that warms the heart not burns the soul.

I actually look forward to tomorrow after a very long time.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I keep revisiting this thread because its such an awesome example of how strangers from all walks of life can be awesome to each other. I've only been a member of this site for a week, I'm really impressed by you beautiful people.

Gives a body hope!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I have been through quite a distressing and self-abusive period in my life.

I can understand because your words mirror my experiences as well.

It could very well be a sense of absolution from my past and the mistakes I made that has lead me to this crucial point in my existence.

As I very strongly believe it is our choices that have brought us this far. Both wrong and right choices, which I actually believe we really don't know until after a view of the bigger picture is presented to us, meaning seeing what the consequences are of the choices we make are really the only way to know whether your choice was the correct one.

I do want to recognize that love resides within us all. I do want to recognize that fear is a prison and I am close to escaping that prison. Beauty is everywhere all we need to do is open our eyes so to speak. I will never give up that is one thing I can promise myself. It's not an option.

Here here. I make the same promise to myself. which I sort of actually did today when I felt that spark, for me I feel as though I have just experienced a minor miracle.

Its a great feeling knowing your not alone even though we might be strangers, strangeness doesn't equal loneliness as evidenced in this thread.

Another

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

Very true friend.

Welcome to ATS,

However, I have been what could be perceived as an a..hole on numerous times here on ATS even by myself by allowing what I read to affect me too much and respond in a fashion I wish I could have done differently, But like I also believe its why we are here now and communicating. Maybe if I wasn't an Ass on a certain occasion we might not be interacting here in this thread, I try not to have regrets even though I regret a lot and try to hide the fact.

If I can point out a few words you wrote which in my opinion are very inspirational

strangers from all walks of life can be awesome to each other.

I wish humanity could hear these words all the time and now they can by coming to ATS and seeing your post and the many others that send a similar message.

Gives a body hope!

It sure does, as I said I actually look forward to tomorrow, a feeling which I thought to be lost on me, but now its found again.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

What a great little film.

So simple yet so true.

Nice to be able to take a step back and consider things from a different perspective.

MR

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

1. It could be a serotonin/hormone imbalance. Try Sam-E, ALCAR, Ginkgo, and various others natural mood enhancers provided naturally as supplements.

2. Heart Chakra and Love part/Intuition part of you may be cut off simply because we live in a Heady world that emphasizes Logic/Reason/Ego over intuition/introspection/Love/Art.

It happened to me. My old man was a piece of alcoholic crap and I was beat up as a child and abused. It forced me to close myself off from the world and others, and to see all of this as a prison where no one can be trusted. Its taken a half of a lifetime to open back up to wonders of existence and know myself thoroughly.

I'm sure it's great to own a huge piece of property with all sorts of materials to distract me from the deeper and more ethereal/esoteric/metaphysical side of life. Ive listened to all the theories of materialism, the hypothesis that we are merely programmed biological organisms that exist for a brief moment in time as the result of a monumental explosion billions of years prior. I understand that this existence might be it, that some are unfortunate whilst others are so privileged that they seem to overlook the rest.

That's the perspective an agnostic/atheist takes. That we are bags of pre-programmed flesh here for a split second and then die, with nothing here after. It's a sham.

I remember clearly pre-existing prior to the body and have found the part of me that will continue to exist after the body dies. Have popped out of the body quite a few times.

I have even embraced my flaws and made peace with my mistakes and believe me I have made many mistakes, so much so that it has lead me so far down the rabbit hole so to speak that mere conversations with others sometimes end in dismay.

we all make mistakes, its part of being here. COnversations for me with average joe's result in an impulse to either want to puke or fall asleep. I Love my fellow man and have much empathy, but the majority are happy to speak about such irrelevant things such as the latest south park episode, sports, news, music, etc.... while I am thinking about the galaxies the revolve around each other, infinity, ego death, how to reach a spiritual utopia, writing books, going within myself, and reading about quantum physics, philosophy, Christ, Buddha, etc

Why? because I tend to say things like it is, I tend to unintentionally burst peoples bubbles so to speak. You see I have this irritating yet addictive condition for seeing the world for what it is and not what it wants to be. I see past all the superficial chivalry and games the masses seem to consume so vigorously.

This can come from a negative sadistic place. The right view is Love, empathy, and friendly bias bubble popping. Many aren't ready to have their ego destroyed, especially teens who are still forming theirs.

I know it is the little things that should be enjoyed but as of late I have realized the way things are going the little things might not exist for much longer. I hate to say this but maybe I should just admit that I hate human beings for always being so predictable, for always taking the easy way out, for always ignoring the most important things.

It is the ego based world-programmed bias bubbles that should be hated. The majority know not what they do and are unconscious of themselves and their programming. However behind that ego/bias bubble is the real portion, the soul, the connection to the source. The real you is lovable and innocent child-like awareness.

That first bite of that sweet apple, that sweet taste of pleasure that has lead us all astray in the pursuit of pleasure at all cost, who cares about the man sitting in the corner with his cardboard sign. He had his chance to swindle he just wasn't that good at it. One thing I know is if there is a God he/she/it has left us a long time ago, I know I would of.

God is like an Infinite Ocean and is here and now, the source of all of us. It is not some guy on a cloud raining skittles on the saints and death on the sinners.

Don't get me wrong, behind all this is a morbidity, there lies a person capable of showing compassion,love,and care. I just don't know where to project it towards any longer. Is it because we have lost touch with the very thing that has provided us with the environment to exist, probably. All I know is I need some wise words, not from scripture, not from some deity speaking through you. Just from you .....

This world will make you jaded and that's whats happened. The jadedness covers up and hardens the heart. The way things are now, will not be forever. We are headed to a utopia within the next 1000 years or so. Life is roughly 60-100 years for a reason cause this place changes us.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

I love you too.

Thank you, today I felt a spark happiness which what feels like I haven't experienced for a number of years now, receiving your love has made that spark into a flame that warms the heart not burns the soul.

I actually look forward to tomorrow after a very long time.

That really phenomenal to read, in fact now I feel even happier. Us humans need each other, isolation is a mere fallacy to keep us from working together and rising above all the superficial worries and mundane obstacles of daily life. Think about it, how marvelous this planet really is, how awe inspiring life and all it's diversity is, we have the beauty of nature in our hearts, it beats and pulsates with the vibrations of life and It's remarkable capability of leading two strangers together to exchange words of kindness and support thousands of miles apart, unless you are from South Africa that is
You keep well dear InhaleExhale

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red

Originally posted by Marlborough Red
What a great little film.

So simple yet so true.

Nice to be able to take a step back and consider things from a different perspective.

Nice to hear some positive feedback on it for a change...

I ran across that film (The Encounter) just a few weeks ago and have fallen in love with it.

It has left a huge impact on me...

Have watched it 6 or 7 times now and cannot see it without having to wipe tears from my face.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I keep revisiting this thread because its such an awesome example of how strangers from all walks of life can be awesome to each other. I've only been a member of this site for a week, I'm really impressed by you beautiful people.

Gives a body hope!

We are all in this together dear friend. It's not about the ego, it's not even about the smartest, or the most beautiful. For me it is about the fellowship and respect that complete strangers can share in times of doubt. I have been a member for well over a year now and whenever I feel a bit down in the dumps I always find like-minded individuals that are willing to listen to me whine and ramble and provide me with some easing and mind altering advice. Be sure to reach out if you ever feel like blowing off some steam

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

dominicus
firstly, thank you for giving me such a fresh perspective.

I admire your viewpoints on the issues at hand and I most definitely approached them in a very negative and clouded manner. I can understand by the way I presented my dilemma that I sound like some bitter cynical fool that is blinded by his own self pity.

I wrote that post at in a very distraught mood and after reading it over a couple of times, I myself found that person to be a bit of a a$$. Through a bit of meditation and change in perspective I am sure I will rid myself of this mindset. I do still see remarkable reasons to embrace my existence and I am cutting allot of ties that have a negative effect on my mentality that being certain people and places.

You seem like a very wise person and I have allot of respect for you to rise above your turbulent past and find such grace and purpose to change your outlook. In fact with just a couple minutes of conversation and I think you will find we have allot in common. I myself enjoy exploring the realms of philosophy/metaphysics and wondrous theories like quantum mechanics. I often get lost in the endless sea of possibilities within the imagination and I truly cherish that characteristic in human beings. I am a bit of an artist and enjoy expressing myself on paper, I have yet to try paint and canvas but will in the near future explore the possibility of those abilities within myself. Music is a major factor in my life, so much in fact that i get irritable without my daily dose of my favorite bands tantalizing my brainwaves with the broad spectrum of unique genres and styles that I so whole heartedly embrace. Enough of my babbling I wish you the very best and my sincerest appreciation for your kind and open minded advise.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I just thought to myself how fantastic it would of been if all of us could just teleport to a table with good food and drinks and just philosophize and discuss life with all our different perspectives. I just really want to thank everybody for being so courteous and helpful and all your messages just clarified to me that there are people out there that understand and care. If any of you need someone to talk to please feel free to drop me a private message and be sure not to hold back. Much love peace and respect to all of you

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerbychoice

Originally posted by tetra50
This is the most emotive, honest, and touching OP I have read in a very long time. And I needed very much right now to hear someone of a like mind.....
Thank you, from my heart.... I wish so very much I could say something to give you hope to go on, to have faith, but I am all out of that these days, Nevertheless, you are NOT ALONE. Some of us have lived and feel exactly what you do.....
Tetra50
edit on 15-5-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for reaching out, how ironic that the times when one feels alone are the times when more feel the same, a bit of a paradox and on that note I am reaching out to you through this keyboard with an unconditional, non judgmental, no hidden agenda HUG

Who cares if we never meet in person, all that is important is that universal recognition that there are people out there that care. I wish you strength for your personal struggles and a good dose of Love for your life and it's magnificent purpose in its own unique way.

And thank you in return. I have read some incredible responses here, that never would have been possible for us all to share, without you having written what you did. Again, thanks so much. And I'm not sure if it was InhaleExhale or someone else, but whomever said that the more light you shed, the more darkness.......can't get it quite right, but it really resonated with me as something very true. The more you know, the more you choose the light, the harder the path will become as darkness tries to overtake you. At least, it has been my experience.
Keep writing,, and reaching out, and thank you so much for touching me and being of comfort. It is all we can do, really, in times such as these where this is how "living" feels, and we know it should not....
Tetra50

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I had to step back and compose myself after reading your post.............it struck a nerve. In all my life I have never read or heard anything that came close to how I feel on a daily bases.

I am here by way of your post "A Little something to make you smile", your words made me want to know more which is as far from what I do as it can get. There a lot of well spoken poster's on ATS and the web but none have struck me even close to the way you put things.

If I have anything that I can say I would consider wise words, it would be just keep on with what you are doing, if you can touch my soul you are for sure doing the right thing.................I will pay it forward.

Thank you !!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Wow Battleline that is really inspirational of you to say something like that, i do try and reach others out there that have similar concepts of existence. This dualism we have to face on a daily basis in so many facets makes it a push pull kind of scenario. I tend to have my bad days were all seems hopeless but it takes a small spark of inspiration lift me off the dust and soldier on. Progression is indeed the mission and as my days accumulate on this realm so does my understanding and knowledge of what life really is about. Figuring it out for yourself is indeed the greatest gift as we might be slaves to a system in a certain extent but we always have the freedom of thought and the capability to reflect on that. Sometimes similar minds cross paths and almost recharge each other with fresh insight and sharing of ideals until the journey continues.

All the best fellow thinker till we cross paths again

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join