It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling cynical and hopeless, require insperation from the ''good ones''

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Quite a forward title don't you think, well today and pretty much this whole I have felt a bit morbid.
I can't seem to point out a single reason for my moods of late. I can normally deal with my scrutinous mentally towards my natural surroundings. I find it bearable to revel in the dark side of humankind's nature, you know for perspective. I have made peace that I will always be a slave to a system that I despise. I have made peace that I will never be able to fool my self into thinking I am normal and that the ''normal'' life is for me. I understand the results of my dissociative disorder if it can even be placed in a box like everything else people can't handle. I do have the ability to feel, I just seem to feel more for things that most people disregard.

I'm sure it's great to own a huge piece of property with all sorts of materials to distract me from the deeper and more ethereal/esoteric/metaphysical side of life. Ive listened to all the theories of materialism, the hypothesis that we are merely programmed biological organisms that exist for a brief moment in time as the result of a monumental explosion billions of years prior. I understand that this existence might be it, that some are unfortunate whilst others are so privileged that they seem to overlook the rest.

I have even embraced my flaws and made peace with my mistakes and believe me I have made many mistakes, so much so that it has lead me so far down the rabbit hole so to speak that mere conversations with others sometimes end in dismay.

Why? because I tend to say things like it is, I tend to unintentionally burst peoples bubbles so to speak. You see I have this irritating yet addictive condition for seeing the world for what it is and not what it wants to be. I see past all the superficial chivalry and games the masses seem to consume so vigorously.
I see past all the so called charity in a orchestrated system of valueless paper exchange for top hats and skyscrapers. It's power behind the kindness you see on the idiot box that feeds perpetual lies to the emotionally unstable slaves that continue a valueless existence by constantly feeding of glamor and kindness whilst trees are being massacred and the oceans are being poisoned.

I know it is the little things that should be enjoyed but as of late I have realized the way things are going the little things might not exist for much longer. I hate to say this but maybe I should just admit that I hate human beings for always being so predictable, for always taking the easy way out, for always ignoring the most important things.

That first bite of that sweet apple, that sweet taste of pleasure that has lead us all astray in the pursuit of pleasure at all cost, who cares about the man sitting in the corner with his cardboard sign. He had his chance to swindle he just wasn't that good at it. One thing I know is if there is a God he/she/it has left us a long time ago, I know I would of. Don't get me wrong, behind all this is a morbidity, there lies a person capable of showing compassion,love,and care. I just don't know where to project it towards any longer. Is it because we have lost touch with the very thing that has provided us with the environment to exist, probably. All I know is I need some wise words, not from scripture, not from some deity speaking through you. Just from you .....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerbychoice
One thing I know is if there is a God he/she/it has left us a long time ago...

I have seen undeniable, in your face PROOF, that this is absolutely wrong.

Everything we think we "know" is a LIE...

If you’re seriously looking for some deep answers to real questions, watch this:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

Hey human, I'm a human too, lets be humans together. It's hard not to get wrapped up in the fallacies that we experience on a daily basis. Consume, procreate, die. Our ideologies are flawed on a large scale, as you seem to well understand. Don't feel too down, it happens. Not all humans ignore the little things. I live in a beautiful area I the high sierras, not too far from the bristle cone forest. Is that what your picture is? When things get a little too doom and gloomy, I take a hike. I get some good air in my lungs and some warm sun in my face. I outstretched my arms and let the surroundings envelope me.

We have lost a connection, to the earth, the universe, our inner selves. The distractions abound and not by accident. Look at the mass genocides of indigenous people who practiced shamanism. I don't believe that was on accident either.

I'm not claiming to be a "good one" or have any wise words for you, but know this, you are incredible. You have a light in you.

This passage always uplifted me in some capacity:

"Passing stranger! you do not know
How longingly I look upon you,
You must be he I was seeking,
Or she I was seeking
(It comes to me as a dream)

I have somewhere surely
Lived a life of joy with you . . ."

From Love Poem To A Stranger by Walt Whitman

Hope this helps!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Most of the day we think about ourselves and we are too overly obsessed with our own happiness.

Try taking the time to go outside, forget yourself(who you think you are, or what you feel defines you) and be a part of God's perfect creation.

Accept all imperfections because in God's eyes everything is truly perfect, everything is in the process of becoming even more perfect.

Be content with life, greet thoughts and stimulus with peace and love, and you will receive back what you give.

Breathe until you feel you're breathing as gently as a baby does, and you will be content as a baby in the arms of its mother.

Peace to you.
edit on 113131p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

One thing I know is if there is a God he/she/it has left us a long time ago...

I have seen undeniable, in your face PROOF, that this is absolutely wrong.

Everything we think we "know" is a LIE...

If you’re seriously looking for some deep answers to real questions, watch this:

Thank you for your gesture

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed

Hey human, I'm a human too, lets be humans together. It's hard not to get wrapped up in the fallacies that we experience on a daily basis. Consume, procreate, die. Our ideologies are flawed on a large scale, as you seem to well understand. Don't feel too down, it happens. Not all humans ignore the little things. I live in a beautiful area I the high sierras, not too far from the bristle cone forest. Is that what your picture is? When things get a little too doom and gloomy, I take a hike. I get some good air in my lungs and some warm sun in my face. I outstretched my arms and let the surroundings envelope me.

We have lost a connection, to the earth, the universe, our inner selves. The distractions abound and not by accident. Look at the mass genocides of indigenous people who practiced shamanism. I don't believe that was on accident either.

I'm not claiming to be a "good one" or have any wise words for you, but know this, you are incredible. You have a light in you.

This passage always uplifted me in some capacity:

"Passing stranger! you do not know
How longingly I look upon you,
You must be he I was seeking,
Or she I was seeking
(It comes to me as a dream)

I have somewhere surely
Lived a life of joy with you . . ."

From Love Poem To A Stranger by Walt Whitman

Hope this helps!

Thank you for those kind words. I find allot of closure in nature and it is definately where I can clear my thoughts. It is just a sense of pure frustration in seeing such a beautiful place being taken for granted for so much superficial reasons. There is more than enough for everybody, just this greed business that gets me down. However I am greatful for the people who care and portray selfless love for other beings. It does spark a sense of hope.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Felling hopelessness can be sign your close to a breakthrough.

Whatever that might be for you.

I am not a "good one" or "bad one" as I am both as all are that reside here. I am.... is the main title for ourselves followed by anything we wish to describe ourselves with.

the cynical feelings in my experience and opinion is coming from an internal force we all have and is part of your feeling hopeless.

As I said you might be on the verge of an understanding that has eluded you and now that your on the verge that understanding will change your perceived view of reality, what is coming out as these feelings you have is sort of like a defense mechanism humans have when major change is on the horizon, that change might be difficult for parts of you now and those parts fight to keep conditions the same or at least on the same path.

Feelings are what make us who we are and how we react to those feelings is how society view us.

be yourself is the best advice I have ever been given, meaning to be true to oneself no matter what that brings is true righteousness.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Hi,

"The more knowledge I gain the more I realize just how little I really know about everything."

I too remember when it was fun to realize new things I became cognizant of. Like; who knew I could do most anything ambidextrously?

One may never be aware of everything, but they do nature/nurture their own creations?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

There is more than enough for everybody, just this greed business that gets me down. However I am greatful for the people who care and portray selfless love for other beings. It does spark a sense of hope.

I believe that therein lies the secret to life...

I believe that selfless love is the very reason we are here.

Our whole purpose is to BECOME that spark of hope for others.

Below is a quote from the film I linked above:

"You know, everyday I get millions of complaints about this world. All the greed and selfishness poverty, starvation, the wars, the murders, the abuse of children. I hardly recognize this place anymore. It bears so literal resemblance to the garden that I created for you, but it’s not hell, Nick.

Even now, there’s sunshine on a spring day, there’s a starry night and a desert sky, there’s a gentle breeze on a summer afternoon and the smell of flowers, the song of birds, There’s even people who are willing to lend a helping hand to the helpless and there’s love Nick, there’s still love." The Encounter

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

One thing I know is if there is a God he/she/it has left us a long time ago

If you watch America you will see that YHWH left that country in satans control on Inauguration Day 2013.

The elite know this and that is why everything is falling apart now. That is why they are grabbing physical gold whilst they can.

Speak the Lords prayer from the bottom of your heart and start stocking up on food, medicine and water.

Just by having faith in Jesus Christ your family will be protected from the coming 7 Year Tribulation.

His endless love is there for everyone who calls out to Him in His name. YHWH knows exactly what you need. If you need food He won't give you stones to build a wall.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

I agree. I was much the same way before I was launched into space, so to speak.

What I have noticed is that the more light you begin to shed, the more that darkness is unveiled. Perhaps it is a natural obstacle our souls must overcome. A "face your fears" kind of thing, if you will.

To the op I would say, free yourself of this worry that burdens you. As you said, you have embraced your flaws and have made peace with your mistakes, so continue to embrace, continue to be at peace, my friend. Do not allow others to steal your energy.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

...I find it bearable to revel in the dark side of humankind's nature, you know for perspective...
...I have made peace that I will always be a slave to a system that I despise. I have made peace that I will never be able to fool my self into thinking I am normal and that the ''normal'' life is for me. I understand the results of my dissociative disorder...
...I do have the ability to feel, I just seem to feel more for things that most people disregard.
...I'm sure it's great to own a huge piece of property with all sorts of materials to distract me from the deeper and more ethereal/esoteric/metaphysical side of life...
...I understand that this existence might be it, that some are unfortunate whilst others are so privileged that they seem to overlook the rest...
...I have even embraced my flaws and made peace with my mistakes and believe me I have made many mistakes, so much so that it has lead me so far down the rabbit hole so to speak that mere conversations with others sometimes end in dismay...
...I should just admit that I hate human beings...
...behind all this...morbidity...lies a person capable of showing compassion,love,and care. I just don't know where to project it towards any longer.
...All I know is I need some wise words.....

Well put.
It's kind of difficult to put an emotional/mental state into a fairly flowing thesis - but, I think you did a good job.
Whatever kind of peace you have made with yourself & your world-view...remember that "life" and "progress" is fluid... What you state emphatically today, will be tomorrow's crow.
Since I am not one of the "good people" either...I can only make observations.
Everyone on this board...and everyone you despise for not seeing and thinking and feeling and caring...as righteously as you...has the same view of everyone-else (to some degree).
We may place someone-else's views and lifestyle on a pedestal...for a while -- but, they all fall down...given time.
Everyone has to live within the parameters of their world-view. What reason would a mother bird work so hard to build a nest, hatch some chicks, and feed and feed and feed them...until they can fly away? She only lives a few years (at most). The chicks only live a few years (at most). Are they mechanical beings...? ...programmed to whistle in-and-out of our view...to keep the charade going?
I don't know. Doesn't seem that you think you do either. A lot of people think they do know...and, for me, the jury is still out on those verdicts.
I think this song gives about the best take on your dilemma, that I've found...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is the most emotive, honest, and touching OP I have read in a very long time. And I needed very much right now to hear someone of a like mind.....
Thank you, from my heart.... I wish so very much I could say something to give you hope to go on, to have faith, but I am all out of that these days, Nevertheless, you are NOT ALONE. Some of us have lived and feel exactly what you do.....
Tetra50
edit on 15-5-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hello, I am one of the good ones. I am a nice guy and deep down I know I am a little kid, innocent. I don't do anything really bad or to hurt another. Just relax don't get caught up trying to answer questions no one knows or unsolvable today. I know someone said enjoy the little things, how about ice cream or soda? Maybe they could stop your morbid moods. Just get lost in the pleasure of life. Life is a garden, dig it. Try to enjoy life instead of critique ing it. Let certain things go. I used to get angry at this site for little kid aetheists going on parade, that lack experience or question themselves as wrong. There are a bunch of questions we will never know, they don't have to ruin your life unless you let them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I've been down your road. Cynical about life on this earth. About all the (apparent) good things that're actually not so good. The stories that're weaved for popular consumption. The s*** that's swept unde the rug. But you know, I get tired of all that. When it's all said and done, this world will keep on turning anyway, no matter how corrupt some things seem to be.

You can't make the world fit what you think it should be. This world, in fact, doesn't care what any single person thinks about it. There're billions of people busily trying to change it, stubbornly refusing to surrender to opposition. And they'll go on and try to change it just as anybody else will. But the end result is the world never quite measures up to our expectations.

So if it never can meet your expectations then lower them.

Happiness is inversely proportional to expectations. So if you have high expectations for this world then your happiness will be low. And vice versa. These're words of wisdom.

YOu have to come to accept some things. Take what you can. Do your best. Helping others is a great way to feel useful. Sometimes we have to take roads we wouldn't normally take. And realize that your time on this earth is brief, very short. So don't live with regret or despair too long.

I will probably throw all my advice away and be cynical in hte next moment. Even if I do, I still think there's some truth to all this. But like you, I sometimes am very stubborn to accept things. Every now and then, I want to chuck it and just be like a pirate and go down with my ship. You know what I mean? All my dreams, hopes, memories and vices. Everything. Be like a martyar. But then I take a step back and realize it's a lot harder to do that than it's to think. So I'll try to keep doing the best I can. My best isn't oftne good enough. I miss the mark. But days turn into weeks and months and years. It all happens really fast. I look back and blink. I'm not the first nor am I the last.
edit on 15-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Listen to some Bill Hicks. At least you can laugh at the current situation and realize there are far more people that "get it" these days.

Some people have tried to get the point across. One day, I think a majority of people will stand up and demand something be done.

The night is always darkest before the dawn

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If this doesn't make you feel a little better. I have no more to offer.

Jam eater blues

edit on 15-5-2013 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Whatever that might be for you.

I am not a "good one" or "bad one" as I am both as all are that reside here. I am.... is the main title for ourselves followed by anything we wish to describe ourselves with.

the cynical feelings in my experience and opinion is coming from an internal force we all have and is part of your feeling hopeless.

As I said you might be on the verge of an understanding that has eluded you and now that your on the verge that understanding will change your perceived view of reality, what is coming out as these feelings you have is sort of like a defense mechanism humans have when major change is on the horizon, that change might be difficult for parts of you now and those parts fight to keep conditions the same or at least on the same path.

Feelings are what make us who we are and how we react to those feelings is how society view us.

be yourself is the best advice I have ever been given, meaning to be true to oneself no matter what that brings is true righteousness.

Guess your right, just a phase I need to work through, Ive been through darker days and come out stronger. Sometimes it just helps to get some outside perspective, thank you for your kind words and i can clearly see the intention is done with honesty. This might sound strange but I love you stranger

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Hi,

"The more knowledge I gain the more I realize just how little I really know about everything."

I too remember when it was fun to realize new things I became cognizant of. Like; who knew I could do most anything ambidextrously?

One may never be aware of everything, but they do nature/nurture their own creations?

Intelligence, not because you think you know everything but that you question everything you think you know. So true, it's such a huge and diverse world of mentalities and information in a constant influx of fresh perspective and it's constant evolution keeps one humble and open to new possibilities. I am still a young lad and although a but controversial in appearance and alternative in lifestyles I still have allot to learn and discover.
Good things fellow thinker

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfinitePerspective

I agree. I was much the same way before I was launched into space, so to speak.

What I have noticed is that the more light you begin to shed, the more that darkness is unveiled. Perhaps it is a natural obstacle our souls must overcome. A "face your fears" kind of thing, if you will.

To the op I would say, free yourself of this worry that burdens you. As you said, you have embraced your flaws and have made peace with your mistakes, so continue to embrace, continue to be at peace, my friend. Do not allow others to steal your energy.

I agree, I have been through quite a distressing and self-abusive period in my life.
It could very well be a sense of absolution from my past and the mistakes I made that has lead me to this crucial point in my existence. I do want to recognize that love resides within us all. I do want to recognize that fear is a prison and I am close to escaping that prison. Beauty is everywhere all we need to do is open our eyes so to speak. I will never give up that is one thing I can promise myself. It's not an option.

Peace and thank you for your wise words

<<   2 >>

join