It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China test new anti-satellite missile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod
reply to post by Hopechest

I believe that China bought our RQ-170 from Iran. Ta da! Dark sword a year later.

You do realize the RQ-170 is 20-30 year old technology right?

A new aircraft rivaling the the f-22.

You either make a good joke or you have no clue whatsoever. They have nothing close to the F-22. In fact no one in the world does unless a dogfight is forced, then the F-22 still matches up with the best dogfihters specifically designed for it when the F-22 is not.

A new aircraft carrier that puts our older ones to shame, but not our newer ones.

No, it doesn't. It's a training carrier, not built for or meant to ever see any action. They have ZERO aircraft carrier doctrine, any US carrier would outperform theirs any day of the week with every US sailor onboard sick with the flu.

Their cat-line submarine.

I am not aware of the cat submarine, can you send me a link?
I have not seen anything to suggest their type 95 sub will pose a problem with American subs. Other asian nations on the other hand should possibly worry.

Imagine what havok it would wreak in the western world if they knocked those 80s GPS satellites out the sky?

Far less havok than the complete annihilation of their country such an act of war would invoke.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Hopechest

China is actually rapidly expanding their logistics capability. They know they don't hold a candle to the U.S. and regional allies in air and sea capabilities. They are fixing that.

And anybody that thinks China is a peaceful nation have their heads buried in the sand. They're human just like the rest of the world. Not only that, they are fairly powerful as well. At some point, they will flex their muscles. History tells so...

I quite agree. The only mystery is which side will Russia jump in with.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by thesungod

China really has no need to expand and doing so would more than likely lead to UN sanctions that would extremely hurt their economy so a massive invasion by China somewhere is highly improbable. They still haven't taken Taiwan back so I doubt they are going to push anything.

Look at what they claim is their "territorial waters" and compare it to the accepted lines. They are bullying all their Asian neighbors and would have taken back Taiwan but for the fact America can destroy China at the moment. When they no longer fear the US they will be freed for military campaigns.

<< 1   >>

join