It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White powder sent to U.S. consulate in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
WGN morning news interviewed an Illinois couple in China who are adopting a child. They have been unable to get an appointment with the U.S. consulate due to what they describe as a white powder being sent to the consulate.

www.nytimes.com...

Here is a link to a New York Times article on the same issue.

I imagine this will receive a through investigation, but I haven't seen much coverage. While there isn't much info available, I Would love to hear any theories on how this impacts current events. I tend to think this will be an individual and not a larger group. Anyone disagree?

www.latimes.com...

edit on 15-5-2013 by Midnight4444 because: Added additional link

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
haha it is probably MSG. You can buy it by the sackfull and it is used everywhere and in most restaurants.and foods. White powder could be anything, so is this really a big deal?.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
haha it is probably MSG. You can buy it by the sackfull and it is used everywhere and in most restaurants.and foods. White powder could be anything, so is this really a big deal?.

So by your reasoning we should just ignore ALL packages, envelopes with white powder?

Sorry, but that's a fail.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

So you think someone thought the food at the consulate was bland? Tell me this, if you worked in a gov. office and opened a letter and found white powder, would you take it home to flavor your rice?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I agree that it isn't exactly going to change the world order, but it piqued my interest. MSG may be everywhere but I don't think it gets sent thru the mail very often, seems like it would be a waste of a delicious food additive.

Even if the powder turns out to be something as mundane as that, it was obviously sent with an intent to make people fearful, and I'm curious to know who & why.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
prolly someone forgot to mention to the coke dealer not to mail it in

new topics

top topics

join