It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daylight Savings Time: Good or Bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I live in Indianapolis and we do not observe DST. In my opinion it is a good thing. I personally do not like the time changes. In the winter it gets dark really early here. Taking away an extra hour in the afternoon means it is dark by the time people get home from work. Granted you have more daylight in the morning but none after work. After work is the time people are more likely to do things like yardwork or go for a walk. Who is going to do this in the dark?

Should states like Indiana and Arizona go to observing DST or should the other states quit using this concept and just keep the clocks in place?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Neither. Just outdated and unnecessary.

IMHO, of course. (There; now this won't be a one-line post.)

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yea it's pretty lame. I mean, how accurate is an 'hour change' in accordance with the entire world?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Personally I'm still half asleep in the mornings anyway, so still being dark a little longer wouldn't really matter much. Come the late afternoon though, I would like an extra hour of light. Therefore, I think I'd prefer no Daylight savings.

Edit: BUT, let me tell ya that I do enjoy the extra hour of drinking when the clocks get set back. The clubs and bars usually stay open an extra hour that night of the year.

[edit on 11/5/2004 by DiabolusFireDragon]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well looking at it that way I too would much rather it get light at noon and dark at 10pm

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Okay...

If we abolished time changes and brought the UK into line with Europe then here in Scotland the sun wouldn't rise till 11am and would down around 5ish.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Okay...

If we abolished time changes and brought the UK into line with Europe then here in Scotland the sun wouldn't rise till 11am and would down around 5ish.

We're only talking about "daylight savings time" here in the U.S. It's where they roll the clocks back an hour to have a little more daylight in the mornings rather than in the late afternoon. Dunno if you guys across the Atlantic have anything like it over there?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can't stand it & wish it would go away,

[edit on 5-11-2004 by outsider]

top topics

join