It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you treat people as Loving and Generous as you would treat Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Matthew 25:35-40
New International Version (NIV)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

Do you spend your time arguing with Jesus? Do you spend your time being mean to Jesus? Do you spend your time sharing smiles, joy, laughter, and kindness with Jesus?

I thought these were some very interesting verses. It's just something to think about.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Do you spend your time arguing with Jesus?

No, that would be like arguing with a figment of your imagination.

Do you spend your time being mean to Jesus? Do you spend your time sharing smiles, joy, laughter, and kindness with Jesus?

No and no for the same reason. I do not mind what you believe in. If Jesus exists then by definition he is a hybrid human/alien. He is not here. He is supposed to be coming back one day.

Religion has so many holes in it as it is without talking to beings that aren't there.

If you talk to Jesus it's fine, if you hear other voices to chat to, you are insane. Lock them all up and be done with it.

P

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In the book of Matthew chapter 7 verse 12 it says:

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

These are the words that make sense to me. To treat others as I would want to be treated. I like kindness and respect; so I try to treat others with kindness and respect. I also like forgiveness and compassion.

I am a human being with many flaws...and I make mistakes...so I am into apologies too. I do keep trying every day to improve.

I have come to realize in life...that everyone matters...they count...and what they have to say is important; and so is a good listener.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of religious trolling here.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

In the book of Matthew chapter 7 verse 12 it says:

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

Yes, this combined with "love your neighbor as yourself" seems to be similar of what Jesus was saying in the verses of the original post ("what you have done to others, you have done to me")

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
All of these above quoted scriptures heavily illustrate the law I live by. Unity. Unity is real. We and god are all one. All is one. Once this is realized, the utter necessity for compassion can be realized. Unity alone can teach the good path. Unity is the teacher.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I try to see everyone as Buddah inside.
Treat them accordingly.
Unless I see the devil pop his head out.
Then ... I treat the person as I would a dangerous rattlesnake.
Carefully.
I think that's pretty good common sense.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hermanuetics 101:
Context context context. Im am not saying, not to do "nice" things for people, but in context this is not what Jesus is talking about.

31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

This judgment occurs after the tribulation, who will be judged? Verse 32: All nations.

They will be judged for how they treated whom? Verse 40

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Who was Jesus speaking to? The Jews.

In context Jesus is speaking about the judgment of the world according to how they treat the Jewish people during the coming tribulation. It is NOT a blanket command to be "nice" to everyone, although it wouldn't hurt to do it anyways.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

We aren't to behave towards others "as we would treat Jesus" - we are not to "treat" Jesus in any way. What matters is that we treat others as "Jesus would treat others." We are to be Christlike towards others in all that we say and do - Jesus is our example.

Ask ourselves - what would Jesus do - ?
edit on 15-5-2013 by CasaVigilante because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Wow, that's a dumb post. Do you spend any time thinking of the social value of what a Christian says before you spew out your ontology? Would the world be WORSE if people loved Jesus, and saw Jesus in each other and treated each other kindly?

I'm sick of the cowardice. Whenever a Christian says something gentle an kind, you show up and condemn it as irrational thought. But with the REAL irrational thought that does damage, that guides some of the most powerful forces in the world for the destruction of all of us, you run and hide behind a veneer of scientific validity.

Mutual assured atomic destruction? Makes sense. A religion of total economic and ecological destruction to serve a few? Can't argue with that.

But a Christian on a forum telling people to treat each other like they'd treat Jesus, and WOAH! Mist COURAGE shows up to shoot it down.

I don't have a problem with you standing up to what you see as delusions in this world. But I have a big problem with you not standing up to the ones that are literally destroying the world while you crap on messages of kindess.

PEace!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Do you spend your time arguing with Jesus?

I have yet to figure out a way to argue with what he apparently said...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Caladonea's reply was awesome and expresses what I try and live by.

The OP on the other hand wants me to love and follow a figment. I do not like religious fervor and the bible is so full of opposing messages as to be nonsense.

For every Christian message you can give me that is worthwhile, I can throw one back that is not. Christians seem to want to pick and choose from a tiny part of the bible.

Besides, the Deity with the biggest world wide following is The God of Money. Strangely, many Christians follow this Deity as well even though it is against God's specific commandments.

P

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Hermanuetics 101:
Context context context. Im am not saying, not to do "nice" things for people, but in context this is not what Jesus is talking about.

31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

This judgment occurs after the tribulation, who will be judged? Verse 32: All nations.

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

In context Jesus is speaking about the judgment of the world according to how they treat the Jewish people during the coming tribulation. It is NOT a blanket command to be "nice" to everyone, although it wouldn't hurt to do it anyways.

rubbish, christians and all of their buts. not judging someone means to give up your opinion about them. your opinions are imaginary and are unreal

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Actually what he said is precisely true. Jesus is speaking about the "Sheep and Goats" Judgment at His return. When He judges the nations for how they treated the Jews during the Great Tribulation.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why? Jesus knows everything I have said, and everything I will ever say. Jesus doesn't care one iota about what I have to say. Don't you get it? Don't you pay attention? Him and his Dad KNOW EVERYTHING about everybody that has ever lived or will live. They are Gods. Am I getting through? If you believe in God or Jesus, it's pointless to ask that question. They don't need DIDDLY from you. They could care less, no matter what you ask them, whatever they have planned, that's the way it's going to be. And if you don't believe in God or Jesus, there is still hope for you. Do you want to know why? because god and jesus are sitting around in heaven saying "Dude get's it". That is how simple the whole 'jesus' thing plays out. He already knows what you have to say, so why bug him with stupid useless human concerns that he could care less about.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The question i have to ask is do you believe in Jesus? was he real person? was he man or woman? Do you follow the teaching of Jesus?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Hermanuetics 101:

Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
For there is no respect of persons with God...

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Romans2

And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son? Luke20
edit on 15-5-2013 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think the underlined portion of your quote goes to show that Jesus didn't think he was superior to us, but he thought of himself as equal to everyone.

Someone who thinks he is equal does not require worship. The religion that he "supposedly" created does not teach that, it teaches to worship him and him alone. Jesus never wanted worship in my opinion, and that verse proves that. What he truly wanted was everyone to treat everyone else as equal, including him.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Originally posted by pheonix358

The OP on the other hand wants me to love and follow a figment.

Where in the Original Post, did I say to "follow" anyone?

My point was this: Do you treat others with as respectful as you would treat Jesus (or anyone YOU consider to be worthy of respect) or do you treat them like crap? I didn't say to "follow" anyone. I was making a point here. I just used The Bible to demonstrate because according to these verses this is what Jesus (who MANY consider to be worthy of respect) said...
edit on 15-5-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

My point was this: Do you treat others with as respectful as you would treat Jesus (or anyone YOU consider to be worthy of respect) or do you treat them like crap? I

If we went through like accumalating or depreciating points everytime we trated someone good or bad and those points were a number that beame visible on our foreheards if we ran into the red zone, what percentage of world would hold the satans mark?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join