It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Dollar hits all-time low against Euro

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Squid

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

I'll be buying gold. It's good advise.

Great Idea!!
I have plenty of gold in my safe, I got it for the year 2000, just incase everything went tits up (thank god it didn't) but gold is a good hard currency, people recognise that it is worth alot and will accept it.

Good Luck to you mate, lol

Great advice I have also invested in Gold and Silver. Metals will old their value in all but the worst cases. It has stood the test of time over and over again. Im talking about getting the gold or silver in your hands though not just having a piece of paper stating you own gold, that may not mean anything if something bad goes down.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Great Britain Consists of - England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and the British Isles. Most (if not all) of the British Isles are not in the EU.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northen Ireland. All of these countries are in the EU under the umbrella of Great Britain. The Republic of Ireland (southern Ireland) is also in the EU and is a full member of the single european currency.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
yes I know, Its the British Isles that I said are not in the EU.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The 'British Isles' generally refers to the UK and Ireland and all the dependencies around there. Are you talking about the channel islands or something like that?

edit:

If the paper/electronic money system does collapse, as John Bull predicted, we are all royally screwed IMO. I can't see the world allowing this to happen, if they're willing to bail out countries like Brazil, surely they'd prop up the US, wouldn't they?

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Chris McGee]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Isle of Man would be one, the Sheltlands another maybe, the channel islands, and the other islands alike.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by The_Squid]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
OK, I see what you mean, but they aren't part of Great Britain, they're crown dependencies. You're right about them not being in the EU although I think some have associate member status.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I belive that Great Britain is Britain and ALL the British Isles, otherwise they would just call it Britain.

Theres:

The UK - England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
Britain - The UK and Southern Ireland
Great Britain - Britain and the all the Islands like the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, etc etc

Thats the way I see it.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ah yes, I see what you mean now Squid.

Yeah they have some funny kind of association without being actual members or even associate members.

I suppose it's having already been 'self governing' along with all that tax haven status stuff.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
well, if anyone is worried about the united states of amerika going into massive debt, take a moment to think WHERE the debts are going TO.... good ol reserve bank, and the international bankers.
"during a depression, wealth is never destroyed, it is simply transferred elsewhere"
so when the depression hits, dont think that the entire world is gonna go poor... at least the rothschilds will still be rich...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
When you look at the fact that the Bushies are running up hugh deficits and pumping all the money back into the oil business, is he trying to get the dollar low enough so that his friends in the middle east can buy up a majority. There's a lot more to this picture than anyone has posted on this board. Set up a three or four player chess board on multidimensions. Yes we are the pawns and this board has a lot of pawns. Bishops are after the Rooks. Knights are having a ball, been a while since they able to swing the sword again.

"All your bases are belong to the kings".

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Unfortunately wealth IS destroyed in a depression.

If you buy shares in the stockmarket for $10.00, every other holder of that stock values his or her shares at $10.00 at that moment. Now suppose only a few shareholders freak out and quickly sell in a big panic, and the price drops to $1.00. Maybe only a dozen shareholders did the selling and got out. All the other shareholders see 90% of their investment vanish.

That is the problem with the stock market, there may be 200 million shares on issue in company X, but only a few lucky ones can get out in a panic crash. For the rest they lose everything.

Money does not just change hands, it can grow out of nowhere, and disappear back into nowhere. That is the scary part.

When enthusiastic buyers ramp up the price of a stock, every other stock holder thinks he is becoming rich. In actual fact it is an illusion. That extra money does not really exist. If everyone tries to sell and get out at the higher price, the price drops quickly to zero before even a small proportion can escape.

The whole thing is a con game that can quickly go bad. Feeling lucky ???

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
The Euro is the NWO. Europe doesn't exist as it did ten years ago. You poor bastards don't even realise you no longer exist as independent nations. You are nothing more than copies of your neighbors now. How the hell did you Brits fall for this? And you Germans, my God. One currency, one nation. I pity you all. If the US ever goes Euro I'll kill myself!

Edit: Did you Brits fall for this yet? Maybe not. Sorry. Why in the heck would you even think about it?

[edit on 6-11-2004 by TexasConspiracyNut]

You do realise that more languages are spoken in Europe than just about any other area it's size. You have Polish, English, French, Austrian, Spanish, Italian, Romanian and a whole lot more. If they really wanted to make the countries in Europe copies of each other you think they would start with a standard language so they can at least have the same news service Europe wide. I don't see anything like that going on or much else to destroy the individual culture of any member nation. They just know that they can be a stronger economic force if they work together so you can hardly blame them for doing that. If my history isn't completely off America once had many different languages and wasn't a united nation a few hundred years ago, it certainly isn't like that now.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Trent]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
When the day comes I personally think water will be worth more then anything on the planet.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Poor old TexasConspiracyNut, He truely is getting an earful... not that he doesn't deserve it... but hey.

America is in debt Billions and Billions that it owes to people that have lent them money, and America keeps borrowing more and more and more, which is just digging themselves deeper and deeper into a hole.

If the Dollar goes RIGHT down (which it more than likely will) America will be screwed, im not sure if many other people (appart from stockmarket traders investing in it) will suffer from it.

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
When the day comes I personally think water will be worth more then anything on the planet.

This is Sad but True, Water is more than likely in the next 50 - 100 years going to be more Valuable than Gold or Platanum

Want to invest in something long term? Buy or Build a resovior, I think I shall, oh and get some gold coins for those who recognise theres a problem in the US.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Bush,

please make a USA $ as lower is possibly!

Please make me happy. Please make me rich.

I will kiss your picture every day when I wake up for next 4 years!

Thank you very many.

I.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What about George Soros could he have something to do with this behind the scenes of international currency markets ? He does have a history of bringing currencies down, he has lots of influence, and he hated Bush. Perhaps he's revenging Bush victory somehow ? Now that would be a conspiracy....

en.wikipedia.org...
On Black Wednesday (September 16, 1992), Soros became instantly famous when, believing the Pound Sterling was overvalued, he speculated aggressively against it. The Bank of England was forced to withdraw the currency out of the European Exchange Rate Mechanism, and Soros earned an estimated US$ 1.1 billion in the process. He was dubbed "the man who broke the Bank of England." In 1997, under similar circumstances during the Asian financial crisis, former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad accused Soros of bringing down the Malaysian currency, the ringgit.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by vibetic
What about George Soros could he have something to do with this behind the scenes of international currency markets ? He does have a history of bringing currencies down, he has lots of influence, and he hated Bush. Perhaps he's revenging Bush victory somehow ? Now that would be a conspiracy....

On one of the Forex forums I used to frequent, they said Soros shorted a couple billion in USD in 2002.

That wouldn't be enough to cause the dollar to collapse.
Some of the Asian banks were making billion+ trades in a single day when they were trying to boost the dollar against their own currencies.

I think he's just good at trading and picked the right time to go short.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Excuse the babble boys and girls. No hard feelings.

Just wanted to crank the thread up a bit. It deserves the discusion. Six pages. not bad.

Oh BTW, Germany, England, Holland, Israel, Japan, Luxenburg, Been there, nice places. Not as nice as home but I wasn't born there.

You see, I'm Cherokee, not white. I've seen MY heritage go to hell. I hope you guys can hold on to yours.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Many complicating factors are involved, but to some extent, this is voting with your pocketbook.

Leaving the dollar behind is a vote of little or no confidence in it.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I belive that Great Britain is Britain and ALL the British Isles, otherwise they would just call it Britain.

Theres:

The UK - England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
Britain - The UK and Southern Ireland
Great Britain - Britain and the all the Islands like the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, etc etc

Thats the way I see it.

Can we clear this up
The british Isles refers to the achipeligo off islands of the north west coast of mainland Europe including, ireland, the uk, channel islands, shetland, orkneys, rockall, etc. Each and every one of these islands has a name! Great britain is the name of the big island on which the mainlands of England, Scotland and Wales are located (its called Great Britain simply because it's the biggest - not due to some exageratted sence of importance as some have suggested). On these islands there are two countries that are within the EU, Ireland and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (which includes England,Scotland and Wales along with their associated islands). Also within the British Islands are a number of island that are dependants of the Britsh Crown (eg. Isle of Man, channel isles, scillies) These are not considered part of the EU although this may change in the future (they are however allied to the EU and have equal trading terms as member nations). Other crown dependancies around the world such as the Falklands etc are NOT part of the EU (unlike the french depenadacies which were given EU status -- very strange spending Euro's in the Carribean!!!!)

[edit on 14-11-2004 by paperplane_uk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join