It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Several rockets land in Israel's Hermon area on the Syrian border early Wednesday, Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
According to CNN Breaking News:-

Several rockets land in Israel's Hermon area on the Syrian border early Wednesday, Israeli military says.

edition.cnn.com...

No more info yet on twitter or other mainstream places

I will update this thread when more info comes available.

I have just found this:-

2 mortar shells fired at Mount Hermon; site partially closed

Explosions heard at Mount Hermon: At least 2 mortar shells land in Israeli territory; no injuries or damage were reported; IDF closes site to visitors, lodges complaint with Golan-based UN peacekeeping force.

At least two mortar shells were fired into Israeli territory in the Mount Hermon region in the Golan Heights.

According to assessments they were stray mortars mistakenly fired at Israel as part of the Syrian conflict between rebels and government forces. No injuries or damage were reported.

In wake of the incident, the IDF has decided to close off the upper part of the Mount Hermon site to visitors and IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz held an emergency assessment meeting with senior IDF officials. In the meanwhile, Israel has lodged a complaint with the Golan-based UN peacekeeping force.

www.ynetnews.com...

I dont know if they are the same incident or different. 2 Shells are not several rockets. If they are two seperate incidents then this could be more than a mistake.

More info..

(CNN) -- Several rockets landed early Wednesday in the Hermon area of the northern Israeli-held Golan Heights, on Israel's border with Syria, the Israeli military said.

"Initial reports indicate that the rockets are a result of (the) domestic situation in Syria," a spokeswoman for the Israel Defense Forces said.

"As a result the Hermon side of the mountain will be temporarily closed for visitors."

edition.cnn.com...

In addition to the above I also found this whilst looking on twitter:-

Iran: We convinced Assad to assist those who want to attack Israel

Al-Hayat quoted a Teheran official as claiming that the Iranian regime succeeded in convincing Syrian president Bashar Assad to grant Hezbollah all the means it has at its disposal if the latter succeeds in organizing a force, and agrees to open an additional front against Israel in the Golan Heights.

The officials added that Iran also convinced Damascus to allow all of those wishing to fight Israel in the Golan region to do so, in an attempt to turn the area into the new frontline of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. (Roi Kais)

www.ynetnews.com...
edit on 15-5-2013 by jroduk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'd be careful. Could be American backed Forces in Syria that are trying to get Israel to attack. Would make a great distraction for Obama at home.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Its Nakba day and it is maybe (greeting) from the Palestinians, or else there no mention about this in Iranian media.

Could be false flag.. could be the Israeli (terrorist) own operation to disrupt the international attention.

I believe the latter…

Edit to add…

Aren’t these terrorists (proud owner) of the Iron dome..?? why are not working?

edit on 15-5-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Its Nakba day and it is maybe (greeting) from the Palestinians, or else there are noting mention in Iranian media about this.

Could be false flag.. could be the Israeli (terrorist) own operation to disrupt the international attention.

I believe the latter…

Based on?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Its Nakba day and it is maybe (greeting) from the Palestinians, or else there are noting mention in Iranian media about this.

I believe the latter…

Based on?

Based on this one…

en.wikipedia.org...

www.presstv.ir...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Well, it can't be Assad.

He wouldnt stoop that low (as USrael)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I believe the latter…

Based on?

Based on this one…

en.wikipedia.org...

www.presstv.ir...

This headline :

Palestinians mark 65th anniversary of Nakba Day

Suggest false flag?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBRiddle
I'd be careful. Could be American backed Forces in Syria that are trying to get Israel to attack. Would make a great distraction for Obama at home.
All it would take is for america to say "Go". There would be no need to draw them in like this.

new topics

top topics

join