It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The narrow path

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

That's what I was thinking.

Reincarnation vs. Resurrection has little value unless they point the believer towards love. I think I have clearly stated that I am pro love and anti-religion.

I merely defend what I believe because it is my testimony. This is the message that I have believed. And the kingdom of love has been found within me. I believe God is love, and Jesus is the Spirit of love. Therefore I worship only love and leave everyone else to judge that which appears to be against love.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

He claimed to believe in Jesus, but his teachings prove otherwise. Do you think Jesus would have told a woman to stay silent or not to ever teach? Of course not. Jesus treated everyone as equal, Paul saying that about women shows that he felt as though he was superior to them, meaning he thought of them as inferior and not equal.

Paul's message has turned the world complacent and complacency gives those in power all the freedom in the world to do what they want.
edit on 16-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

ETA: Do you believe that Jesus would have condoned slavery? Of course he wouldn't. Paul did condone slavery by his words in Ephesians 6:5.

Paul is a wolf in sheep's clothing, one of those Jesus warned us about in Matthew 7:15.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He was speaking of his yoke and his burden, hence him calling them his. What are his yoke and and burden if not the path that he showed us?

John 7:7
The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

There are those that hate love... and those that love...

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

The path that he set us on is based on karma in my opinion, which is why he said to love others as yourself

That is truth...

Yes I would. Like I said, the ass beating would be on their conscience, not mine. I don't turn away from loving someone just because they do not love me. I see that the issues in this world are based around hate and division, so I try to be the antithesis of that which is love.

The only reason to fight back would be if someone is threatening your life, and I have a hard time believing that they would try to kill me (or even fight me for that matter) because I said I loved them. That whole scenario doesn't really make sense in my opinion.

Perhaps that has to do with where you were brought up?

I live in one of the most violent messed up cities in all of Canada... and unfortunately one thing I don't have faith in is humanity...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Which means his burden and yoke were love, right? His path was love as well.

I try not to let the world around me corrupt me, because that is what Jesus taught. If you let the world (area/region) around you corrupt you, you have not followed Jesus' message fully.

You are no worse than me, we are equal.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

That is the right question. You still consider that I follow "Paulinity". In which case you would be correct There would be something separating me from the love of the father.

Allow me to give you the key to Paul. If you apply this key to all of Paul's writings I think you will see that Paul, Jesus, and even Buddha agree on most everything.

Paul's letters are written in a code, one that I imagine even Paul didn't recognize. Paul's letters when read in the context that Jesus is the Holy Spirit, the spirit of love, one can understand the message that agrees perfectly with Christ.

I believe 100% of the bible to be the truth. I am a young earth creationist, because science still has not proven anything. I believe the bible to be the inspired word of God, written by the hands of men who were filled with the Holy Spirit. I prayed for tongues, interpretation and to be a teacher. I believed and still believe that God will do what his son promises.

I make the claim only that I received the gifts that I was compelled to pray for. This is what the bible says one should do. Pray for gifts and believe they have received them. I prayed for them and believed I would and as a fact have received them.

Here is your key, will you open the door?

Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in the Spirit of Love. Simply because anyone who is in love cannot be condemned. I am a man in Christ Jesus, the Holy Spirit is in me and I am in the spirit. There is no condemnation for me because love has set me free.

This is far as I can go the rest is up to you.

edit on 16-5-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Akragon

To try not to let the world around me corrupt me, because that is what Jesus taught. If you let the world (area/region) around you corrupt you, you have not followed Jesus' message fully.

Yes but as I've said, love isn't easy... It sounds easy but there are many challenges adhering to such a path...

and I have not always followed it...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If science hasn't proved anything then neither has the bible. Science has mountains of evidence to support their theories, the bible has itself. Science is a piece of god, so to reject it is to reject god.

You are not a logical thinker if you believe the Earth is only 6,000 - 10,000 years old and you are ignorant if you ignore science. It is obvious to me now that you will never understand because you have thrown logic out for comfort and pleasure.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

IF you actually did what you were "tempted" to do... more then likely he would have held a grudge for scaring him half to death... That kind of fear is a huge dig to Karma... He probably would have came after you... and IF he had a history of Violence... it might not have ended good.

I knew him for a coward. He would have called the cops ASAP, and told his own version. His violence was only against women. He knew I was non violent, so he thought he had full impunity.

I did see him once, later, up on a balcony talking to a bunch of drinking buddies, evidently something about me, since one of them yelled out, "Hey, why don't you pick on someone your own size?" The guy who said it seemed to be about my size, but he didn't bother coming down from the balcony.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

hahaha... but there was still a grudge...

One thing I have found... people tend to hang around others who are like themselves...

I would imagine it was hard to restrain yourself... back in the day I would have slapped the hell outa that guy for even bringing a gun up in the conversation.... OF course this is Canada...

I don't think I've ever even seen a gun on the streets... and like I said this is a bad town

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

He claimed to believe in Jesus, but his teachings prove otherwise. Do you think Jesus would have told a woman to stay silent or not to ever teach? Of course not. Jesus treated everyone as equal, Paul saying that about women shows that he felt as though he was superior to them, meaning he thought of them as inferior and not equal.

Paul's message has turned the world complacent and complacency gives those in power all the freedom in the world to do what they want.

ETA: Do you believe that Jesus would have condoned slavery? Of course he wouldn't. Paul did condone slavery by his words in Ephesians 6:5.

Paul is a wolf in sheep's clothing, one of those Jesus warned us about in Matthew 7:15.

You must understand both men and women to make any since out of this.

Women were created to love rather unconditionally. Listen to a women talk about her first love and her children and this becomes obvious. For women to debate what is or is not love is rather silly to them. They don't understand men who say loving is hard.

Men were created to love based more in logic and reason. For men you really cannot love without the debate. When a woman who more naturally pursues love speaks out for love, she is simply asking for more love. When a man pursues love, he must understand the reason and logic for doing so.

Why would someone who's nature is unconditional love, need to debate with someone who sees love as something only obtainable through understanding. To the women much of the debate is unnecessary. The only one she really needs to win is her husband. The husband needs the debate so that he may adequately love his wife.

Church was the place to debate God, it was outside of the church that we love one another, in which case the bible makes clear that women are superior in their ability to love.

We complement each other.

The women represent the church; the church represents God's unconditional love. The women remains covered and quite during the debate because she already knows love in her spirit. Love remains quite during the debate.

The man represents the head of the church Christ. Christ is the one who taught man through logic and reason how to love. His logic and reason are sound for anyone who is willing to do what he said. To do what he said takes faith, and for men debate strengthens our faith.

Women are the unconditional love that man was to protect through logic and reason. Eve at the fruit because she knew God was love and that she could do nothing to separate herself from love. It was Adam who understood the logic, who failed to serve God and served his wife Eve instead. Adam needs to debate so that he can better protect Eve/the Church.

Maybe that makes no since to anyone but me. What do you think?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, it's easy from my perspective, but that's because I have fallen into love. Like I said, it's easy if you try.

In the words of Jimmy Page:

"Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on."

It's never too late to get back on the right path.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So since women love unconditionally, that means they should not be allowed to teach about it? That doesn't make any sense at all. If anything, those who love unconditionally SHOULD be allowed to teach. Maybe that's why Paul forbid them from doing it?

In my experience, church is NOT the place to "debate" god, but a place to be silent while the preacher preaches. Your thinking is backwards in that respect, among others. Try to debate god in church and you will most likely be shunned and kicked out of the church for disruption.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

If science hasn't proved anything then neither has the bible. Science has mountains of evidence to support their theories, the bible has itself. Science is a piece of god, so to reject it is to reject god.

You are not a logical thinker if you believe the Earth is only 6,000 - 10,000 years old and you are ignorant if you ignore science. It is obvious to me now that you will never understand because you have thrown logic out for comfort and pleasure.

I have spent many hours here and away from ATS studying and debating Evolution and the Age of the earth, and neither are even close to being proven. My beliefs our founded on intelligence, logic and reason.

I imagine that God did create every concept. So why evolution? I do not speak for God on this one, but I believe that believing in the possibility of Evolution to be absolutely necessary.

How can I ask you to evolve and become like Christ, if you don't believe in evolution. If we can truly be equal to Christ than we have to evolve spiritually.

I imagine that as long as no one is verifiably healing people by touching them and praying on them, that no one has obtained this equality that you claim exists.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

So why did Paul and Peter heal people by just touching them? Jesus wasn't the only one to raise people from the dead you know, which also means he was not the only one TO rise from the dead either.

Nothing within the bible as far as the miracles go is verifiable. It seems you are holding one to a higher standard than the other again. You say that you don't believe science because it hasn't proven anything, yet you admit that the bible hasn't proven anything either but still believe it over science. You are flip flopping all over the place.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

If I ask this question "How do you love"

What is a women going to say?
If you ask a women how do you love, most will say you just do. As if they don't have to think about it to do.

What is a man going to say?
You buy flowers, you take your wife out. If you ask a man how to love he will tell you about the loving things he does. Because he must do things to show love. His mind and his spirit must work together.

The women is simply born more spiritual and more connected to love. After all her natural role is to take care of the children and teach them how to love, through her own love for them.

Try debating a women on how to love. First she will be intrigued and intriguing, but mostly until you see it her way she will be annoyed. Only because she was right in the first place.

Here is the curse that we still haven't believed was a curse.

Genesis 3:16
16 To the woman he said,
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.

Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

Men ruling over their wives was a curse and Jesus cleared this up when he said men are to serve their wives the way he served the Church.

Don't you see the only way to break the curse is for man to serve women. 2000 years later and we still believe in the curse and not the cure.

We are equal partners, with different needs. This is all Paul is referring too. And I agree.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So why did Paul and Peter heal people by just touching them? Jesus wasn't the only one to raise people from the dead you know, which also means he was not the only one TO rise from the dead either.

Nothing within the bible as far as the miracles go is verifiable. It seems you are holding one to a higher standard than the other again. You say that you don't believe science because it hasn't proven anything, yet you admit that the bible hasn't proven anything either but still believe it over science. You are flip flopping all over the place.

I just admitted if someone is healing like Christ and they want to say they are equal, then I would have to accept their testimony based on the miracles.

However until I see or perform the miracle myself I will hold onto what I believe. Personally I believe that someday God may call on me to heal, I leave everything as a possibility.

However, I believe even if I were healing like Christ, and doing even greater things than what were told of in scripture, I believe I would still humble myself as only a servant. Neither Peter nor Paul make any claim to being equal to Christ.

edit on 16-5-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So since women love unconditionally, that means they should not be allowed to teach about it? That doesn't make any sense at all. If anything, those who love unconditionally SHOULD be allowed to teach. Maybe that's why Paul forbid them from doing it?

In my experience, church is NOT the place to "debate" god, but a place to be silent while the preacher preaches. Your thinking is backwards in that respect, among others. Try to debate god in church and you will most likely be shunned and kicked out of the church for disruption.

Yes but this is not the church that Paul was speaking about. He was talking about everyone getting together at someone's house to eat the Lord's Supper and openly talk about and debate spiritually. Actually expecting that multiple people would talk and that at times a revelation from the spirit would come to someone and encourage them to speak.

You can't blame Paul for the preacher and the pulpit. You simply won't find that version of church in his writing.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You're explanation doesn't make any sense. What other way is there to explain how to love than to just say it?

"Love your neighbor as yourself" I guess Jesus didn't explain it good enough here? After all, he doesn't say how to love, he just says to do it. You can treat others as yourself and still not "love" them, so that doesn't really explain how to love either.

Paul says nothing about what you just said, at all. He says that women should be silent in church, and that is it. He even says that them speaking in church is a "disgrace". How nice of him.

You are creating your own context to fit your presuppositions.

Do you not have anything to say about Ephesians 6:5? It seems to me that he condoned slavery bcause he was telling slaves how to act. Jesus would never condone slavery, but Paul did.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What if one doesn't love himself?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

To try not to let the world around me corrupt me, because that is what Jesus taught. If you let the world (area/region) around you corrupt you, you have not followed Jesus' message fully.

Yes but as I've said, love isn't easy... It sounds easy but there are many challenges adhering to such a path...

and I have not always followed it...

Agreed, it seems to get easier the more you do it and the older you get, but it still takes work to love like Christ.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join