It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The narrow path

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Paul was one of those powers in his day. Why do you think those in power put his epistles out there for everyone to see? They do not love the truth, only lies. You have to wonder why those in power (who hate the truth and suppress it) would let the "truth" in Paul's epistles to spread like they have.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Let me first make one statement about reincarnation. Only the one who loves as you do can find comfort in reincarnation. To you reincarnation has become an excuse for your brothers who have not yet reached your level of understanding.

Reincarnation allows one to walk a mile in another's shoes. The only drawback is that typically, one does not remember their previous incarnation and cannot therefore integrate such lessons into their current incarnation.

In Christ there is no excuse. Everyone is expected to understand and pursue love. All that don't face judgment. Although I do not make claims as to what is after this life, I do agree with you that the Heaven/Hell spoken of in the bible is tied more to our current emotional state of mind than it is any afterlife.

Surely someone who shares the omniscience of their father can understand the factors involved in being somewhat resistant towards love. This is what I don't understand about judgment - how can you judge anyone when you are so intimately aware of the circumstances that led to that for which you would judge them? It would be akin to judging yourself.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

As I said, fear is based on a known threat, anxiety is based on an unknown threat. Anxiety may turn into fear but anxiety is no longer anxiety once it turns into fear.

You can have anxiety that never turns into fear and you can have fear that doesn't stem from anxiety. They are two different things, although they are similar. This is semantics though and unimportant.

What is important is that Jesus put himself on our level by saying his father is our father (Matt 5:48), his light is our light (Matt 5:14), that we are gods (John 10:34), and that doing good to others is doing good to him (Matt 25:40), thus putting those "others" on the same level as him.

And that is fine for you. Some of us need something more to hold onto. If you need nothing more than my words cannot cause you to stumble, so although the path looks different, trust at least that their is nothing causing me to stumble.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Let me first make one statement about reincarnation. Only the one who loves as you do can find comfort in reincarnation. To you reincarnation has become an excuse for your brothers who have not yet reached your level of understanding.

Reincarnation allows one to walk a mile in another's shoes. The only drawback is that typically, one does not remember their previous incarnation and cannot therefore integrate such lessons into their current incarnation.

In Christ there is no excuse. Everyone is expected to understand and pursue love. All that don't face judgment. Although I do not make claims as to what is after this life, I do agree with you that the Heaven/Hell spoken of in the bible is tied more to our current emotional state of mind than it is any afterlife.

Surely someone who shares the omniscience of their father can understand the factors involved in being somewhat resistant towards love. This is what I don't understand about judgment - how can you judge anyone when you are so intimately aware of the circumstances that led to that for which you would judge them? It would be akin to judging yourself.

To me all has been orchestrated by the foreknowledge of God. We do not choose the time, place or circumstance of our birth. Nor do we have complete control over who we interact with. Some people believe it to be fate. I believe it to be purpose.

I believe that everything has been for God's purpose. If I was born you, I would have become you. Thus I have no right/reason to judge you. And because all was orchestrated by the father, if I judge anyone, I am actually judging the father. To pass judgment is to judge God. Therefore I accept what I see as his doing and I do not pass judgment for the things that he has done or has allowed to be done.

Judging me is judging the creator of me. It is fine to correct a brother when he has gone off the path of love. Not because you are judging him as a sinner, but because you are loving him as a brother. To judge him is to judge god for allowing him to fall away from the path. To love him is love God and to bring him back to the path.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Have you looked up the similarities between Jesus and the Roman god Bacchus? Bacchus rose from the dead long before Jesus came into the picture. He was also the god of wine, which Jesus turned water into.

The bible is a book of lies built on the foundation of truth. The resurrection and Jesus dying for your sins are the biggest lies of all, and you have taken the bait hook, line, and sinker. Being born again is a direct reference to reincarnation, though those who put the bible together have twisted it to mean something totally different than its intended meaning.

Men are power hungry and liars, history shows that. Men have been in charge of the bible since the beginning, men who were and still are in positions of power.

Do you know what the light that Jesus spoke of is? Can you explain it to me in so many words? Because I don't think you know what it is, you just say it without understanding.

You also contraeicted yourself again with your reply to slugger. Earlier you said that Jesus never feared, but in your reply to slugger you agree that he did fear. Will you acknowledge that or ignore it?

You also said that those who are blind do not see god, then said that you do not see god. You shtugged that contradiction off as well. Cognitive dissonance is the word, no offense to you.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You stumble by doubting yourself. That is the wall that you have set between yourself and Jesus (love), you have built a wall that you can never breach and do not care to breach.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Judging me is judging the creator of me. It is fine to correct a brother when he has gone off the path of love. Not because you are judging him as a sinner, but because you are loving him as a brother. To judge him is to judge god for allowing him to fall away from the path. To love him is love God and to bring Yes you are right he pointed out a type of fear that I had not previously thought of in my response. This is still not a contradiction.

I claimed that he felt no fear as a result of sin. Thus he had no anxiety that would come from feeling separate from God, as result of what he did.

Because of the crucifixion he learned to fear the father, even knowing the father was love. I would imagine this too was necessary for him to understand our fears and anxiety. him back to the path.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You still haven't looked at the similarities between Bacchus and Jesus have you? You'd be surprised at the similarities between them. Bacchus/Dionysus was a god who was born from a mortal woman and Zeus (god) who died then rose from the dead.

Romans are the ones who killed Jesus then took over his message by inserting elements of their Bacchus myth into Jesus' life. They turned him from a man of freedom to a god of intoxication and self-deprecation.

If Jesus feared his crucifixion then he feared. You say there is no contradicition but there is, you just refuse to see it.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I don't agree with that. At any point in my life, if I had made a significant decision of my own free will, I would likely not be who I am today. As stated in my signature: "There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."

Life is 1/10 what happens to us, and 9/10 how we react to it. We forge our own destinies through how we choose to seize and utilize the moments we are given. This I firmly believe.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Have you looked up the similarities between Jesus and the Roman god Bacchus? Bacchus rose from the dead long before Jesus came into the picture. He was also the god of wine, which Jesus turned water into.

The bible is a book of lies built on the foundation of truth. The resurrection and Jesus dying for your sins are the biggest lies of all, and you have taken the bait hook, line, and sinker. Being born again is a direct reference to reincarnation, though those who put the bible together have twisted it to mean something totally different than its intended meaning.

Men are power hungry and liars, history shows that. Men have been in charge of the bible since the beginning, men who were and still are in positions of power.

Do you know what the light that Jesus spoke of is? Can you explain it to me in so many words? Because I don't think you know what it is, you just say it without understanding.

You also contraeicted yourself again with your reply to slugger. Earlier you said that Jesus never feared, but in your reply to slugger you agree that he did fear. Will you acknowledge that or ignore it?

You also said that those who are blind do not see god, then said that you do not see god. You shtugged that contradiction off as well. Cognitive dissonance is the word, no offense to you.

You are accusing me of the same apparent contradiction that is in the bible. This should prove to you that I know the bible and believe it to be 100% true. But instead you can't see past what you believe to understand what I believe.

The bible says that no one has seen God, and then Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the father.

The reality is no one has seen God. This is true in the physical realm. If the love of God has filled you and your desire to love has been made perfect through this love, than spiritually you have seen the father. Anyone who does not have the love of the father in them has not seen the father. When they teach they are the blind leading the blind. The love of the Father lives in me and the Spirit of love has become my life, therefore I do not consider myself blind, since I can see the father.

Still there is no contradiction in what I say. Only a contradiction in what you believe, and what you believe I am saying. The contradiction is only in your mind, my mind is clear.

I cannot create what is visible out of what is not, a book was not written about me, but rather for me. I was not crucified to benefit anyone; rather I am the benefactor of the resurrection.

To be born again, is a moment in a man's life. Sinful man, has believed in their sinful nature. Once one believes in and accepts their sinful nature, they become chained to it. They have accepted the sinful nature as a necessary part of themselves. What they have failed to understand is there is no "Original sin", there is no sinful nature. There is only what we have decide to believe and pass on to future generation.

To be born again, is a moment in sinful man's life. The moment in which a man breaks free from the lies. The moment in which a man's heart turns away from the sinful nature and purses only love. Thus becoming one with Christ, in mind, body and spirit. To become one with the spirit of love, knowing that nothing can separate you from love, and having that love consume you to the point of Joy, so that you never wish to separate from love again.

This is what Jesus was talking about. Believing anything less will leave the sinful man chained to, addicted to, that which is destroying him.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Paul was one of those powers in his day. Why do you think those in power put his epistles out there for everyone to see? They do not love the truth, only lies. You have to wonder why those in power (who hate the truth and suppress it) would let the "truth" in Paul's epistles to spread like they have.

Can you see the irony?

You floated the theory that Plutarch wrote the book of Acts. He would have done such a thing to make Paul a more easily to sympathize with character. Before Acts was written, Paul was not highly received. After Acts he was. Yet nowadays Acts is the major source that people use to criticize and condemn Paul.

Did Plutarch, or whatever similar character, get any feed back from Paul, on the work of unofficial biography? I seriously doubt it. Even if he honestly attempted to tell the story straight, much of it was still reconstruction. Compare with Thucydides, who most historians agree reconstructed long speeches, so that the speeches were more the work of Thucydides than they were the work of the person giving the speech in the first place.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't agree with that. At any point in my life, if I had made a significant decision of my own free will, I would likely not be who I am today. As stated in my signature: "There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."

Life is 1/10 what happens to us, and 9/10 how we react to it. We forge our own destinies through how we choose to seize and utilize the moments we are given. This I firmly believe.

You say that as if you actually could have made a different choice in your life. You see what I am saying is God put you where you are. God put a choice in front of you that he knew you would choose. Each decision you have ever made was presented to you by God. Since it is God that put you where you are, it is God that presented you with your choices. God knows your decision before you decide; therefore the outcome was also known by God.

If you can accept this, than you can now truly blame God for everything. Now forgive him and you no longer need to forgive your brother, because you know that God put your brother in front of you to sin. Had God not put him there he would not be there. You see your brother sin, now you have a choice. Judge God for allowing the sin or love your brother because you can see clearly that he is acting against love/God.

Why do you want control? Why not give control to God/love and believe that everything has happened for the purpose of love, even though we cannot fully comprehend why?

Fate or Purpose, I choose Purpose.

Love is the answer the choice is your religion. We do not have to share the same religion to be on the same path.

edit on 16-5-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You still haven't looked at the similarities between Bacchus and Jesus have you? You'd be surprised at the similarities between them. Bacchus/Dionysus was a god who was born from a mortal woman and Zeus (god) who died then rose from the dead.

Romans are the ones who killed Jesus then took over his message by inserting elements of their Bacchus myth into Jesus' life. They turned him from a man of freedom to a god of intoxication and self-deprecation.

If Jesus feared his crucifixion then he feared. You say there is no contradicition but there is, you just refuse to see it.

Honestly I don't compare anything to the bible any more. The Dead Sea scrolls prove the bible was written 2000 years ago. Outside of a few tablets of stone that amount to very little similarity nothing that exists today predates those scrolls. To say that Bacchus predates Christ without having archeological evidence the story existed more than 2000 years ago makes the claim invalid. Provide the archeological evidence that proves that any similarity to Christ existed prior to 2000 years ago then I will take notice.

I could just as easy write something today about Greek Mythology and include a story similar to Christ and 2000 years from now people might believe that my story came before Christ simply because it makes mention of something that is known to pre exist Christ. This would not make it fact. This is my claim against yours. People wrote stories that were similar to Christ, nothing more.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Well I'm not too certain that a man named Paul ever existed, but that he was a spin off of another person, Peter in particular.

Notice how Acts starts off with Peter, then moves on to Saul intermixed with Peter, then ends with Paul. This is a literary device called parallelism, something Plutarch was very good at. He wrote a book called "Parallel Lives" which used this same exact technique.

He took elements of Peter and changed him into a man named Paul. You'll also notice how Peter and Paul's journeys within Acts share many similarities (parallels) as well.

Plutarch was a fighter for truth, which is why he left so many clues within Acts that point to Luke actually being Lucius (Luke) Plutarchus (Plutarch). He was forced to do what he did in my opinion. He was probably threatened with death if he refused.
edit on 16-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If god put us a where we are, then where is the free will? You can not have an omnipotent being controlling everything and still have free will. The two ideas are not in any way compatible.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Where is the archaeological evidence for Jesus? Oh right, there is none outside of the bible.

Seems awfully convenient that you set a double standard for evidence when it comes to Jesus. It is universally accepted that Bacchus and Dionysus predate Jesus by thousands of years. Just because You refuse to look for the evidence doesn't mean it isn't there.

You refuse to compare the bible because you are BIASED. Plain and simple. No offense, just pointing out the obvious. Your approach is equivalent to sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "la la la la, I don't hear you!".

ETA: I don't want this to turn into a pissing match, I honestly am not attacking you, just pointing out the flaws in your logic. To think a man rose from the dead is illogical.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

This is a good point, but what it really means is that only a very small percent of Christians within the generic self described title would make it. For example you have 1 billion Christians but only 10 million(hypothetical) make out it of that group.

In Jesus own words.
Matthew Chapter 25

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory and all his angels are with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 The people of every nation will be gathered in front of him. He will separate them as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right but the goats on his left.
34 “Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, my Father has blessed you! Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 35 I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me into your home. 36 I needed clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you took care of me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’
37 “Then the people who have God’s approval will reply to him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you or see you thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you as a stranger and take you into our homes or see you in need of clothes and give you something to wear? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
40 “The king will answer them, ‘I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you did for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did for me.’
41 “Then the king will say to those on his left, ‘Get away from me! God has cursed you! Go into everlasting fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels! 42 I was hungry, and you gave me nothing to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t take me into your homes. I needed clothes, and you didn’t give me anything to wear. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t take care of me.’
44 “They, too, will ask, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or as a stranger or in need of clothes or sick or in prison and didn’t help you?’
45 “He will answer them, ‘I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you failed to do for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you failed to do for me.’
46 “These people will go away into eternal punishment, but those with God’s approval will go into eternal life.”

I think a good question is who have been Jesus brothers & sisters on earth for the last 2000 years ?
Well the faithful first century Christians were, beyond that, who knows ?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You certainly won't find it as the adversary..

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

So why set up a path that only few would find if you want everyone to be saved? God knew beforehand that only a few would find the path that he set up, so why go through with said path if you truly want everyone to find it?

It's kind of like a chef serving steak at a restaurant. He decides to poison most steaks but leaves a few unpoisoned. He goes on to serve the steak while claiming he didn't want anyone to be poisoned to begin with. If he poisoned the steak then he obviously knew people would be poisoned, yet he still serves it. How does that make any sense?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

In my opinion, you are the one who supports the adversary. You celebrate and glorify a man's death, you are literally part of a death cult.

Christians display a device of torture (the cross) and claim that it is a good thing that gives life. How can a device created to cause death give life? It doesn't make any sense and they have tricked you into believing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join