It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The narrow path

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Any man of good will and virtue is a Christian in spirit.

I meant it spiritually, not materially.

You might think that Jesus is not necessary, but in truth it is His Spirit in any good action or thought.

I have to strongly disagree with that, as ideas are not property. Christianity may neither own nor claim credit for any morals or virtues known to man, as Christianity is only a couple thousand years old in contrast to the many civilizations that existed independently of, and previous to, the Christian regime.
edit on 15-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Jesus is God, and God is Charity. Any act of good will or virtue enacted is an act of charity therefore it is an act of the Spirit of God in man.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Jesus is God, and God is Charity. Any act of good will or virtue enacted is an act of charity therefore it is an act of the Spirit of God in man.

Prove the "God" is charity. Prove that he has ever given a blessing or gift without expecting some form of obeisance or veneration in return. Anything he has ever done was always committed with himself in mind. That's not charity, that's politics.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Jesus died on the cross also for those crucifying Him that never turned to Him after what they did.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Matthew 7
14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

How can Christians believe that Christianity is the "narrow path" even though it is the largest religion in the world? Jesus said that only a "few" people would find the narrow path, yet the religion he supposedly set up has become the largest path in the world and is steadily growing larger and larger by the day and has been for 2,000 years.

Ever heard such christian talk about a narrow path? I know..

This set-up that god has put into place has another problem. If god truly wanted everyone to be saved, then why would he intentionally make it to where only a "few" would find it? As I said before, god knows everything in advance, so him setting up a path that only a "few" would find goes against the common Christian belief that he wants everyone to be saved.

You are deceived by the word set-up.

so him setting up a path that only a "few" would find goes against the common Christian belief that he wants everyone to be saved.

That statement is false.

What are your thoughts on this?

And on a side note, from the mouth of Jesus:

Matthew 15
14 Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

And from the mouth of Paul:

2 Corinthians 5
7 For we live by faith, not by sight.

These two verses are incompatible. Those who do not walk by sight are blind. Think about that.

edit on 15-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Haha, this is where the wise man laughs. "Those who do not walk by sight do see."
edit on 15-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Matthew 7
14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

The thing is, 'small' seems stupid, 'narrow' seems stupid. And only a few find it, because it is so big you fail to see it.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Okay, you're not making any sense. Narrow does not mean wide and I am not deceived by the word "set-up". Pretty weak argument so far.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

A difficult question here: do you consider yourself one who passed the small gate?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Not difficult at all, I believe I have just as I'm sure you believe you have.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Jesus died on the cross also for those crucifying Him that never turned to Him after what they did.

I asked about "God", not Jesus. Big difference.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Jesus is God; God is Jesus www.abovetopsecret.com...

To you it is a difference, not to me.
edit on 023131p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

If the Son is god then whoever attains the holy spirit is god are they not? According to the Trinity, the holy spirit is god, meaning whoever has it is also god. Would you agree with that?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Jesus is the One who gives the Holy Spirit.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I understand that (I disagree though), but him giving you the holy spirit means you are god right? The Trinity says that the holy spirit is god, so if you receive it you become god.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

No. God becomes you. God is the rock, but the rock is not God; God emanates all things but all things do not emanate God.
edit on 063131p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So you are god? If god becomes you then that means you are no longer you, but god.

If god is a rock, that means the rock is god. Same with a person.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

No I explained why that cannot be.

If the Holy Spirit were to work through us, it would be God working through us and not us being God. We are not God and cannot do the things that God does.

Without God I can do nothing, but with God I can do everything, but that does not make me God because without God I would be nothing.

"Can you add a single hair to your head"?

Basically this. God is with all people, but all people do not understand God, nor have the understanding, omnipotence, or dominion of God. We can only receive what we are given from God and He can just as easily take it away, you are not God because you could not stop Him.

"Do not think that you are saved just because you have seen Heaven".

Supernatural gifts mean a big responsibility. A rock that is brought up a mountain can tumble back down, and it will do so even faster than it came up.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Yet you believe that another man, Jesus, didn't have god working through him, but WAS him. How can you be so sure god didn't work through Jesus like he works through you?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Because it is Jesus Who works through me.

Jesus is God.

Try calling upon Jesus, He will be there.

He is the companion of the soul. He is the bride's Bridegroom.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

But how do you know god wasn't working through Jesus? You failed to answer the question. Jesus never said he was god, in fact he said that god was greater than he.

John 14
28 "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Also notice how he doesn't say "my" father, but "the" father, giving the statement a broader context than just himself.

edit on 15-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join