It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The narrow path

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Within what? If he wasn't talking about within your"self" then what was he talking about? The only reasonable conclusion is that he meant within self. And who is to say that your self is separate from the all? It is a part of the all is it not?

I do not disagree with him here at all. If the one who made the within also made that which is without, that means that everything is One in my opinion. I see no contradiction personally.
edit on 15-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I mean equal with him in every way. I personally do not believe he died for our sins, that leaves a scapegoat for us to do whatever we want without repercussions. We see where that has gotten us so far.

He taught about the Law of love, not his dying on the cross. He was no different from you or me other than the uncommon wisdom that he possessed.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

the Selfless is the narrow path... and its not an easy path my friend

If being selfless is not easy then why did Jesus say this:

Matthew 11
30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Being selfless is very easy, all you have to do is try.

Unfortunately, most people are focused more on material wealth than selflessness, which is why we're in this situation now. Most people do not try, not that they mean to not try, but the world around them conditions them not to.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You fail to separate the wheat from the chaff and the wheat from the tares. ALL organized Christianity is false. Look at the pagan symbols in and on the churches. They cross is a symbol of satan. The pyramid and eye can be found in many churches and or on their literature. Most people are blind to the fact that their pastor is a masonic fraud or a new age huckster.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

The narrow path refers to the path that most of Churchianity has missed.

Satan is not dumb. He figured out centuries ago that the best way to defeat Christianity was to co-opt it. But he really has not stolen away anything that belonged to Christ. Christ's sheep know his voice. And we are not fooled.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

If being selfless is not easy then why did Jesus say this:

Matthew 11
30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Love is easy for people that know what love is... and love is Selflessness defined

How much love do you see in this world?

Being selfless is very easy, all you have to do is try.

If I were Jesus I would say, then GO and do like wise...

Unfortunately, most people are focused more on material wealth than selflessness, which is why we're in this situation now. Most people do not try, not that they mean to not try, but the world around them conditions them not to.

So you see the "narrow" path... and why it is narrow...

I even wrote a Story about it...

er... a theory...

Maybe its a poem...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The kingdom of God is within, but the way to reach this kingdom is through a very narrow path, which I believe is the third eye or crown chakra. (If thine eye be single..)

It is extremely difficult to pass through this third eye. One first needs to let go of all of the attachments in this world, and merge with the Word or Sound Current within, which will enable the soul or spirit to enter the heavens within God's realm.

This is basically what all the mystics have taught throughout the ages, and I believe this was also what Jesus taught, but the esoteric meaning of his teachings were lost somewhere along the way, though clues still remain here and there.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nobeattles

I agree with you here. Most who follow Christ do not follow him at all, they follow the hijacked version of Jesus.

If anything, they focus more on Paul's (antichrist) message than Jesus'.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This post reminded me of one of my favorite songs, by Bob Marley.

Where is the love to be found? Within, not without. The world around us mostly looks without for wealth instead of within.

It may be a little late, but I enjoyed your "poem" so I shot you a S&F.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

its a Soliloquy... lol

I think...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sounds good to me.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Many profess to be Christians, but if you take all Christians on Earth, and then exclude Mormons, Jehovas Witnesses, and anybody else rejecting the basic fundamentals of Christianity, and then exclude saint worshiping Roman Catholics, and then exclude "Christians in name only"... well... not very many people will be left after it's all said and done.

Christianity is the narrow path.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well, first of all, Paul is the opposite of Jesus. Second of all, the vast majority of Christians don't know the first thing about being a good person according to God... but a few do. The rest use religion as a shield to let them do as they please.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

How can Christians believe that Christianity is the "narrow path" even though it is the largest religion in the world? Jesus said that only a "few" people would find the narrow path, yet the religion he supposedly set up has become the largest path in the world and is steadily growing larger and larger by the day and has been for 2,000 years.

The road is narrow but with a lot of forks in the road that leads one astray, like a tree that grows, the trunk and it's roots run deep. all along the the trunk branches grow out but are not as strong as the trunk and the branches are short and one falls off the short branch, that's why the other road is so wide.

I have friends who say they are Christians but have never opened the book and these people like to post bible verses on Facebook,many are like this and most likely to be deceived.

If Jesus was god and god knows everything infinitely beforehand, then why would he say that only a few would find this path when he knew that billions would end up finding it in the end? I don't know about you guys, but "billions" and "few" are not compatible, they are total opposites actually.

People who don't believe have listeners as well and they will tend to preach against this because it's a hard life, They want all the things they delight in to be with them forever. The knowing of everything before hand is an argument many use because if he is God and loving why would he do this?.

It's never been about knowing before hand but getting back to him and many argue why don't he make a place where nobody dies, he did but like always we listen to others rather than God.

This set-up that god has put into place has another problem. If god truly wanted everyone to be saved, then why would he intentionally make it to where only a "few" would find it? As I said before, god knows everything in advance, so him setting up a path that only a "few" would find goes against the common Christian belief that he wants everyone to be saved.

No sin can enter heaven because of the fall of Satan who was filled with pride and envy and jealousy and because Satan had no tempter he can never be redeemed. We can be forgiven but many will think they are doing good but in reality they have been deceived.

Why condemn billions of people throughout history to hell if you truly want them in heaven? Why make the path narrow when he could have made it wide enough to let everyone through? If god knows everything in advance, then it goes to reason that he intentionally condemned those people, because he knew that only a "few" would find it beforehand.

Again no sin can enter heaven and he is not going to let that happen again and cause many of his creations betray him and that's why he sent his son to deliver the message of the true path one must take.

Do many of our leaders follow the steps Jesus spoke of and do many Christians follow what Christ said?

this is a prophecy by Kevin Barrett and it's just a snippet.

Oh, My dear little ones, can you not perceive My heart crying out to you all to repent? It is not My desire to bring judgment. For I desire mercy over judgment. But it is because of your wicked ways that I must do this thing. For does not My word say that if those who are called by My name would humbles themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I shall heal their land? Oh yes, many of you pray for Me to heal and protect your land. But where is your repentance? Where is your turning from your wicked ways? Many of My people are no different from those of the world. And for this reason, I shall judge ALL the land and begin with My house.
Oh yes, you have heard Me right. I shall judge MY people even more harshly than those of the world. For you, My little ones, know the truth, though many of you deny My holiness for yourselves and those around you. Oh you wicked and perverse generation. Do you not discern the times that you live in? It is now time that I shall fulfill My word. And I now declare that I shall come down as a consuming fire. And who of you can stand in this day of My coming?
Oh, but many of you have said in your heart that you shall be raptured at My coming. Oh foolish ones, have you not read My word? I never said I was going to take you out of the earth. When I do come in physical form for all to see, it shall NOT be pleasant for those on the earth that have not been cleansed by My fires of purification. For I will gather those left on the earth that have made themselves pure through the fires of My tribulation upon the earth. And then a fiery destruction for all those that are not joined with Me.
Those of you that think that you are My bride and yet do not reflect My holiness are fools of your own choosing. For My bride shall be spotless and without ANY blemish of man’s stench of flesh. You who think that I will take you as My bride while you are but flesh are foolish and do not have the truth of My word. For My word declares that what is corruptible shall NOT inherit the incorruptible. Oh you are foolish ones to believe anything contrary to this truth.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

But most if not all Christians believe that Jesus died for their sins then rose from the dead. What's more fundamental than that? I think your answer is a cop-out personally. No offense, but who's to say you are one of these select few that follow the true path? If other Christians can be left out then so can you.

If we're talking about Jesus' message then you must give everything you own away, drop materialism, love everyone equally, not go to church and pray in front of hundreds of other people, etc. Can you truly say you do all of those things? If you go to church, you have already broken one of Jesus' sayings and are considered to be a hypocrite by his own words.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Many profess to be Christians, but if you take all Christians on Earth, and then exclude Mormons, Jehovas Witnesses, and anybody else rejecting the basic fundamentals of Christianity, and then exclude saint worshiping Roman Catholics, and then exclude "Christians in name only"... well... not very many people will be left after it's all said and done.

Christianity is the narrow path.

As a catholic I find your term "saint worshiping Roman Catholics" to be a judgement of extreme ignorance.

Also, how do you know that people of any of the religions you bash are not true Christians? A Christian is any man of goodwill and virtue.

Take the time to think this "does God love me anymore than He loves anyone else?"

God loves the least of all men, more than the greatest. Judas was the most loved apostle of Jesus. Why? because he needed the most love.

If one lamb strays from the other 99, all of God's compassion becomes focused on that one sheep.
edit on 113131p://333 by backcase because: punctuation

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Nevermind. Somebody on this board have already explained real experiance out loud for all to see. We are really living in the revelation part of human history.

edit on 15-5-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why do we want to be perfect? In my humble opinion, the imperfect are the truly strong, for they have the strength to find happiness even when the odds are stacked against them. Those who are perfect will not find happiness as they have not earned it.
edit on 15-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

As a catholic I find your term "saint worshiping Roman Catholics" to be a judgement of extreme ignorance.

Also, how do you know that people of any of the religions you bash are not true Christians? A Christian is any man of goodwill and virtue.

I find these two sentiments to be highly contradictory. Men of good will and virtue existed long before any Christian walked the Earth. Just because the Christian faith suppressed our awareness of the cultures from which it borrowed its virtues, does not mean Christianity owns those virtues.

Jesus is not necessary for a man to possess the compassion and empathy that engender the morals we are familiar with today.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You're going to have a hard time convincing him Jesus isn't the end-all be-all on everything. He's already made his choice, however close-minded it may be.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Any man of good will and virtue is a Christian in spirit.

I meant it spiritually, not materially.

You might think that Jesus is not necessary, but in truth it is His Spirit in any good action or thought.
edit on 123131p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join