It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Donald Rumsfeld Quote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Just found it.

"[Not Identified]Q: Before you came back to the Pentagon, you were very involved in a project called the Space Commission report. I was wondering about your insights in terms of how it's being implemented. Are you thinking about perhaps having a Space Commission continuation? What are your observations, sir?

[Secretary of Defense Donald] Rumsfeld: I haven't given any thought to having another Space Commission, and I feel I'm pretty busy right now. (Laughter.) But we felt good about that commission. There were a lot of very talented people on it, and they produced a report which I believe, Doc, it's safe to say we implemented something like eight- or nine-tenths of it, didn't we?

[4-star General and current Council on Foreign Relations member, Robert "Doc"] Foglesong: Yes, sir. Almost all of it was implemented.

Rumsfeld: And the feeling is that the implementation of those recommendations have been beneficial. Are you involved in the space business? How do you feel? Have we moved the ball down the field?

Q: Sir, I think we've got about 80 percent solution, but we've still got more room to move in terms of -- (inaudible) -- sir.

Rumsfeld: Well, you know, now we have someone who technically has that subject, and maybe we ought to think about taking a look at where we are -- and it's been a couple of years -- and give some thought to whether or not we've learned enough that we can make some more progress and finish the 20 percent, although it is a moving target.

Doc?

Foglesong: We always agreed that we'd circle back; there'd be a period of time here that we'd want to come back with you, as a matter of fact, and circle back on what we have implemented to make sure we get it right. And so it's probably time to circle back and make sure we've implemented the things that we said we wanted to do. And there are a couple of statutory issues that we still have to address as well."

www.defense.gov...
edit on 15-5-2013 by SomeoneWatching because: forgot link

edit on 15-5-2013 by SomeoneWatching because: i give up

Mod Note: Please do not simply copy and paste material from other sites. Copy only the first paragraph AND give your take/opinion on the piece. Please review this thread
edit on 15-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: Left note

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
He is talking about the goals being a moving target, saying it may change.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SomeoneWatching

Hes definitely said some interesting things over the years.

Though not UFO related. When asked about 9/11:

... and the missile to damage this building and similar (inaudible) that damaged the World Trade Center.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Perhaps you would care to enlighten us as to what you seem to think the gentlemen were discussing.
--They were talking in code?

I looked at the transcript and found even less thrills there than what you have presented.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Here's a link for the space commission report.

www.dod.mil...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'll elaborate.

I think that Donald Rumsfeld was aware of 9/11. When you're aware of such a huge event, you can capitalize on it. The aftermath of 9/11 established the Terror War Matrix, essentially shifting the military towards a new era of pinpointing small organizations and individuals. This is done through intensive - and some still unknown - types of surveillance, and new capabilities such as drones and extraordinary renditions. Only now, more than a decade later, we're being told what were the new secret powers built on the aftermath of 9/11. PBS has done some extensive reporting on this particular issue.

However, even as far back as the week after 9/11, Rumsfeld was already talking openly about the transformation of the US Military. The Transformation was a plan that was catalyzed by 9/11. It's a new mindset for the military, looking forward to what the world might look like in 20, 30 years and beyond. It foresees global integration, the importance of cyberspace, but little is said about Space. This is all playing out "as planned", and we're watching how cyberspace has become a different field from let's say, 10 years ago. Now we absolutely know that there's an active effort by the Military to get a grasp around the Internet.

Then comes this quote. That's 2003. What this quote tells me is that Rumsfeld was closely watching developments in Space technology and military capability in that area. So, if he was doing all these covert actions on Earth's surface, building the Terror War Matrix, what was he doing up in space? And what's the 20% that hasn't been put in place (by 2003) about?

These are the recommendations (from the document, ty DaRage):

• Improved space situational awareness and attack warning capabilities.
• Enhanced protection/defensive measures, prevention and negation systems and rapid long-range power projection capabilities.
• Modernized launch capabilities.
• A more robust science and technology program for developing and deploying space-based radar, space-based laser, hyper-spectral sensors and reusable launch vehicle technology.

I think there's a hint there about weaponizing space. So my theory is that Rumsfeld used the 9/11 events to advance two agendas: new capabilities of the Military to act inside any country, a true global possibility of seizing persons and affecting organizations it deems a threat to "National Security" (which is not really national, but global); and a new effort towards weaponizing space, the Strategic Defense Initiative 2.0. I was only thinking about the War on Terror issue before seeing this quote...
edit on 15-5-2013 by SomeoneWatching because: re-re-read, clarification

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Star and flag for your elaboration. That's more like a first or second post on a thread. Now you've got it!
edit on 15-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I agree with SomeoneWatching's analysis, except he missed one thing: the unfathomable depths of putrid corporate corruption. All of this useless police state fascism helps make the low level to mid-level organizational goons like Rumsfeld very rich. More to the point it also directs trillions of dollars to outright state-sponsored murderers like Lockheed Martin, Halliburton, etc. They are all criminally culpable mafias that have subverted the political process, bought off politicians, and wage war freely around most of the globe, bombing and killing with their flying robots and making US citizens pay taxes to support their crimes.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomeoneWatching
....These are the recommendations (from the document, ty DaRage):

• Enhanced protection/defensive measures, prevention and negation systems and rapid long-range power projection capabilities.
• A more robust science and technology program for developing and deploying space-based radar, space-based laser, hyper-spectral sensors and reusable launch vehicle technology....

Considering ICBMs (inter-continental ballistic missiles) go into space and come down again, I'm almost positive the protection/detection they are talking about is for ICBMs. The same goes for the space-based radar, laser, and sensors.

A space-based defense system (to defend against a nuclear missile attack) has been discussed for decades.

edit on 5/15/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by SomeoneWatching
....These are the recommendations (from the document, ty DaRage):

• A more robust science and technology program for developing and deploying space-based radar, space-based laser, hyper-spectral sensors and reusable launch vehicle technology....

Considering ICBMs (inter-continental ballistic missiles) go into space and come down again, I'm almost positive the protection/detection they are talking about is for ICBMs. The same goes for the space-based radar, laser, and sensors.

A space-based defense system (to defend against a nuclear missile attack) has been discussed for decades.

edit on 5/15/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Yes it is called Star Wars and Ronald Regan announced it in the early 1980s. I remember watching that at the time and remember going to bed terrified as I thought this would start WW3. I was very young at the time but old enough to know one does not poke the Russian Bear. However I also felt there was a double purpose to this, in that the Star Wars project was aimed at other worldly uninvited guests as well and that the Russians knew about this. I bet the programme has come on leaps and bounds by now. I hope we never get to know by how far!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
I agree with SomeoneWatching's analysis, except he missed one thing: the unfathomable depths of putrid corporate corruption. All of this useless police state fascism helps make the low level to mid-level organizational goons like Rumsfeld very rich. More to the point it also directs trillions of dollars to outright state-sponsored murderers like Lockheed Martin, Halliburton, etc. They are all criminally culpable mafias that have subverted the political process, bought off politicians, and wage war freely around most of the globe, bombing and killing with their flying robots and making US citizens pay taxes to support their crimes.

Quite so. There were warnings about the Industrial-Military complex, I think it was Eishenhower who stared into the looking glass and voiced his concerns. Rumsfeld is in it up to his neck in the Complex. He is one very corrupt and shady character. Makes Nixon look like a novice crook! Not only that but Watergate pales into comparison. I do feel that the Complex is the main reason why Disclosure has not taken place. Religion and the population not being ready are just smoke screen excuses to keep the secrets hidden from the world.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, you see, OP...We have the known knowns. Then we have the unknown knowns. We also have the unknown unknowns....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Well I don't think 9/11 was planned but the Bush administration, particularly Rumsfeld and Cheney milked it for all it was worth.

Since they were two of the closest advisors to Bush and since we know that Bush basically only made decisions, no strategy, its seems apparent that issues like the creation of the DHS and the Patriot Act were easily able to be put in motion.

As for changing the strategy of the military, well that could have happened at anytime, many analysts had been saying for years that it was time to change it so that's not really an issue.

I'm not aware of any massive weaponization of space but that doesn't mean it isn't happening but here again, 9/11 would be irrelevant if they are doing it in private.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Way to mislead....

They [find a lot] and any number of terrorist efforts have been dissuaded, deterred or stopped by good intelligence gathering and good preventive work. It is a truth that a terrorist can attack any time, any place, using any technique and it's physically impossible to defend at every time and every place against every conceivable technique. Here we're talking about plastic knives and using an American Airlines flight filed with our citizens, and the missile to damage this building and similar (inaudible) that damaged the World Trade Center. The only way to deal with this problem is by taking the battle to the terrorists, wherever they are, and dealing with them.

He is referring to the plane being used as a missile.. Can we get back to the Space topic now?
edit on 15-5-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

This goes back to the WW2 timeframe. America ramped up production for the military effort and didn't stop. The Pentagon itself turned to propaganda to keep the American public and the politicians "aware" of the threats the nation potentially faced (most were largely exaggerated). There's a book called Pentagon Politics which describes this period.

Rumsfeld, however, is more sinister. On September 10th, 2001, he delivered a speech at the DOD Acquisition and Logistics Excellence Week Kickoff, which he said:

The adversary's closer to home. It's the Pentagon bureaucracy.
(...)
Some might ask, how in the world could the Secretary of Defense attack the Pentagon in front of its people? To them I reply, I have no desire to attack the Pentagon; I want to liberate it. We need to save it from itself.

www.defense.gov...

Basically he wanted to turn the Pentagon into a 21st century company. He used the 9/11 attacks to catalyze that, to shock a stagnate, bloated and lazy Pentagon into action. I think he largely succeeded; the last time people were amazed by military technology was when the SR-71 and the B-2 were unveiled. Now, the drone fleet is running circles around any other air force in the world.

But this came with a hefty bill. It obliterated anything resembling a democratic process. It was built on fear, and on a lie - that 19 barely trained hijackers took down the World Trade Center 1, 2 and 7, and hit the most guarded building in US aerospace. American Top Secret work is now a full-fledged business which involves thousands of companies. Privatizing parts of the Pentagon is also something Rumsfeld addressed on September 10th 2001.

It's right in front of our eyes, really. America has been in a State of Emergency since September 14th 2001. The Continuity of Government plans stopped being plans, and went into action at around 9am September 11th. We don't know how far it went. 9/11 was used to force a lot of controversial measures into the system itself; now the US is in a very tough position because all those covert, top secret workings are coming out. I think that's why many people feel like there's another False Flag coming. It's not "Obama's scandals" which are the problem. The problem is people questioning 9/11; people questioning the War on Terror; questioning the Boston Bombings.

Back to the topic.

If Rumsfeld somehow got a hold of the secret work being done on the Extraterrestrial Issue, it makes a lot of sense that he built the systems to deal with that issue in the open, in the future. So, something might happen in the future that was really put in place right after 9/11, but it's going to show up as a big surprise for the government, especially if it happens while Obama or some other Democrat is the President.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Well I don't think 9/11 was planned

Do you think that WTC 1, 2 and 7 fell because of the two airplanes' impact?

I don't think so. I think they were demolished and that takes months to plan. 9/11 was a mind-bending attack, it was nearly perfectly crafted.

I mean, they actually found the intact passports of the hijackers in the midst of thousands of tons of rubble. It's like Lee Harvey Oswald's magic, intact bullet.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Blamo... it doesn't get any clearer than that. I really wish; that everyone huffing and puffing towing party lines could drop that nonsense for a minute, take a breather... then maybe they could see the same thing... it has been my sincere hope for nearly 2 decades that the majority wakes up to the truth of it as yourself and others scattered out there some where have... there are so few and far between of people of like mind seeing it all so clearly... that it can get to feeling as a long desolate road' with no end in sight for the overwhelming and blatant political corruption that goes on business as usual where few blink and wake up to see the madness clearly.

I suddenly see a small spec of hope that truth is spreading, where it was once just a void of mindless drones towing party lines happy to eat the lies being constantly fed to them from ll sides.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I personally don't think 9/11 was an inside job, I really think the corrupt were were very happy with it happening though, and there was absolutely, no way they were going to let an opportunity such as 9/11 happening to push their agenda's forward be passed up.

Just like other "national tragedy events" are seized upon to push their legislation agendas. Like the call for gun grabbing after Sandy Hook... they are very happy to strike while the iron is hot, and that's all 9/11 was too... an opportunity that was not passed up to be able to enact a slowly moving agenda forward at a neck breaking pace, without much resistance... dessert sounds really good until you've had an appetizer and a main course. So since the average American is pretty full agenda pushing from these events since... has not been the whipped cream and cherry agenda pushers had hoped they would be and not enough to entice citizens to make room for more concessions of freedom for the idea of safety.

So the bright side of all of this is more people are growing really really tired, of big brother throwing their weight around acting like a parent and world police and are taking that frustration to the polls and actually changing polices and trying to remove the nonsense that crept in while everyone was sleeping. The agendas are becoming so disparate between the government and it's citizens... more are starting to see that they aren't really working for us at all but the corporate agenda that pads their pockets.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Did you know that Donald Rumsfeld, while serving as a U.S. Congressman from Illinois, was part of the Committee on Science and Astronautics that held hearings on unidentified flying objects in 1968?

He doesn't speak much during the proceedings, but you can read a transcript of the entire symposium here.

For those who haven't read it yet, you should. Here's the lineup:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join