It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sylvia Brown told Amanda Berry and Shawn Hornbeck's parents they were dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hello

Dang this is just wrong, psychic Sylvia Brown went on the Montel Williams show a year after Amanda Berry disappeared and told Louwanna Miller[ Amanda Berry's mom] that her daughter was dead.

She's not alive, honey," Browne told Miller on the show, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper. "Your daughter's not the kind who wouldn't call." Miller told the newspaper that she believed "98 percent" in what Browne told her. Miller died a year later from heart failure

www.cleveland.com...

Sylvia Brown is a con artist and I dont know how anyone believes anything these so called psychics have to say

If that is not bad enough the dumb b!@#@ also told the parents of Shawn Hornbeck that he was taken by a hispanic man with long dreadlocks that was "basketball player" tall, driving a blue chevy sedan, and could be found in the woods 20 miles SW of their hometown. DEAD.

She is telling these people to give up on their children while their children are probably watching from captivity saying noooooo mom I'm not dead please dont give up

What a joke

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The problem with Silvia Brown is that she says these things like it's a fact. She should ALWAYS start with a big disclaimer warning people not to take these things to heart. Better yet, don't pronounce people dead until you see their lifeless bodies in front of you.

Do I believe that some people have special abilities to look through time or sense something real? Yes. Do I believe every psychic who proclaims to be one is psychic? No. Can a real "psychic" be wrong? absolutely. I personally have experienced countless psychic moments that can't be explained by coincidence, but it's not something I can control at all. When I do get premonitions, I can sort of tell that there was something different (more real) about a voice I heard telling me something vs. my own inner voice. Problem is that it's so hard to tell those two voices apart most times that it pretty much renders the ability useless as far as I can tell. I imagine that the real psychics learn to distinguish that voice, but also may at times confuse it with their own inner voice....therefore spreading false information. I say that if you're not 100% sure (and even if you think you are!) most times it's best you keep your mouth shut, especially if it means you make people lose all hope.

Sylvia (even if she does have the ability) is a scam artist simply because she deceives people into believing her B.S. She gives no disclaimer and says things as if they were 100% true when they later turned out to be very false. This is one of the worst case scenarios.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

*Sigh*

That's a travesty...she should have her PsyCard revoked.

Wish I could do half the stuff in the old AD&D Psionics Handbook to her as punishment for guessing, or improv-ing her way through a tv appearance, and hurting those nice people like that!

I call Shenanagans!!!
edit on 15-5-2013 by EzekielsWheel because: to add

edit on 15-5-2013 by EzekielsWheel because: grammar an' junk

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EzekielsWheel

Wish I could do half the stuff in the old AD&D Psionics Handbook to her as punishment for guessing

Cause Decay
Power Score: Con -2
Initial Cost: 4
Maintenance Cost: na
Range: touch
Preparation Time: 0
Area of Effect: 60 lbs.
Prerequisite: none
This power works only against inanimate objects. The psionicist's touch
causes instant decay: metal rusts, wood ages and splits, cloth falls to dust.
The DM rolls a saving throw vs. acid for the item touched. If this fails, the
item - or a maximum of 60 pounds of it - is consumed by decay within one round.
Power Score
- The save automatically fails.
- One of the psionicist's own items decays (no save) - either the first
item touched, or an item chosen randomly by the DM

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I really hope this ends her career.

She's useless as horns on an chicken.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I had this discussion with a co worker of mine yesterday.

Sylvia Brown is a very good psychic, but no one can be right all of the time.
I think sometimes psychics feel pressured to say something even when they get nothing, and that creates problems like this.

However, that is just my own guess.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
She's said a lot of things through the years that weren't true.
The fate of certain coal miners comes to mind.
And she said that Bill Bradley would be POTUS. etc etc

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah, her track record isn't very good. I bet on a one to one scale with people, she does very well.
I doubt she would be as popular as she is if she was a total fraud. ESP is an elusive ability.

Ok, that's about all I have to say..lol

Peace out!

Oh wait, I might add, I am not a Sylvia fan.

I have tons of her books I never read, they just sit on my shelf. Picked them up at goodwill for a quarter a piece. I just like to have a lot of books on the subject in case I need to look something up for myself. I don't think I have ever read any of them though...*ponder* I wonder why?

edit on 15-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's hard for me to believe is someone who charges $800 dollars a reading. It would seem to me, that if a person was given a "gift" they should use that gift to help others, not for profit. And definitely not for riches and fame.

Don't get me wrong, i believe a person should be compensated for their time, but $800 dollars for a reading is not just compensation.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

I understand that.

I bet she has a long waiting list too.

The one well known psychic that I know also charges a huge amount. Seems when you hit that level of recognition... Well I dunno....that is just a lot of money!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I wonder if she (Sylvia) will eventually comment somewhere about her being wrong in both these cases.
Am curious.

I hope she does try to explain it.

Honesty is so important when it comes to spirit matters.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well, good luck to people who listen to her. She is a god person & means well,but her abilities are not in the high marks. I've never been a strong aficionado that merits to much inconsistencies. Sylvia Brown & John Edwards are pararllel,in the same area of expertise that is difficult for precision.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Whaaaat? Someone claiming to be a psychic is full of #?

No way!

This old hag eh? I guess that's why she never took that million dollar challenge eh?

Just sad how many people ate up her crap, one of my grandmothers was one thinking she was real, I remember being a kid and seeing her on Oprah and saying she bsing ppl.

I wonder how many ill-gotten millions she has.

The Art of BSing
edit on 15-5-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was wrong about the prices. Its $850 for a phone reading!!!
And $500 a reading for her son to do the reading.

The length of time for your reading varies with each individual depending on your questions to a maximum of 30 minutes. Most readings average between 20 to 30 minutes.

Source
edit on 5/15/2013 by Mythos13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think i am about to change careers! I have a magic 8 ball, and a phone. I undercut the Brownes and charge $450 for 30 minutes!

Magic 8 ball is this a good idea? Very Doubtful

Oh well.....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry double post, internet is acting up.

Mods feel free to delete this post.

Thank you
edit on 5/15/2013 by Mythos13 because: double post

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I cant speak for what this psychic saw or even if she saw anything and was just guessing, im not claiming im psychic im more sensitive and i cant seem to be able to see things on demand, it just kind of pops up at any given time.

ive learnt my lesson about saying what i see, i was reading a thread here along time ago about a missing girl, as i was reading all of a sudden i saw a young woman walking past a shop window, I saw what she was wearing and who she was talking to,
then the scene changed and then i saw two women tied up and crying beaten to submission and scared, they were on the lower level of a fancy rich white yacht, the next scene i saw one of the women with black writing like ink all over her hands, she was walking with a limp and looking after children.

now silly me replied what i saw while reading that thread, i shouldn't have done that because i had no names to go with the girls that i saw. maybe it was the missing girl, but maybe it was somebody else at a different time or different place.

just the other night i had a random scene pop up, a taxi had pulled up at an intersection, it was the suburbs, i could see the houses, a young woman with brown hair, tied up in a ponytail got out, she had nothing in her hands, she wasn't carrying anything, she was wearing a green jumper, black tight pants.

now why did i see this, i have no idea i watched her walk across the road and that's all i saw. is this girl missing? is this girl hurt? i have no idea i wish i did, but yeah ive learnt my lesson about stating who i saw when really i dont know who it is.

im pretty sure their are psychics out there who are genuine, i class myself as an amateur who gets random visions, imagine what information others may get.

Love and harmony
Whateva

edit on 15/5/13 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

She's as phony as a one-dollar bill.

A family member saw her at an event, and actually paid $100 for the privilage of attending it. Said that Brown would be very John Edward-like in saying things like "Does anyone here know a Bob?" - and when the old women would say "My husband's name was Bob" she'd say "He's standing right behind you." Right, like Bob's got nothing else to do than hang out with his crying widow when there're all those dead models and starlets prancing around the afterlife.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
She's been banned from Coast To Coast AM since 2006.

That's gotta say something.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Junkheap because: The reason is... look behind you.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I heard about this and felt so bad for the families.
I went to see her one time, half believing in her. The two friends I went with were big fans.
Amazingly, after listening to her, in person, for two hours, all three of us were in complete agreement.
Would never listen to anything she ever said again.
And live in person, she seems about as friendly as a honey badger.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join