It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sister actually thinks humans aren't mammals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Her her sake don't mention the platypus. That'll really strip her gears.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

As for us being mere animals, sorry that shoe doesn't fit

So what are we? Vegetables / Plants? Rocks? Gases?

We breath air, drink water, have blood....we are animals. We may think we are cleverer than everything else on the planet, but given the short time we humans have been here, i doubt it. There is more to intelligence than exploiting and killing everything...and designing things to make it easier to exploit and kill.

We are mere animals that, some will say are more intelligent than other species. We will be the ones to destroy the planet...how intelligent is that? 100k years on this rock and at any moment could wipe out everything with a few pushes of some buttons.

Mere animals have survived for hundreds of millions of years in some cases, i doubt we will make 200k.

Shiny objects that serve no real purpose arent the be all and end all. That phone you have, im sure you could live without it, same as the tv and car. We are a disgusting blemish on this beautiful planet. Humankind is not intelligent at all really.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

I think she was just making fun of you.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

Don't feel too bad there, OP. My college recently had to make major policy and course changes to reflect a new reality. Some High School graduates are flat out, no nice way to put this, too damn dumb to be in college.

Not even their fault, for the most part, as they did "graduate" and have a paper to prove it. That doesn't mean squat though when even 040 (base level remedial) English and Reading Comprehension come to be classes the poor people fail at...not once, but multiple times.

So it's been with regret that my school has determined that a cut off score was needed. Below a certain point on placement? They have a new program..100% removed from the paying and credit section of the campus, to assist with "Adult Education". In there, is where single digit division and multiplication is taught from the bottom up. Reading starts back with Dick and Jane books...and I wish I were kidding.

That is what the high schools issue Diplomas to...and it is infuriating. No wonder we're fast becoming the laughing stock of the planet on what we so gleefully call "educated". Much of the rest of the world calls it "pathetic".

edit on 15-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: ..and I'm real lucky typing accuracy isn't judged by placement score.. lol

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Men have nipples....and just look at our fingernails (that used to be claws). How about our vestigial tail at birth? One of the best examples is the vestigial leg bones in whales. That one always threw me (Google it).

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
is she at least hot?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Religious, I assume?
A part of automatically shying away from the concept of evolution is ego, I think. They simply wouldn't be special unless the human species was always one of a kind. Of course, eel-like animals being our great grandparents times a billion would be way too dire a notion to accept.

Hehe... you should play with her a little. Print out a picture of our earliest vertebrate ancestors (looks like a swimming spine, basically) and show it to her, saying, 'Say hello to Granddaddy!"

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well damn.. all those years nursing four kids and I'm not a mammal? Boy do I feel stupid now.. I actually have heard someone else make the same claim, but I dismissed it because they were an ignorant religious nut job whom couldn't be taken seriously.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by abeverage

Men have nipples....and just look at our fingernails (that used to be claws). How about our vestigial tail at birth? One of the best examples is the vestigial leg bones in whales. That one always threw me (Google it).

After Night Crawler of the X-men I always thought a prehensile tail would be handy and maybe look cool!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I had a husky. He sang. Wow ow ow. It was the same tune all the time but it was melodic. He also made a noise that sounded like I love you. I have a cat that says "me now" when she wants food and bruup when she wants to play. I asked her once where her little toy was and I swear she made a sound that sounded like "I dont know" ( only kitty sounding if you can imagine) I pretended like she was talking and said well go find it. She did. ( siamese very smart and cute I have to add)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
is she at least hot?

Why? Is hot and stupid ok where plain old stupid is not?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Me too. I guess we were just lucky that the kids didnt starve to death until they were old enough to get solid food. They must have fallen asleep due to exhaustion rather than being satiated after 45 minutes of sucking.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by MaMaa

Me too. I guess we were just lucky that the kids didnt starve to death until they were old enough to get solid food. They must have fallen asleep due to exhaustion rather than being satiated after 45 minutes of sucking.

LOL No kidding! Actually it's because they have names.. I joke with my kids that once we name a chicken (we have 10) that you can't eat them. And that's why I named my children...
Nothing to do with being a mammal and nursing. LOL

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join