It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey terminates decades of IMF debt, officials say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iBallinU

Because there are certain wealthy elite globalists who are benefiting from all this illegal immigration, one way or another.

You think slavery was ended?
Take a look around you...it's very much alive, just in a modern form, with different names and labels.

Yep.Here in the US we complain about all the "illegals" but we're happy to hire them for next to nothing to pick our crops, clean hotel rooms, wash our cars and mow our lawns.

Hypotwits are we. Which is more immoral, "Illegal" "Aliens", or their exploitation?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Bitch about fiat currency all you want (I personally don't like it) but at the end of the day it does represent something, because it's the worldwide standard. Simple as that.

It also represents peoples willingness to accept it.

If you are happy taking $$'s, UKL's, E's or whatever for your pay, for your produce or your manufacture, and to honestly offer them to your fellows knowingthey will also accept htem, then you are what is backing it.

and the ultimate backing for them is the production of the ountry that issues them - their need to be paid in their own currency means you have to buy it is you want to trade with them.

If a fiat currency is not widely accepted then it collapses - in recent times and off the top of my head hte Zimbabwe $ is the only one that has collapsed - being replaced by the US$.

For hte gold bugs out there - I've been reading about the financing of WW1 from all sides - when the US "Gold Standard" was actually about 40% of the issued currency, but Russia had to maintain about 70% - both due to the relative confidence in their currency. The UK had a completely different pholosophy to gold than other countries - they were happy to move it around between countries to "maintain" the exchange rates, whereas most wanted to accumulate it - the UK didn't need to accumulate it because London was the world's centre for financial transactions and so confidence in the Pound was high regardless.

And of course all countries printed large amounts of "Treasury bonds" or the equivalent that were not backed by gold at all - so the idea that the gold standard was a guarantor of currency was never true in the first place - the gold standard was an illusion that was a means of helping to ensure confidence in the currency - nothing more than what fiscal policies are today.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes Turkey like a boss that wants its Ottoman empire back while at the same it backs terrorists in Syria.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Who isn't backing terrorists these days in Syria? Assad, the rebels, the West, and the banksters.

At least Turkey pays off its debts, so there's that.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Who isn't backing terrorists these days in Syria? Assad, the rebels, the West, and the banksters.

If I was drinking cola I would have spit it on my screen. Beautiful response.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Yep.Here in the US we complain about all the "illegals" but we're happy to hire them for next to nothing to pick our crops, clean hotel rooms, wash our cars and mow our lawns.

Hypotwits are we. Which is more immoral, "Illegal" "Aliens", or their exploitation?

If they weren't illegal, we couldn't hire them for such a low price.

That's why the policy has always been, let them in, but threaten them with deportation, that makes them weak, and controllable.

We really do need the illegals, but we need them to be illegal.

If they become legal, then they have rights, and their price will rise.

So, although we could deport them all, we say we can't deport them all because it's impractical And we deport a few, to make the others worry. But we really don't want to deport all of that cheap labor. We just want to keep the labor cheap.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I can't help but wonder....

Turks and Greeks have been enemies since the fall of the Byzantine empire.
To this very day, there are still territorial disputes (Cyprus, Aegean Islands) and mock dog fights over the Aegean Sea as aircraft violate airspace almost daily.
As we all know, Greece is being raped economically (Cyprus soon to follow), now that Turkey is an IMF lender, could the possibility of extracting territory in exchange for debt relief from their historical adversaries be far away?

Well played Turkey, well played...
edit on 16-5-2013 by Konstantinos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
So it took 55 years to pay off the loan plus interest to the loan shark and now they have to pay protection money. Basically it never ends.

I'd have to see what is going on in detail -- but my first suspicion is you are right.

The IMF promotes austerity measures to KEEP countries in debt. It promotes the World Bank so that nations can be fleeced.

If Turkey isn't going to put the IMF in it's rear view mirror and say good riddance -- then it stands to reason they are still under thrall.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Originally posted by intrptr

If they weren't illegal, we couldn't hire them for such a low price.

That's why the policy has always been, let them in, but threaten them with deportation, that makes them weak, and controllable.

We really do need the illegals, but we need them to be illegal.

If they become legal, then they have rights, and their price will rise.

So, although we could deport them all, we say we can't deport them all because it's impractical And we deport a few, to make the others worry. But we really don't want to deport all of that cheap labor. We just want to keep the labor cheap.

Best post I've seen in a while summing up why we have an "illegal worker" problem but not an "illegal employer" problem.

Yet right now, I think the "illegal" issue is being drummed up not to lower wages -- but to allow "job hungry" Americans a place to point the finger -- AWAY from the Robber Barons. There are fewer illegals now due to a very active ICE and because America is less of a land of opportunity -- it's just not worth it to brave the jackals, immigration and desperate American workers for low pay.

There are still morons who think poor people who got high interest mortgages caused the 2008 economic collapse -- paying no attention that the Banksters made LOTS OF PROFIT on these people and then bet on very risky high interest Credit Default Swaps. No, they'd rather believe that laws that protected minorities from different rates forced banks to provide loans -- and to believe this, you have to ignore the fact that MOST of these loans were done at small mortgage lenders who were NOT covered by the red-lining laws.

Same old, same old. Get the poor to fight each other over the scraps. Racism and ignorance are very profitable.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
3 words : Private. Sector. Growth.

Nuff' said.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Except Turkey hasn't paid off all it's debts, therefore your soda spilling comment is inaccurate

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

No one said Turkey paid off all it's debt. That's just how you comprehended my post.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

No one said Turkey paid off all it's debt. That's just how you comprehended my post.

Your post implies they pay off their debts.
The truth is they are getting deeper into debt every year.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join