It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members Revisited.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am a stay at home mama with 2 little boys, who are very much boys!
I spend as much time as possible outside gardening, hiking, camping, fishing and lots of berry picking.
I grow, collect, can and preserve as much of our own food as possible for the family. Our next addition to the property is going to be our own smokehouse so I can smoke all the fish and other goodies I want.

I live in the woods. I see moose and other animals sometimes more than I see people outside of my family. That is a big reason for me finally joining up. This is the closest site to any kind of social media that I use.

I am another lover of books, but with kids there is never much time. The last book I read was "Brave New World" one day when I was sick on the couch. The only other things I did that day were feed kids and change diapers. I have also been collecting old rare books, I tell my honey that I am on a rescue mission. I have also told him that old books and plants for the garden are the best gifts.

I am in my 30's but very old fashioned. Many days I wish I could throw all of the screens out the door, but then I wouldn't get my ATS fix anymore either.

Thanks for the thread! It was wonderful getting to know everyone a bit better!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm a stay at home mom. Waiting on number 2 at the moment. Before that, I was in dog grooming, which was fun. We live in the heart of hillbilly country, and love it. When I'm not busy being mom, being addicted to the internet, cooking or the occasional video game, I like crafts...any kind, with little to no instruction. Illusion knitting, crochet, drawing, painting, writing, making duct tape anything, sewing/quilting, bows, hemp jewelry, ect. I just can't do origami, no matter how much I try. I learned how to illusion knit on my own, with nothing but google and youtube to show me how. Even made my own pattern on the second thing I ever attempted to knit (illusion or otherwise) and have made patterns of photographs even, but I simply can't origami, even if someone stands over me giving me complete instruction.
Can't wait to catch up on this thread, and find out a lil' more about fellow ATSers.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
WOW!! This is wonderful. There are so many questions I want to ask, so I will be sure to write back to those that responded, I just had to first say thank you to all that participated, and dont just stop here, be sure to ask questions or share with those you have in common with.

As of course mblah and I could probably cover 20 pages+ just with cooking

I cant say that I am a gamer in the sense that most think, but I am a huge TM (time managment) fan, have dozens of games that I play on my laptop, I think that it helps with problem solving and efficiency, and of course they are mostly cooking related

I also just started my own business selling subs, I only do three now but am hoping to widen my range over time, but its going great so far.

So again, thank you guys soooo much

Peace, NRE.
edit on 15-5-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: spelling

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well I'm from So Ca, recently moved to Portland.

Hard core computer and sci-fi ( name a sci-if book and I've read it) nerd, early adopter type first to have most gadgets.

Favorite hobby is computer building and repair, amateur inventor have three projects I'm prototyping ATM.

Been happily married to my HS sweet heart for going on 10 years.

Had some health problems the past few years so currently working outta the home on misc projects.

Also an avid Gardner, but being the techie that I am it's all hydroponics, aeroponic and currently building a fish ponic system to grow my own talapia.

Eta oh also avid pc and console gamer.
edit on 15-5-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
WOW!! This is wonderful. There are so many questions I want to ask, so I will be sure to write back to those that responded, I just had to first say thank you to all that participated, and dont just stop here, be sure to ask questions or share with those you have in common with.

As of course mblah and I could probably cover 20 pages+ just with cooking

I cant say that I am a gamer in the sense that most think, but I am a huge TM (time managment) fan, have dozens of games that I play on my laptop, I think that it helps with problem solving and efficiency, and of course they are mostly cooking related

I also just started my own business selling subs, I only do three now but am hoping to widen my range over time, but its going great so far.

So again, tahnk you guys soooo much

Peace, NRE.

Subs? Nuclear or diesel?

I live near Lake Pend Oreille (the Navy has a top secret underground sub base here... so I am told...), so if you need someone to take them for a test drive... just sayin...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

I meant sandwiches

If I made real subs (submarines) I wouldnt post it!

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Interesting to hear about people I'm fans of

I'm mostly in the shadows of ATS, I Troll Trolls and its rare that I have an opinion on something that somebody hasn't already discussed. I make odd comments to never been seen in the thread again
I don't know why I do it, maybe its because I have a problem with explaining things in such detail that many members here do(?)

I look at my past and understand that through most my teen years I was pretty much an ignorant idiot, a product of a bad environment - But that realization made me who I am today, so you got to learn to live with regrets
Another turning point in my life was when my daughter was born, settled me down allot and made me focus on the good things in life, the real important things past fast money & # that don't matter.

I find solace in reading, I was dyslexic and probably still slightly am, but my admiration for books has helped me allot. Through reading dozens of books, of which is mostly philosophy - I'v been able to look at things different & inspire others who are still in the box I chose to leave.

I'm a fitness fanatic and have been totally obsessed for the past 2 years now. I'm hoping to start college this year and try get into personal training by the time I'm 30, which is 4 years away so its a reasonable time frame if I'm able to get a job in the industry and fast track it - So fingers crossed.

Ok I'm going to stop talking about my self now, I'v never said I'm & Me so many times in a discussion :p

Oh yeah & I Love the Mrs - She defines me

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Ok I'm going to stop talking about my self now, I'v never said I'm & Me so many times in a discussion :p

Thats the point. If you have more to share please do, I am still in the process of getting ready to ask some questions, I love that everyone seems so... real.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I guess music has always been a big part of my life, I got my first set of decks when I was 16, just after I was taken to my first club by my brother. From that day I was hooked, working and spending all my money on records and nights out. So that culture made a pretty big impression on my life that still effects what I do today.

I have been ill for sometime, but volunteer at a community centre. I help run a basic music production course, to young adults, who are not in education or employment. I also helped at a youth club one evening a week until recently.

Through my illness, I have recently discovered meditation and yoga, which has opened up a whole new world for me and turned me on to some great thinkers, like Alan Watts and Jon Kabat zinn. I was referred to a Mindful Based Stress Reduction clinic at my hospital. An 8 week long course that basically taught us the practices of Zen Budhism in a secular environment.

I love travelling, my dad used to take us away all the time, he was long haul cabin crew, so got to visit some amazing places. In 2005 I went back packing with a few friends through Central America, which has been the highlight of my life so far.

I'm looking for someone with a G.S.O.H and no baggage

I know quite a few DJ's in NYC, so they talk to me about decks all day LOL, but I see them now mostly trying to get into the digital DJ arena, and some of the older DJ's arent to happy about it.

I have yet to travel outside the U.S. (a flying isue) but always wanted to just get a small amount of stuff and rough it out traveling and seeing new things, I am hoping one day to do it, but to taste authentic food from around the world

Oh yeah what does G.S.O.H mean?

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Awesome Thread

I'm a nerd. I love technology, work for a software company, and adore video games. I'm curring re-playing all the Grand Theft Autos in preparation for the release of GTAV. My favorite game series of all time is the Assassin's Creed series, because...hello conspiracy story line.

I'm also a writer. I used to write a lot of political satire for a few different blogs, but have now moved on to mostly fiction. I'm currently working on a dystopian fantasy story.

I love music. I can play almost anything with strings and I sing. I was heavily involved in performance when I was younger but I think I'm over that now.

My main activity both on ATS and off ATS is reading. I'm afflicted with a terminal need-to-know. Everything. I've studied religion, history, and politics most extensively. Science and Sociology a little bit.

ETA: I'm engaged to an academic researcher from Finland. He's a scientist and he thinks my conspiracy theorizing is hilarious. He smiles and pats me fondly on the head when I bring him something to inspect from ATS. Smug bastard. He's lucky he's so good looking

I would like to have a green thumb but I kill amost every plant I touch *sigh*.

I enjoy Disc Golf, swimming, biking, and power walking. There is no place I'd rather be than outside in Wisconsin in the summertime.

What I hate most is arrogance, bigotry, and ignorant people who can't mind their own business.

Edit To Add: I'm engaged to an academic researcher from Finland. He's a scientist and he thinks my conspiracy theories are hilarious. Whenever I bring him something from ATS to inspect he smiles and pats me fondly on the head. Smug bastard. He's lucky he's so good looking

edit on 5/15/13 by Malynn because: More To Say

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousAchilles
This is a wonderful thread

I'm currently not doing much with my life - I'm supposed to have just finished my final year of college, but I had some pretty major depression etc. over the year which screwed up my studies, so I'm applying for another year's funding to repeat so I can FINALLY graduate!

Outside of all that, I'm an actor. I'd love to do it professionally (I'm tired of am-dram), so I'm going to try and get some headshots done soon so I can audition for stuff and get myself an agent. I'm currently rehearsing for a production of Macbeth (I'm playing the man himself!), and I've met some really cool people in the process. We tend to hit the pub after rehearsals and bitch about the director, which is always fun.

I live in a fairly quiet coastal town, although it's starting to get busier now the weather's improving, we get quite a few tourists. I can't wait for summer to get here!

Mostly, I focus on building my relationship with my wonderful, crazy girlfriend. We're planning on moving in together in September. She's trying to persuade me we should get a dog. I'm trying to persuade her we need to think about our budget and getting on with the neighbours.

Acting must be fun, when I was a kid my mother used to call me Betty Davis, cause when I used to get in trouble I was very lets say "theatrical"

Good luck with you and your girlfriend moving in together!

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
It's lovely to get to know everyone a bit better.

Just a gentle reminder though, it is the internet so be cautious with personal details. You don't want to have poster's remorse later on down the road.

Me, I'm booooring. That's why I love ATS - it's so much more interesting than the people and places I frequent.

edit on 5/15/2013 by kosmicjack because: duh.

Yeah right, there is no way you can be boring, Im sure some of us including me thought all I had in common with ATS, was ATS, but man everyone is so interesting, and now I can share and learn... come on give in a little, plus your a Super Mod, there is no way you can be boring, and have this position!
Apparently you not boring.. your SUPER!

See www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace, NRE.
edit on 15-5-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: add

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

When you have been a member on ATS for a while or even a lurker you know people based on a few things, like hey thats the UFO person, or the one who likes to argue, but there are many of us here that have other interests that are probably very similar outside of the conspiracy stuff.

I sometimes come here out of bordem as I live in the boonies, and I am not so much on the social networks, but finding others that you already know know the basics of what and who you are about, makes things so much easier, without the doom and gloom.

There are a few threads that mention books, movies and such, but I am hoping that this can be a thread like your member profile, that can share other things that interest you when you are looking for a few moments to unwind. This can of course open us up to all new experiences, and there is so much that we can learn from each other.

So not to just write and leave it open for who ever decides to grace us with their presence
I will start.

I live in the country but am a city girl through and through Bronx girl

I LOVE to cook, especially Puerto Rican food, if anyone wants recipes

I love to fix things, carpentry wise, but am terrified to mess with electricity, and hate reading directions (yeah I know).

I love to look through the computer help forum, and have learned tons of things from there, and of course the cooking forum, some of the greatest new recipes I have learned were from there.

When I am not here looking through threads, I love to find rare or banned books and videos, I have so many now and dont even have time to look and read them all but still collect as many as I can, like if the electric goes out I can read them

Well thats all I can think of now, and I hope that it gets the ball rolling, every once in a while its ok to take a break from things, believe me I know there is more than a few out there that have all kinds of information about things outside of this, like hobbies that we can learn and share, so thanks for taking the time to read this, and hope to see some cool stuff

Peace, NRE.

what puertorican food??

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Are you asking what is Puerto Rican food, or what kind of Puerto Rican food?

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

... but am terrified to mess with electricity ...

As an electrical engineer and licensed master electrician, reading this made me a little sad.

Electricity is something to be respected for sure, but you have nothing to fear from it.

Always keep one hand in your pocket, and if you are going to work on line-powered equipment you should always use a properly fused isolation transformer otherwise you are asking for trouble.

I'd suggest working with some low-voltage DC stuff first like logic gates and simple transistor biasing circuits until you get the hang of it. A solderless breadboard and a couple batteries are all you need. You will be amazed at some of the things you are able to design and build (the amount of cool stuff you can do with just op amps is staggering) and how very similar mechanical and electrical physics are.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I LOVE to cook, especially Puerto Rican food, if anyone wants recipes

Hmmm...I may have to take you up on that. I also LOVE to cook. But I'm not sure I've ever had Puerto Rican food. Is it close in style to Cuban food perhaps? Mmmm fooooood.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Hi I like gardening and cooking too. I love Puerto Rican food and would love a really good red beans and rice recipe. I got a recipe online for aqua bread. I ate it in Lares back in the 70's and my goodness that is the best tasting bread. I made it a few months ago.
I like being outdoors. Camping , hiking, I love the beach. I've seen you on the boards. Your avi is interesting.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well I live in the countryside, in a self-sufficient organic kind of way, growing vegetables and raising a small amount of livestock for the carnivorous side of things. That's one half of my life.

The other is devoted to writing, which I'm trying to make a living out of. My third book was published in march, and I'm still under thirty, so I've got a chance at it, I think. Time will tell.

My main centers of interest are talking with my friends over a/several/too many drink(s), listening to music (Tool and Horse the Band are two of my major musical references) and pen and paper role-playing. I write my own rule-sets and tend to always have a game going at any given time. I love games in general, any games at all (except sudoku, I hate sudoku). I'm a playful type I guess.

I love reading, mostly fantasy or science fiction, and also educating myself on the internet, which is a great place for learning new things. I crave knowledge in general, and can get great highs just by finding out random but interesting facts. Sociology, ethnology, psychology, biolology, history, you name it, I'm interested.

Sports-wise I've solo practiced short-sword for over ten years now, and I just recently got a sparring partner, which is cool because there is only so much (not much at all, in fact) that you can do on your own. Theory is fun, real practice against something that moves and thinks is better.

I'd say that I'm just a really curious person, a guy who wants to know things about everything. Life is a great adventure for me, although I do try to meet it with a healthy dose of scepticsm. I don't really trust my own subjectivity, let alone that of others, and I enjoy challenging other people's positions almost as much as I do challenging my own.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You forgot to mention you like refering to yourself in the third person.
Karen thinks you are funny. LOL.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Yes it similar in a way, I love cuban sandwiches its a mix of the way that I cook pernil (pork shoulder) and the ingredients of the sandwich, which is absolutely mouth watering! Ill add the recipe here in a bit, its better if I add picks

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join