It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members Revisited.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
When you have been a member on ATS for a while or even a lurker you know people based on a few things, like hey thats the UFO person, or the one who likes to argue, but there are many of us here that have other interests that are probably very similar outside of the conspiracy stuff.

I sometimes come here out of bordem as I live in the boonies, and I am not so much on the social networks, but finding others that you already know know the basics of what and who you are about, makes things so much easier, without the doom and gloom.

There are a few threads that mention books, movies and such, but I am hoping that this can be a thread like your member profile, that can share other things that interest you when you are looking for a few moments to unwind. This can of course open us up to all new experiences, and there is so much that we can learn from each other.

So not to just write and leave it open for who ever decides to grace us with their presence
I will start.

I live in the country but am a city girl through and through Bronx girl

I LOVE to cook, especially Puerto Rican food, if anyone wants recipes

I love to fix things, carpentry wise, but am terrified to mess with electricity, and hate reading directions (yeah I know).

I love to look through the computer help forum, and have learned tons of things from there, and of course the cooking forum, some of the greatest new recipes I have learned were from there.

When I am not here looking through threads, I love to find rare or banned books and videos, I have so many now and dont even have time to look and read them all but still collect as many as I can, like if the electric goes out I can read them

Well thats all I can think of now, and I hope that it gets the ball rolling, every once in a while its ok to take a break from things, believe me I know there is more than a few out there that have all kinds of information about things outside of this, like hobbies that we can learn and share, so thanks for taking the time to read this, and hope to see some cool stuff

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Outside of my dual role as commentator/agitator depending on ones views about a particular subject on ATS.

I often spend a couple of hours every day beating the neighborhood kids at basketball, they all refrence me as " hey old man" or " grandpa" along with other names like steve nash and crusty old hooper.

I believe it is out of jealousy, since they are 15 to 19 ish, some older some younger, and I win basically every time, even if it is me and 3 12 year old girls vs 4 17 year old highschool basketball players.

Some even swear I used to play college or professionally, though this is not true, I just enjoy playing, so have become pretty good over the years.

I am pretty good with my hands, and can fix just about anything the needs fixing. Cars, eletrical, computers, plumbing, home repairs...

I read a lot, all the time, mostly though, I enjoy the scifi type books, or hystorical accounts.

I have read litterally almost every star wars book, save about 15 I believe it was last time I counted, all the halo series, except the last book of the forerunner trilogy by greg bear.

I truly love to watch comedies, like the chapelle show, and tosh, and love anime, specifically naruto, as my son Maximus is a dead ringer for the guy, it cracks me up to see the comparisons my family draws when we watch it.

I also enjoy bleach and inuyasha, but hardly ever missqua teen or squidbillies.

I also enjoy just about any roller coaster, or thrill ride, but really enjoy driving sports cars, I honestly cried, and a part of me died inside when I had to sell my 89 irocZ camaro, it had a 305 chevy, with an edelbrock intake and a holley carb, with flowmaster exhaust and headers, a 350 turbo tranny, and the original billet aluminum 5 star camaro wheels.

Just an amazingly beautiful and powerful beast of enjoyment all around.

Other than that, I would say I am the average American, that works and sits around watching the tube or serfing the net, while pigging out on pizza roles and drinking pepsi by the 1 liter.

Ah pepsi, the sweet nectar of the gods themselves, whatgood graces and utter love was expressed by the wisest and smartest of the gods when they bestowed that invention on so lowly and undeserving a race as ours, we are all laid low and unworthy of such a mighty and truly amazing gift.

Pepsi....just makes me want one thinking the name.

Oh and bacon, I loves me some bacon, oh yes my precious, we loveses our baconses, yes we does precious.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What a great thread

I'm time limited to reply but will attempt the best I can

Hmmmmmmmmmm Codyland ?

Firstly I love seeing people smile, for me it's almost a mission in life to help people smile.

I work as a furniture maker and love my Job

I am married to my soul mate a beautiful soul, she can make me smile with just a strange thought or a backwards glance, even when she is frustrated at something there is always a humour about her.

I love water, big bodies of water, I always feel complete a whole person if you will when I'm near water, be it fishing, sailing, water skiing, or just chilling with a beer and watching the waves.

Cody has a low tolerance for people that are wilfully stupid, or just plain refuse to educate themselves about the world, I despise racism, anti-Semitism, Islamaphobia, etc. etc. etc. For me it just shows a lack of any effort to even try to understand.

I don't think you can blanket hate a whole group, there is always good somewhere even in the most rotten core you just need to look hard enough to find it.

And Cody just ran out of time waxing lyrical

Great thread SnF

Cody

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I havent heard of an irok-z in sooooo long, they were popular in NYC in the late 80's and early 90's, its still considered a classic, and you were the man/woman if you had one.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thats awesome, when I was a kid I was into wood working mostly with lathes, and I loved it, I went to class for carpentry and since I was the only girl there, I was introduced to the lathe, and LOVED it, I have six stitches in my hand because I really didnt pay attention in the beginning to how sharp the chisels were

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I havent heard of an irok-z in sooooo long, they were popular in NYC in the late 80's and early 90's, its still considered a classic, and you were the man/woman if you had one.

Peace, NRE.

Indeed, when I was a kid in the 80s it was the car every little boy wanted, in 05 I got my hands on one with clean paint straight body lines and limitless potential, I roled it like I stole for all it was worth until I had to sell it last summer
, first time I cried in a long time, I swear it was like having to sell one of the kids.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I love to fix things, carpentry wise, but am terrified to mess with electricity, and hate reading directions (yeah I know).

The most dangerous place to be exposed to electric shock is in roof of house. Avoid them all togther and pay an electrician to go in there is need be.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I guess music has always been a big part of my life, I got my first set of decks when I was 16, just after I was taken to my first club by my brother. From that day I was hooked, working and spending all my money on records and nights out. So that culture made a pretty big impression on my life that still effects what I do today.

I have been ill for sometime, but volunteer at a community centre. I help run a basic music production course, to young adults, who are not in education or employment. I also helped at a youth club one evening a week until recently.

Through my illness, I have recently discovered meditation and yoga, which has opened up a whole new world for me and turned me on to some great thinkers, like Alan Watts and Jon Kabat zinn. I was referred to a Mindful Based Stress Reduction clinic at my hospital. An 8 week long course that basically taught us the practices of Zen Budhism in a secular environment.

I love travelling, my dad used to take us away all the time, he was long haul cabin crew, so got to visit some amazing places. In 2005 I went back packing with a few friends through Central America, which has been the highlight of my life so far.

I'm looking for someone with a G.S.O.H and no baggage

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This is a wonderful thread

I'm currently not doing much with my life - I'm supposed to have just finished my final year of college, but I had some pretty major depression etc. over the year which screwed up my studies, so I'm applying for another year's funding to repeat so I can FINALLY graduate!

Outside of all that, I'm an actor. I'd love to do it professionally (I'm tired of am-dram), so I'm going to try and get some headshots done soon so I can audition for stuff and get myself an agent. I'm currently rehearsing for a production of Macbeth (I'm playing the man himself!), and I've met some really cool people in the process. We tend to hit the pub after rehearsals and bitch about the director, which is always fun.

I live in a fairly quiet coastal town, although it's starting to get busier now the weather's improving, we get quite a few tourists. I can't wait for summer to get here!

Mostly, I focus on building my relationship with my wonderful, crazy girlfriend. We're planning on moving in together in September. She's trying to persuade me we should get a dog. I'm trying to persuade her we need to think about our budget and getting on with the neighbours.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I live in the suburbs, but I would love to live where there is a lot of land to have more nature and elbow room.

Cooking food is awesome. Burgers, fish, noodles, etc. OMG I GOT THE MUNCHIES!

Browsing the internet is the best way to look up anything to help you learn about anything.

I love reading or watching anything nonfiction. Like history, biographies, etc. I find it hard to read or watch anything fictional. It just sounds too fake and inhumane.

I'm a very adventures person who loves the outdoors.

I love politics! Politics is awesome

Mathematics, psychology, and technology is awesome.

Brisk Tea is delicious!

Water too.

Don't forget animals tooooo!

I find women who dress more modestly and who are strong mentally and physically are very attractive.

Anything else just ask me as I dance to the song Honey! Jig!
edit on 15-5-2013 by Phoenix267 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2013 by Phoenix267 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by cody599

Thats awesome, when I was a kid I was into wood working mostly with lathes, and I loved it, I went to class for carpentry and since I was the only girl there, I was introduced to the lathe, and LOVED it, I have six stitches in my hand because I really didnt pay attention in the beginning to how sharp the chisels were

Peace, NRE.

You should see the state of my hands

I use razor sharp japanese tools generally speaking I just forget how sharp somtimes usually a couple of times a week I look down at my work and wonder where the claret came from only to realise I must have brushed against a chisel again

I forgot mention I love playing guitar and cooking, not generally at the same time though,and I love a good book that draws me in.

Cody

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Nice thread OP.
I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts.

I enjoy ATS and most conspiracies although I am not much on the politics. When I am not surfing ATS I enjoy reading, anything outdoors, hanging out with my friends and watching my kids play hockey.

Speaking of hockey... its our way of life. Three kids playing hockey and sometimes travel hockey can be a lot of fun, yet its tiring at the same time. I find myself too busy to enjoy ATS, reading, and fishing which is what I love the MOST-EST!

I'm a country girl at heart as I was raised on a farm. I miss the farming days and often travel back in time with memories and try hard to make my kids appreciate the simple life.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm a country girl through and through.
I'm told I'm a rabid horseshoe player. ( I may get a wee bit competitive.)
I'm a mom, but have an empty nest right now.
On my second try, I found the love of my life.
I would probably be an animal hoarder, if my hubby would let me. LOL
I love to read.
I love really bad horror movies.
I grow a large garden and can everything I can get my hands on.

There is still a good chance, that on Saturday nights, you'll hear me laughing and howling around a bonfire, all summer long.

I'm "Older" not dead! Still like to get a little rowdy!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hey, I'm Laura (also called Flora Laura, hence the name), and when I'm not lurking around the Aircraft Projects forum, I'm lurking around the Engineering Department at Uni

I'm studying Aerospace Engineering at Swansea, I'm in my second year, interesting stuffs on planes is why I hang around here

I work for Carlisle United when I'm back home (much less glamorous than it sounds) and I have my FA Level 1 Coaching Badge (also much less glamorous than it sounds)

In my spare time I love Karting, I'm the treasurer of the Karting society at Uni, rollerblading and playing F1 Race Stars on the PS3.

I love road trips, I have a little Corsa called Bluebell, she's my baby. I live with my boyfriend Sam in a little flat overlooking the sea and because I'm in a showy off mood, here's a picture of the view I wake up to every day

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I have a lot of interests, I started a garden again this year, record music for my techno / punk band and do some gaming. Although the gaming has become pretty obscure. Lately I've been playing Empire at War and Galaxy on Fire (which is similar to Wing Commander: Privateer).

I play Starcraft 2 about diamond level, and am decent at Magic: The Gathering. By that, I mean right below Pro level. Last time I competed at a Grand Prix, I was knocked out near the final round on day 2, and that was 4 years ago - I've been playing since then. Whether I am better or more rusty without good competition is up for debate.

I work in the entertainment industry, doing things like writing articles, recording bands, running sound equipment, performing, etc.

I also am into business. I own one business (Sawtooth Fusion) at the moment with my business partner, and then sell stuff on e-bay on the side.

I graduated from college with a bunch of minors related to maths, majored in psychology though. The economy got pretty bad when I graduated from college 3 years ago, so honestly, I am just starting out in life.
edit on 15-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So many handymen, lol, who'd have thought? I'm a "handyman" too, though on temporary hiatus because, one morning, I decided it was a good idea to rush down the stairs and fell, only to land on my neck. But before that, I was putting my own handyman skills to the test by renovating the house we're living in that was deeply unloved. This house and I are tied, both of us being victims of the same person, so it's both a labor of love and a purging of wrongness. It's cathartic in a way. I took it from a house that carpenters said should be condemned to a bright and happy place to live and I still have lots of projects awaiting me once I recover. I also am a gardener but haven't been able to do much of that. Have spent the last three years repairing the soil here as the previous resident thoroughly poisoned the ground to keep anything from growing and thriving. Happy to announce that, this year, the soil has recovered though it's ironic since I can't dig and plant due to my injury, lol. Almost glad that I can't though because this spring has been full of pleasant surprises from violets to columbine to ferns. Even the old grapevine that was ruthlessly cut down has risen from its grave.

I'm a total book junky though I couldn't read for a few months due to my injury (optic nerve was impacted). My prize rare books are a Peabody Museum version of Clyde Kluckhohn's Navaho Withcraft, the two volume set of the study of the Morris Site, and a binder holding a prerelease copy of The Voyages of the Pyramid Builders, copied for me by Dr. Schoch. (Used to moderate for both him and Graham Hancock. Fun fact: Hancock asked me which version of the picture to use for the cover of Talisman.) Most frequently used in my home has to be the 4 inch thick encyclopedia of mythology to resolve differences in who did what in mythological stories, lol. Very eclectic bookshelves. Get some ribbing when people notice the bottom shelf of the largest is filled with fairy tale books though, lol.

I'm a gamer, too, and have been since Zork. Was a tournament champion for Team Fortress 2 back in late 2007 and ran a few clans, guilds, and linkshells for a variety of games. So yeah, I'm one of those kind of nerds.
Most recently played games have been God Mode, Warframe, and Age of Empires II: HD.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

For the past few years I have stayed out of the work force to be a stay at home granny. I wanted to spare my daughter the pain of working just to pay for daycare that nobody ever afforded me so that she can get ahead in life a little faster than what we, her parents, did.

I love to travel and am always up for adventurous new things and have been knocking things off my "bucket list" while I'm still young enough to enjoy it. I adore hiking, camping, biking, zip lining, go-cart racing (mine needs a new coil and carburetor but will nearly go 60mph when in top shape). Next item on my list is to go cage diving with sharks, but the hubby says he will watch from the boat as he will sit that particular adventure out! I love hunting, fishing and baking.....but watching cheesy horror movies is my first love.

I grew up mostly being raised by my granny and have the utmost respect for seniors. I can sew, quilt, crochet, knit, embroider, tat, and can all because of granny along with gardening and tending livestock. My great uncle lived next door and taught me to cut and weld and to shoe horses and mules, my great aunt taught me to cook and how to heal people and animals with plants and herbs. Usually only use any of those skills when necessary anymore, but I made sure to teach most of them to my kids and will also pass along to my grandchild and future grandkids so that no matter what they can take care of themselves.

I love reading so ATS is a nice fit for me- I'm also a chatterbox and that works out well here. I love the "one stop shopping" aspect of ATS. There are like minded and opposite minded folks from all over the world- all of varying opinions and knowledge- and I learn new things every day. I don't have to go to several different sites to discuss various subjects because I can find anything an everything right here!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Great thread, S&F

I am a retired USAF MSgt, my wife is an animal trainer and up and coming author. I grew up in northern WV, lived all over the east coast as a teen, then enlisted. I was a flightline knuckledragger (mechanic/technician) for most of my career but also did stints in physical/personnel security, anti-terrorism, weapons safety, command and control, blah blah blah... then retired. While active duty, I got to "see the world" as they say... was all over the place. When I retired, we spent a year in the Philippines doing humanitarian work, at which time I started to get sick... so we returned to the states and now live in rural northern ID (where my wife grew up) and we love it here.
Due to my illness I can't do many of the thing that I used to (I am an avid outdoorsman) but I keep very busy nonetheless. I do write some and am also a semi-pro photographer (I have had works published in both mediums)... but I don't have anywhere near the focus and discipline that my wife does.
I have a cat that I never wanted (long story... The Flatulent Bandercat) that follows me everywhere, one REAL dog (a Belgian Malinois), and my wife has a micro-dog (teacup poodle aka. barking rat) and we have two other cats that sort of hang out here.
We don't have a lot of money, but we make do with what we have. Pretty damned good way to spend a retirement if ya ask me

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hey NRE!!

I would love some of your recipes!

Ok outside of ATS this what you will find me doing.

I love to cook but I think that is obvious to anyone who knows me on here. Since becoming pregnant though I'm not cooking as much as I use to. I have no energy and standing to prep or make bread/pasta is just not feasible right now. I do have a chair with wheels and a pillow so when I do cook I can sit and prep. My fiancee comes home next week and he is going to take over the kitchen. He said he knows how I am and it will be hard to keep me out! He is wrong lol at this point I want someone else to cook for me! He can cook really well and if he wants to make something i make I can tell him how from the couch or bed!

I also love to collect old vintage books esp French ones and French dictionaries. I am not sure why but I find them interesting and how they change. I also collect Shakespeare books at least 50yrs+ old. I like rare out of print books and love to shop on abe books! You can find so many awesome old books on there!! NRE since you like rare and out of print books you might like that site if you haven't found it already!!

I also love thrift stores!! I find the BEST stuff in them. I have found quite a few treasures, my favorites being my pasta maker, clay pot and all my pyrex dishes! I love a good deal and live on a budget plus I find the older stuff lasts much longer than anything new. I found all my maternity wear second hand since there is only one store that carries maternity and i just won't spend 30 bucks on a shirt I'll wear for a couple months!! I find lots of designer clothes, shoes and hand bags. I love vintage clothing esp shoes and hand bags. I found my dress for my wedding (the 1st one) at the thrift store. It's a vintage Fredericks of Hollywood wedding party gown from the 50s!! It was $1.25 and it's beautiful and perfect for what I want. If I am gonna do a vintage style might as well have actual vintage!

Lately you will catch me getting ready for my little bundle of joy who is due in 29 days! I am having a boy, Liam and i have been busy painting pictures and decals for his wall. If i could afford to paint all the time i would but paint supplies are not cheap!

I also love to sit and just listen to music, Spotify is my preferred method, you never know what song will pop up!

I enjoy watching documentaries on ancient civilizations or archaeology. I find places like Egypt and South America fascinating with their history. I also collect a ton of books on the subject!

I like dinner parties and can't wait til we move so I can resume my dinner parties with friends. Nothing like a nice dinner and some fun board games after!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's lovely to get to know everyone a bit better.

Just a gentle reminder though, it is the internet so be cautious with personal details. You don't want to have poster's remorse later on down the road.

Me, I'm booooring. That's why I love ATS - it's so much more interesting than the people and places I frequent.

edit on 5/15/2013 by kosmicjack because: duh.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join