It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are in Sequester but DHS gets a 3.4 BIL new house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yes Janet is just giddy ,one can only wonder have the luxury re-education suites that they will have.www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

From your source.

It's biggest federal building project in D.C. area since Pentagon 68 years ago Complex to be on campus of historic buildings in long-neglected part of D.C. Project to gather more than 15,000 employees now scattered in 35 offices First new building: Coast Guard headquarters, costing about $435 million

It just smells of Big Brother, and bigger waste.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Yes Janet is just giddy ,one can only wonder have the luxury re-education suites that they will have.www.cnn.com...

ROFLing at your seeming anger in regards to this

what kind of soldier gets angry when the enemy
conveniently makes themselves a bigger, single target by putting all their eggs in 1 basket?

what was that about If they all together had but a single neck... ?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Why not?
DHS will be the premiere instrument of oppression when the SHTF.
They gotta be selling out for something bigger.
You are looking at the new improved Gestapo headquarters.

edit on 14-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
DHS gets less than 10% what the military gets.

DHS gets 50 bil.

Israel probably gets that under the table.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It just smells of Big Brother, and bigger waste.

And we saw what an epic failure DHS has been they drop the ball but get shiny new diggs!!!!

Aint that awesome ?

Nope

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wasteful spending.

Period.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Wasteful spending.

Period.

I agree I'd rather see it go to embassy security if they just have to spend cash.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobeattles

DHS gets 50 bil.

That is $4,999,999,751.00 more than would be spent on that asinine agency if we had anyone with an inch of spine and a half ounce of testicles in command of the budget. The $249.00 I'd happily see budgeted to DHS? According to Greyhound.com that is the going rate for 1 Greyhound bus ticket from DC to Phoenix, AZ. I think it is only fair that Janet be returned home on the taxpayer dime.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Why do we need the DHS again? My memory is a bit fuzzy these days.

How did Washington win the Revolutionary war without the DHS? How did we win WWII without it?

If you want these massive government takeovers and departments to go away you need to elect Conservatives.
edit on 15-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Wow, 3.4 billion is too much for a building. Just a waste of money.

In comparison: The national budget here is 10 billion dollars (which includes free education (higher education, universal healthcare, government-paid pensions etc) for 1,5 million people.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is my favorite line from that article:

"It will help us hold meetings," Secretary Janet Napolitano

So you're telling me you don't have VTC ability?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

In comparison: The national budget here is 10 billion dollars (which includes free education (higher education, universal healthcare, government-paid pensions etc) for 1,5 million people.

Texas Stadium was just under 1 billion to construct. Lmao

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Where in the hell do we get almost 4 billion to build homeland security a new building?? FROM US TAXPAYERS!!!

I will request my office in the penthouse since I helped pay for it.....

What a waste of money.....But they need somewhere to stock all their weapons and ammo they have been buying recently

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by nobeattles

DHS gets 50 bil.

That is $4,999,999,751.00 more than would be spent on that asinine agency if we had anyone with an inch of spine and a half ounce of testicles in command of the budget. The $249.00 I'd happily see budgeted to DHS? According to Greyhound.com that is the going rate for 1 Greyhound bus ticket from DC to Phoenix, AZ. I think it is only fair that Janet be returned home on the taxpayer dime.

Not to say you are wrong but you are actually giving DHS $45,000,000,249.......You missed a number there.....They don't need NOR deserve 45 billion dollars to get her to AZ.....Although they would probably try for that amount....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The site today has the appearance of a sprawling college campus -- although one stuck in time. Established by Congress in 1855 as the Government Hospital for the Insane and later renamed St. Elizabeths, the campus has 62 buildings built between the 1850s and 1940.

Nomen est omen.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

They aren't spending 3.4 billion USD on a building. They're spending it on a complex of buildings covering 176 acres. There are currently 62 buildings there. Ten will be demolished, 52 will be preserved because they are historic and can be renovated. An unknown number of new buildings will be built; the only one described in the article, the new USCG headquarters, will cost $435 million. They will eventually move 35 offices and 15,000 employees to the new complex.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The NSA only spent a billion on their information warehouse that can hold all the information in the world....
Is anyone out there seeing the absolute enslavement of humanity by the end of the next decade?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I mean, I do not agree with the price tag on this complex, but has nobody noticed that this ground breaking happened in 2009? This site is almost completed now, I think the Coast Guard center is all that is still under construction.

Just saying, while we were not in much better shape then, the current sequester is really of no relevance to something started and budgeted over three years ago.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join