It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Thanks couldn't get them to show the way they should. What those images show may be reminants of the decent, but there would be no way to tell for sure. If they were native to Mars I would think we would have heard about on the news. They don't resemble natural occurances in the terain and would have generated great interest.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Heatshield on the Horizon - marsrover.nasa.gov...

Full-sized image: marsrover.nasa.gov...

The Mars Exploration Rover Spirit acquired this panoramic camera image mosaic on the 68th martian day, or sol, of its mission (March 12, 2004). The reflective speck about 200 meters (650 feet) away, on the far crater rim, was immediately a point of interest for scientists and engineers alike. They soon were able to identify it as Spirit's protective heatshield.

While the debris is too far away to make out clearly, orbital imagery of the area acquired before and after Spirit landed supports scientists' and engineers' conclusion. Prior to Spirit's landing, the surface at this location appeared undisturbed in orbital images, while post-landing images revealed a large gouge where the heatshield now rests.

A forum thread at UMSF: www.unmannedspaceflight.com...
edit on 18-5-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Which is common sense really. Obviously Spirit is taking the photo, which is the reason why it's protective heatshield lies off in the distance. Just saying. In the name of logic of course.

~$heopleNation

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage. I knew I had seen it before, but could not remember when or where.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join