It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Social Direction of the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm not sure what worries me more about the outcome of the election, Bush winning or 11 states voting to ban gay marriage.

The fact that 11 states are banning marriage for people is disturbing. It's not just that they banned marriage, at least in Georgia they banned any significance "civil unions" has too. No shared benifits, ect.

The fact that a portion of the country passed a law to "ban" or limit who is allowed to get married is an indicator of intolerance and the social direction this country may be taking. The fact that these laws passed shows me that there are other areas that may be open for limits to be impossed.

I heard ore people that support the ban say, "If they can get married it opens the door for people ro marry multiple people, animals, cars, or whatever they want." However, I never heard anyone take into consideration that once this ban passes, it will open the doors for other limits on who can get married. Are we headed in the direction where blacks and whites can't get married? Muslims and Christians?

Will this ban start the cycle for the "moral majority" to start to pass laws to limit other issues in our lives they deem "not moral?"

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It goes much deeper that just Gay Marriage.

Read Rise of the Reconstructionists for who is currently in control of the Republican Party and what they believe in.

Welcome to the American Theocracy!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Interesting, I'll have to check that out.

I think, more than anything else, it is an American Theocracy, and all of the forced changes that may go with it, that I am afraid of.

new topics

join