It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Would like to believe in psychics and remote viewing, but I don't believe those are highly excepted beliefs. However, I do think they give solice to individuals who may have medical conditions or loss in their lives.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think you might be surprised..find one with a good reputation and spend a hour talking with them..you might come away a believer...or worse case entertained.
Psychics are l like everything else..some are good some ehhh not so much, I am a believer but the person I talked with absolutely made me believe...
just my $.02

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jvarga390

So, just because they are not "highly accepted" beliefs by others you are going to allow "them" to make the ruling in your decision about psychics?
So then, what you are saying is, you don't think for yourself. You allow others to jerk your chain in the direction they want you to go.
You are an individual. You have a brain. Use it to make up your own mind. Don't listen to what "the majority" say.
Base your beliefs on personal experiences, experiences of others, and your deep-down gut feelings.

Yes, there are definately fake psychics out there. There are also fake people walking among us everywhere. They pretend to be something they aren't. That doesn't mean EVERYONE is fake.

You are a follower. Be careful "they" don't walk off a bridge and drown; I'd hate to see that happen!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'd like to believe in them. So many pretenders though its hard to find a real one. Big one just exposed. Use to always be on Montel talking to spirits and all that. She said one of those kidnapped girls was dead and she had talked to her spirit. Sylvia was her name I believe.( Of the medium or whatever she claims to be)

In the end though I do still believe some people have gifts. I also agree with you that they can lift people spirits when sick or distressed about a lost loved one.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

No psychic is 100% accurate 100% of the time... none of them. The best psychics score in the 90% range of hitting it correctly most of the time.
So... you have some that "hit the mark" less often than others. It's going to happen. That doesn't mean they are fakes.
Also, sometimes the spirit who is comng through gets confused on how to relay the message correctly, and the psychic picks up the wrong clue.

There are many reasons for people to think psychics are fake, based on the above facts.
The best thing to do is to research the psychic before using their services, and see what their percent of accuracy is. If it is low... well, don't use them.
But, if it is high, then you have a 90% chance that what you are being told is truth.

By the way... I love Sylvia Browne! I think she's great!

edit on 5/14/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Off topic but..

She needs to trim those fingernails.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

I agree.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Also, sometimes the spirit who is comng through gets confused on how to relay the message correctly, and the psychic picks up the wrong clue.

That is just one of the reasons "psychics" use when they fail

There are many reasons for people to think psychics are fake

That is because they are all fakes.

research the psychic before using their services, and see what their percent of accuracy is. If it is low... well, don't use them.

Well, as they are all low that would mean you did not use any "psychic"!

. I love Sylvia Browne! I think she's great!

So you love a faker, who has been caught faking many times.... and also been convicted of investment fraud and grand theft!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Hello, Bruce!

Yes, I do. I love all the books she has written. They have some very good information in them.

But, as for the psychic thing...
I went to a psychic/medium back in 2003. This guy is sooooo good, he stays booked two years in advance. Well, a friend of mine turned out to be a friend of his, so I got an appointment right away.

He told me things that happened in my past that absolutely no one knew! And he told me things about the present that absolutely no one knew. Then he told me things I needed to do for my future. So far, so good on that.
He could also see my aura, and told me what the colors meant, and what I needed to work on spiritually and health-wise.
He told me what I had been worrying about concerning my health, and he was dead on! This wasn't something that could have been guessed by just looking at me.
This is one of those that I have to say is the "real deal"! They do exist, and no one can tell me they don't.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I absolutely believe that psychic ability is possible.

OK, dirty little secret... I love the Long Island Medium. I watch the show, even saw a live performance. She's very entertaining. I heard she was on Dr. Oz, a show I've never watched. Apparently, Dr. Oz wanted to do a "psychic experiment" on her, which wasn't so much a test of her psychic abilities but rather a test of how her brain waves change when she is supposedly channeling spirit.

There are several parts to the show, but here are the results... sorry if an ad pops up on the video first. You can also go to Dr. Oz's website to find the entire show.

I don't know if you would find this affirming of psychic ability or not. I'm not sure what to make of it. Psychic abilities, I always thought, were outside of the material realm, so I didn't think the brain would necessarily show any change at all.
edit on 15-5-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee
reply to post by sled735

Off topic but..

HAHAHAHA!!

Now that is so true! Her nails freak me out!

She made her own religion didn't she?
(Sylvia Brown I mean)
edit on 15-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here's my favorite psychic!

And I KNOW he is for real

This man has my total respect

He once said i was "cool"....

Made me feel awesome inside!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Originally posted by Isittruee
reply to post by sled735

Off topic but..

HAHAHAHA!!

Now that is so true! Her nails freak me out!

She made her own religion didn't she?
(Sylvia Brown I mean)

She is Gnostic. She sort of stuck with those rules, I think, but I don't know much about what is different about the one she started and the Gnostic faith.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I love her too.
She is another "real deal".

Thank you for sharing that video. Fantastic to see what happens to the brain during channeling.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
First time and last time I will ever put this out on ATS.

Sylvia Brown and James Van Prog both send there client's to my mother Akeeya. Google her. I will not give out personal information. If you want a "Accurate" reading and want to experiance a "Real" Medium then give it a go.

Have fun people~

Son of the Seer / sulaw

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I remember having this discussion long ago in a website far far away that no longer exists..

If I remember correctly, she started her own Gnostic Church, to which she is the leader..

Or something along those lines.
*shrug*

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
First time and last time I will ever put this out on ATS.

Sylvia Brown and James Van Prog both send there client's to my mother Akeeya. Google her. I will not give out personal information. If you want a "Accurate" reading and want to experiance a "Real" Medium then give it a go.

Have fun people~

Son of the Seer / sulaw

Is she on Jame's list of readers?

I would recommend anyone go to the James Van Praagh website, and follow the links there for readings endorsed by JVP himself before anyone saying they know he supports someone. Just saying

He is very careful about his recommendations.
Even if you do look up some of his endorced psychics, they are good, but not always. I know this because I refered someone here to his website, and they tried one of the mediums listed and did not get a psychic connection.

I would still try the website first before following anyone's advise on who he endorses.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

The Goddess Akeeya ~ should be, I have no reason to lie.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Not saying you are lying, I just know how JVP works.
He is very careful about who he endorses.

Which is why I say people should check the website.

Actually, I don't even know if he has a list of endorsed mediums anymore. He has a new website now, and I have not poked around it to much, but I imagine he has a list of readers to contact there. He should.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

The Goddess Akeeya ~ should be, I have no reason to lie.

I found his list, if she is on it,
she is using her real name.

She one of these people?
James Van Praagh Practitioners.

Gotta use the menu on the left to see the different JVP endorsed practitioners.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join