It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if every crime was legal for one night a year?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It would be a test and a testament of one's true nature, moral and character.

Wouldn't it?

That being said those who know me might want to take stock and take distance, or ask me over to help them wait the night out..........

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
considering what I'm reading... I would stay home with a big f#in sign saying "right this way" in pink neon with an fn scar-h 17 with a 13 inch barrel and a nifty pile of 7.62n for all you psychos out there...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I would burn down NYC probably.

Just to say I did it.

Maybe move on to other major cities. The crime spree may only be 12 hours but the effect would be permanent.

I look at your avatar and then read that comment and it just blows my mind!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
considering what I'm reading... I would stay home with a big f#in sign saying "right this way" in pink neon with an fn scar-h 17 with a 13 inch barrel and a nifty pile of 7.62n for all you psychos out there...

Yeah very telling replies

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
As "great" of an idea as this would be, it certainly would be a boom for certain economies.

Cemeteries, mortuaries, hospitals and healthcare (just in case you didn't kill the person as dead as you thought you did).

Would be a boom for the home-depot, and the weapons merchants.

Would weed out a crap-tone of people.

Personally, I don't hate anyone I could get my hands on. The big fish to fry would be too hard to get a hold of. and the rest just aren't worth the time.

I would stay home, hunker down, and pray that I didn't have to kill anyone, as I believe murder a bad thing, to be avoided at all costs; I do not believe killing someone in self-defense to be murder.

Then again, I'm polite and courteous to those around me, and to strangers. Do I for one minute, believe I have no enemies, I'd be a fool to think there is no one who would wish me dead.. I have a mother-in-law after all.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Couple the idea with mandatory home address on your ATS profile and I wonder how many members would continue to post in the manner they do now.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Other then being a possible moive shill I will say this...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Who will be purged? Think about this for one minute and WAKE UP! You are either being conditioned or you are unaware you are contributing to the conditioning...

The Rich will be safe an secure in their high towers or in foreign lands while those who cannot afford to leave or have security will kill each other with impunity. And once it starts you believe the next day it would end? Oh someone kills your family and what you wait until next year for payback?

An Eye for an Eye makes a blind society! Think about the agenda to this movie and stop promoting it!
edit on 15-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have morals so no I couldn't do anything. I would stay locked up in my house for sure. Well maybe some old school road tripping on some gravel roads, lol. I'm such a rebel.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Any criminal activity would be legal? I guess I wouldn't mind too much if some hackers transferred money from the bank account of someone obscenely wealthy to a charity of some sort.

Other than that I think it's a horrible idea, and I'm a little shocked by some of the replies here... I hope they're just kidding!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I would have a small underground survival bunker in my backyard and stay in it for the time period. That was my rational answer. My irrational answer would probably earn me a visit from federal authorities, so I'll keep it to myself.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Way to think big there.

In general reply, the idea behind this movie actually made me taste my breakfast a second time. Really think about it. For those who don't want to kill your wives, well, it would be perfectly legal to rape your wife that night. And think of the children. Yeah, what a wonderful world that would be where the sheer amounts of PTSD for those who wouldn't be able to afford state of the art security systems (which don't seem like they did much good in the movie trailer) would literally break the back of humanity. If it's not broken already considering the sheer number of dystopian movies and tv shows we've had over the last few years. This is apparently what appeals to us as a society now. Nice.

Not to mention that it has a very, very dank smell of propaganda.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
All crime being legal for a night sounds good. Id steal a few candy bars...perhaps some mints as well >.> ...MAYBE break a window or two. AND i would definitely carry around a camera attached to an ar-15 with apr's (including night vision) and film anything i witnessed and make a movie about it

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Some people deserve an Eye for an Eye. I would only have one target, if this was legal. and I wouldnt need 12 hours, only 5 minutes, alone with the guy that almost ruined my life. Another story there. But I wouldnt really be worried about my life, because I live a very respectful and thoughtful life, with only really one enemy, and he would be in my sights. LOL

(PS Im not threatening anyone and only talking in a fictional role)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We really have some sick and twisted individuals on this site, after reading the responses......

I'm with Byrd and because of my views, morals, virtues.... Sadly I couldn't do it... Though at the same time.... I'm more leaning towards FraternitasSaturni's response....

Anyone who came near my family would be considered fair game. But I wouldn't go out of my way to just cause havok. Though as appealing as taking out some bitter sweet revenge sounds.... I just won't.

@ Hopechest~ Your response cracked me with your response.... Oddly I see Tinkbell with molotov cocktails wreaking havoc in NYC....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I would force you to check out the thread I ALREADY MADE about this movie

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then give you some pie

edit on 15-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Nice reply.
I agree, I would not participate.
I may see the movie though.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'd be sitting at home with gun loaded watching my door....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Well I can see why you are mad.
Zero flag
Zero star

You posted that a long time ago and if you haven't noticed, the search function could use some work.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'd drink Arizona Iced Tea in a parking lot.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Only 1 reply

I think this thread needs to get deleted

It's only fair

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join