It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, you are hypocrites.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople
I'll keep this short and "sweet"...

The more I say, the more likely something I say will be taken out of context and used against me.

A large portion of "truth-seekers" on this site seem to overlook a major contradiction...

If you think the rich, 1%, or whatever is evil...

Why keep buying their products?

That PC, MAC, iPad, cellphone, smartphone or whatever, you purchased to access this site., put money in their pockets.

I live in the USA, and people here are always saying "money is the root of all evil", but they still love it as much as any billionaire.

If you really want to make a change for "the better", stop buying such crap.

Stop shopping at Walmart. Stop eating McDonald's.

Just stop.

Burn your money...no, wait. I'm sorry. That would be too easy.

Me?

I don't care about rich people.

I don't care if they are evil...but a lot of you seem to.

You been a member six months and have made 30,000 posts about the evil in the world and never once acknowledge your own misguided slothfulness.

Ban me.

Free me.

I hope you all wake up and realise that life is nowhere to be found (and truth is nowhere to be found) on a website.
Now that's entertainment!

Thank you OP for reminding me why i visit this place.

"catharsis" embrace it!

I do

now be a good American...........go forth and consume!!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

Why do you think everyone here hates rich people and are hypocrites? People are just people- some are rich jackwipes and some are poor jackwipes, some rich folks are really nice and some poor folks are really nice. Money doesn't have much to do with what sort of moral character someone has. If someone has more money than you it doesn't make them evil, being evil is common among all income brackets.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Lol, very nice, I also enjoyed your use of another name for a cat in so well stated a way, it took me aback for a moment, then as I continued reading your meaning became clear, and it was very fun indeed.

Why thank you kindly Sir/Ma'am, it's nice to be nice and I feel like being nice. Rant is the correct forum, OP did a good one and I felt an encouraging virtual shoulder was not out of place. Incha love get you further than a bunch of dynamite and we've all been there. OP's first reply was:

"Hey, I wasn't expecting someone to be nice. Thank you."

Brought a smile to my face that, and maybe even a little tear to the eye! Now, where's MY hug?
No wait, I've got something wrong with me ribs, it'd only hurt!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Please enlighten us as to what you have done so as NOT to be a hypocrite.

I'm curious and would like to learn as would many here I believe.

Peace

edit on 14-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I don't agree with you at all. ATS members in my opinion are not hypocrites.

I think the membership here (including myself) are people doing the best they can every day to survive and improve their lives.

ATS gives its membership a place to go and talk about...most anything; I so appreciate that fact.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOnlyAnswer
...he typed furiously, his fingers pounding away at the keyboard as he sits alone in the dark, smoke filled, room.
edit on 14-5-2013 by TheOnlyAnswer because: (no reason given)

Don't forget the Cheetos...

Peace

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
There is using money for commerce, and there is using money for power. Whether money is evil depends on how it's used.

Also keep in mind the old addage about opinions and a certain bodily oriface. It will help to weather the storms of outrageous reply.

And take a chill pill dude!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Actually, with the exception of my friend's phone, I am waaaay off the grid.

I don't think you understand the meaning of off-grid but then again I think you are very young with high ambitions to one day become a super hero and kill the Illuminati monster. You are still in the playground as much as your friend is with his cellular device. I'm afraid you have the red pill syndrome, you swallow the pill...you see the truth...then you # in your pants for the rest of your life.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I was gonna say 'relax and step back from the ledge'
... but this is the Rant Forum man!!! If you can't let it all hang out here, where are you supposed to go?
I say f*ck yeah, let it out!!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
OK man you are right.
We are all hypocrits.
Each of us compromising in his own little way to feed his or her personal habits.
Deluding ourselves we deserve that last smoke or that piece of the pie.
Why because we are HUMAN.
You have far too lofty standards for most of us to reach.
OK man ya got us......welcome to reality

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by TheOnlyAnswer
...he typed furiously, his fingers pounding away at the keyboard as he sits alone in the dark, smoke filled, room.
edit on 14-5-2013 by TheOnlyAnswer because: (no reason given)

Don't forget the Cheetos...

Peace

Wow.

Meaningless. LOL

Okay, peace.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Actually, with the exception of my friend's phone, I am waaaay off the grid.

I don't think you understand the meaning of off-grid but then again I think you are very young with high ambitions to one day become a super hero and kill the Illuminati monster. You are still in the playground as much as your friend is with his cellular device. I'm afraid you have the red pill syndrome, you swallow the pill...you see the truth...then you # in your pants for the rest of your life.

Once again...

I have no problem with rich people....

....evil corporations, or the "Illuminati".

I expected better quality insults.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Susu Banking System How to avoid Banksters
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted this above no response except the one person who star and flag it so I figured most folks don't care for alternatives but care to complain.. ooh well

edit on 15-5-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You're getting there.

Just hang in there, you will be able to free yourself.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Personally, I don't hate or like rich people. I'm indifferent when it comes to social echelons. Unless they kill, pillage, rape, etc etc to get that money then they should be put in front of a firing squad... but I digress. This having been said, your argument is pointless. Why? Well firstly there's the instinct of survival. This would include feeding yourself, having a roof over your head, medical care even having a family. To do this in this society you NEED money. There is nothing hypocritical about using money when it's essential to our survival in this day and age.

The way life is build. The way everything have been structured towards productivity and efficiency, no matter how detrimental to the individual this might be, one doesn't really have a choice but to conform to technology and it's use if one were to venture into the business world. I don't have TV nor do I own a cell phone. I use the internet and my trusty computer that's 5 years old.

When it comes to money itself, I hate it with a passion. But if I want both my kids to eat, if I want both my kids to have a roof over their heads, if I want to provide them with a quality of life which would help them prosper, then money is the unfortunate key we must use.

See, the point you trying to make is: You're a hypocrite if you use money and hate it. We could try to make to same point about heath care. You're a hypocrite for using a dialysis machine and you hate using it. It doesn't make much sense does it?

My take on this, and I could be totally wrong and forgive me if I am, but I think you're born into money or were always well off and are absolutely oblivious to the value of money. But for a bunch of people 50$ can mean the difference between eating meat this week Kraft dinner again.

But fortunately some do have more money than others. Why not use that little extra to help alleviate the stress of being tight be it with toy like a PS3 or a Iphone. It certainly doesn't make one a hypocrite.
edit on 15-5-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Wow... Like that other threader said... Don't clump us all in together...

Have a cupcake....

I like cupcakes.... Normally more delicious on a time out.... Drink some GMO Milk at the same time... Brings the sugar out and makes it "pop" full of goodness~

Peace~

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I'm sorry you feel money is so important.

That being said, I will say once again...

I have no problem with money or billionaires.

I have a problem with people who say "billionaires are evil" from their computers...
Buy purchasing their computers, they helped make those billionaires what they are...

I've been reading this site for a decade and yes...

Rich people are the main targets.

Hypocritical.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I don't want money to be so important. But the reality of it is that it is that important. Try to go fishing to feed your family. You'll need to fork out the cash for permits. Try to go hunting to feed your family. Same thing you need a permit. But hunting permits are ridiculously expensive. If you don't have a permit they can confiscate everything you have and even repo your house. With Agenda 21 right around he corner you'll probably need a permit for gardens as well.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Everyone seems to think you are mad.

I personally felt that you were trying articulate the problem with conspiracy sites.

Strange.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

I don't want money to be so important. But the reality of it is that it is that important. Try to go fishing to feed your family. You'll need to fork out the cash for permits. Try to go hunting to feed your family. Same thing you need a permit. But hunting permits are ridiculously expensive. If you don't have a permit they can confiscate everything you have and even repo your house. With Agenda 21 right around he corner you'll probably need a permit for gardens as well.

Ain't it beautiful?

Seriously.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join