It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Bigfoot Shooting in Pennsylvania

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by ShadeWolf

, the big question should be WHY did the man shoot it ,
i have never understood why americans feel a need to go into the woods to find things to kill .
it's not because he wanted to feed his family with it , is it ?

If this is true then no, he just wanted to kill it for the fame and money.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
As I read this it felt like it was a hoax. Imagine if bigfoot was really shot by someone and the entire world media came out to find this mythical creature. That would be front page news.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I read somewhere that if you were face to face with a hostile Bigfoot and had a gun with a ten round clip, you should shoot the Bigfoot nine times and save the last one for yourself.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Bigfoot doesn't exist.
edit on 16-5-2013 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
And people wonder why big foot would stay clear of people. History has shown to them that it is a good idea for survival.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
With exception to an actual Bigfoot shooting, i think they most fascinating thing is on the first page, some one said that they "talked" to a bigfoot.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
I have talked to a Sasquatch in Oregon, and I am under the impression that shooting one would be murder. I believe there is more than one type and they may be as distant cousins as we are to gorillas, either way, shooting one is wrong unless it is self defense. By now we should know that we have no need to fear them.

youve talked to Big foot huh? Your either a liar or a nutzo...please stop spreading nonsense. Step away from the keyboard please

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KilroyRock

so you think that it takes balls to shoot some thing that can,t shoot back .
i take it from your insulting reply that you are a child and still in school , never mind when you grow up , you may realise that real courage does not come by killing defenceless targets from a safe distance .

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed

Of course they shot it, dummies!

Really hope they didn't kill the poor samsquamtch.

Ive been to central ohio hunting many many times, and the local swear they are around.

Gotta love the Trailer Park Boys reference .. kuddos to you!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
I thought Bigfoot country was California/Oregon?

What did he do, fly there?

Bigfoot reports come in worldwide. In the US, PA ranks in the top 10 for sightings.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
If it is confirmed that a Bigfoot was shot, then I hope legal action ensues. If the animal was killed, murder charges and if not attempted murder charges.

Eat what you kill or do not kill it.

The man claiming this was out turkey hunting.
Why should legal action be taken? If true it will finally prove BF is real.Once proven, the species can be studied and given protection status.

I too doubt this to be true simply because one does not hunt turkey with a high powered rifle and I truly doubt a shot gun blast would kill Bigfoot.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I really wish threads like this would stop getting derailed. After reading the op it really sucks to having to read through nearly 5 pages of mostly rubbish in the search for an update.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armadall
I really wish threads like this would stop getting derailed. After reading the op it really sucks to having to read through nearly 5 pages of mostly rubbish in the search for an update.

here is the last update from PBS posed on FB last night -

A joint statement will be released tomorrow in regards to the "Bigfoot shot in PA rumor." One of the investigators on the case has a meeting with an officer from the municipal police department. Some very interesting information was shared with us today that confirms my thoughts. Details to be released tomorrow evening.

www.facebook.com...
www.pabigfootsociety.com...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Looks like they shot a man in a camo suit and they have to wait to realese the info. Probably waiting until authorities are done with the investigation would be my guess.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

does anyone have a picture of this or is it just a story

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Natecoates

So far this is only a story with rumor and speculation.

Thank you as well watchd0g! I can't check out the facebook page because it is blocked here in the office but I'll certainly hit it tonight when I get home.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Ok short bus. Let me make this clear for you. I do not drive a car. I ride a bicycle. Do you even have mirror in your house? Look in it sometime while reading your reply above.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I was much more intrigued with this story when I thought PBS was Public Broadcasting System. Now that I know it's Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society, i'm more interested in the Bigfoot twitter feed and the Harlem Shake.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I live about 2 1/2 hours from there and there are wooded mountains all around Altoona and it's much more remote further north above I-80. Clearfield is just south of I-80

Anyways, I checked the Altoona area TV and newspapers and found no mention of a Bigfoot encounter.
Seems if this was true it would be a big story with a news starved local reporter looking for that sensational national story to attach their byline to.

edit on 16-5-2013 by Archaeus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sasquatch is one of my primary interests, and this was the case long before I had a lucky encounter of my own. And since I have an interest in the subject, I perform research both in the office and in the field, attempting to gather evidence and piece together the characteristics of these animals. I am mostly interested in their behavior, and it is in this area that I believe I have the greatest understanding. There are actually some very compelling reasons, that I have seen, to account for the elusiveness of these animals, as well as for the fact that much of the video evidence is not that great. Most people do not realize the sheer volume of sasquatch video material exists in this world, most of it in the United States.

The best visual evidence is, unfortunately, in private hands, but there is still a considerable volume of open source evidence available for analysis. Spotting a hoax is something that becomes easier with time and more importantly, understanding. There are a handful of aspects that one can analyze in any video depicting a possible sasquatch that are next to impossible to fake. Anything almost can be faked with enough money, but the majority of hoaxers out there do not posses these types of funds, and this shows in their videos as they are usually not good enough to fool someone educated on the subject. Many people talk about the blurry videos of sasquatch and assume that makes them fake, which is sometimes the case, but often they are wrong. There is a reason for this, and it has to do both with the technical capabilities of consumer grade camcorders, as well as the behavior of these animals, who are not apt to let a person get very close if they can help it.

I just wanted to present the reader with a bit of background information regarding these animals, as well as the fact that I personally know them to be real. I am not assuming or guessing this is the case...I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt. And there are THOUSANDS, literally, of people who will tell you the same thing. So please, dismiss this notion that witnesses are mistaken or hoaxers, because this is not the case.

Now, regarding the topic at hand. There have been multiple cases of sasquatch shootings, allegedly. I have opinions only regarding these cases, since I was not present at any such shooting. The most recent, and only case to have any credibility, was the case of Justin Smeja, who supposedly shot and killed multiple sasquatch while out bear hunting with a friend. He has given interviews and answered questions, but there was not any physical evidence taken from the site of the shooting on the day the shooting occurred. Apparently this man was quite frightened after realizing what he had done, and thus did not retrieve any physical evidence. However, many researchers returned to the site many months later, and supposedly there was a piece of flesh retrieved.

However it was not known if it was from a sasquatch. The DNA study conducted by Dr. Ketchum and others was recently released, and confirmed the existence of sasquatch through these DNA studies. The sample that was retrieved from the site of the shooting was included in the study. That is all I know. The results of the study are in doubt, and I have refrained from participating in that argument. I read the results personally and I was rather excited, but I admit I do not know enough about DNA to know if the methods utilized were sound. There is a study going on now at Oxford University, and their findings may possibly confirm the Ketchum study findings, or who knows what they may conclude.

So the notion of shooting a sasquatch is an old one, with many cases happening supposedly in the 19th century and early 20th century. I will say that this is one of the easier hoaxes to pull off, and the hoaxer may be able to string everyone along by not producing a "body." There are also cases of certain government departments confiscating bodies, usually animal related agencies, although they were usually present at the site of the body much earlier in the process. There is no direct evidence to confirm this, only anectdotal evidence, but I personally find this believable, in that there are very good reasons for certain agencies to want to learn about these animals before they confirm their existence. And contrary to popular belief, science is not really out there attempting to document sasquatch. In the cases where science is trying, they are going about it all wrong, as are most researchers, including the guys from Finding Bigfoot, lol.

So how do we determine whether this case is authentic? We wait for a body. I don't care what is said, without a body none of it matters. If it is confiscated, it is not worth debating. It WILL take a type specimen to prove sasquatch's existence, and this is the bottom line. That is something I have learned throughout my research. Nothing but a body will suffice as proof of the existence of bigfoot.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join