It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Bigfoot Shooting in Pennsylvania

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

A bigfoot being shot IMO would be so HUGE, I can only imagine that the news would travel much more quickly than what I am being presented in this claim.....
Unless big Gov. got in there first to remove it. We wouldn’t want to scare the masses now, would we? If Biggy footy is real, than people will start to think that aliens are real, AND we wouldn’t want to have that now.

Americans love their little bubbles they live in. Throwing biggy footy in their world would throw a lot of people into a scare..

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
If it is confirmed that a Bigfoot was shot, then I hope legal action ensues. If the animal was killed, murder charges and if not attempted murder charges.

Eat what you kill or do not kill it.

You ever had a bug splat on your windshield? Did you notify rhe aurhoriries? Did you eat the bug? Maybe we should try you with manslaughter.

Im pretty sure theres no law that regulates bigfoot hunting. Now if a future law were to be created, that would be a different story. But you would seriously have this person locked up for murder to serve a life sentence over killing something that as far as we know shouldnt even exist? I think your compassionate stance of "eat it if you kill it" might have just canceled itself out. Its a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf

This is unconfirmed at the moment and we're still trying to figure out what exactly transpired here. According to our source, PBS is looking into a possible shooting of Bigfoot somewhere in Pennsylvania. "It has been all over the police scanner in the area," our source tells us, but he will not confirm the exact location.

Source

Hmm, this could be interesting. Don't suppose we've got any members in the area who could look into it, do we? The police scanner thing makes me a little less skeptical than usual, and it helps that Rick Dyer's name isn't anywhere near this for a change.

Great "Beef Jerky" commercial !

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I read a story once about a man who was a abducted by sasquatch and taken to its home. Underground. Silly story most likely, but to give some folks insight into the personalities of sasquatch (at least how they're reported).
Dude stayed in this sasqutch cavern for a day and a half. The squatch was very inquisitive about his clothes, pointed out his hair with great interest (tussled the guy's hair), and was showing his culture off to the guy (things made from twigs and the like as decorative ornamental trinkets). The guy escaped when the papa squatch took an interest in the man's copenheigen. He showed squatch how o take a dip and squatch got sick when he swallowed it. The other two squatches (momma and adolescent daughter) showed great fear of the guy and he took off.

If there is any truth to stories like that, there is little doubt they are a sub species of modern human and need to be vigorously protected and avoided.
ETA: Shows like Finding Bigfoot take a completely wrongheaded approach to actually locating Bigfoot. They arre not nocturnal. They keep underground at night, for the most part. They aren't stupid, they are not fooled by your vocalchords trying to imitate their yells.
edit on 15-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
I have talked to a Sasquatch in Oregon, and I am under the impression that shooting one would be murder. I believe there is more than one type and they may be as distant cousins as we are to gorillas, either way, shooting one is wrong unless it is self defense. By now we should know that we have no need to fear them.

So what did you and the Sasquatch discuss? Did he have an accent and was he well groomed? Inquiring minds would like to know.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enzo954

I have talked to a Sasquatch in Oregon, and I am under the impression that shooting one would be murder. I believe there is more than one type and they may be as distant cousins as we are to gorillas, either way, shooting one is wrong unless it is self defense. By now we should know that we have no need to fear them.

So what did you and the Sasquatch discuss? Did he have an accent and was he well groomed? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I can't speak for this fellow, but I had a sasquatch (or as he preferred them to be called "Quatch") visit my home nearly every week for 4 years. I taught him to operate a riding lawn mower and we did extensive landscaping during my time with him. This was when I lived in Oregon. A few things I learned

-Sasquatches speak two languages, English, and Quatchanese
-They live in Hurpas (groups of 7-11), and have multiple mates and children at a time
-They do not have individuals names, rather use grunting noises to call for each other. To this day, I do not know the name of my loyal Quatch friend
- They try to keep up with modern traditions and culture. My Quatch knew about Twitter and even knew the Harlem Shake
- My Quatch had a gruff voice and a bit of a southern accent
-They like humans, but with all of the "Bigfoot" buzz, they would rather stay hidden in the forrest and their underground lairs.
-I'm not for certain, but my Quatch gave me vague hints that Quatches have massive underground cities with networks around the world. This was something he did not want to talk about
-Quatches prefer to cook their meat, and grow their own crops, but with humans taking most of the land they do resort to stealing our crops from time to time

That's the main points. Any questions please let me know. I love to talk about Quatches, and my time with one will never be forgotten

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yyzyyz123

.... k. You keep telling your self cougars are panthers, and that a bigfoot wouldn't be more exciting....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Jeez, guys, they prefer to be called Italians, you racist #s.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by ShadeWolf

, the big question should be WHY did the man shoot it ,
i have never understood why americans feel a need to go into the woods to find things to kill .
it's not because he wanted to feed his family with it , is it ?

Where did Americans come from? Pretty sure we are your ancestors. Don't be ashamed of your distant cousins. Grow some balls and grab a gun and join us!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I suppose somehow there will be a new bill introduced into congress to take away guns from hunters since someone shot a bigfoot.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kreyvic

Far as I know, turkey hunters tend to use significantly heavier loads than you'd use for waterfowl. Think 3 1/2 inch magnum shells loaded with #4 buckshot and a full choke. Sure, it's not as hard-hitting as a rifle or even straight 00 buck, but with a full choke you're looking at much tighter patterns, which at close ranges will give you a "rat-hole" effect on the target.

Anyways, on the squatchier side of things, here's the latest update on this case, with a statement from the head of the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society.

OK. So, here's the latest update regarding the purported Bigfoot shooting that took place on Tuesday. This event was supposedly overheard on a ham radio and relayed to numerous investigators in the "Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society" Bigfoot research group. Based on this latest statement from PBS president Eric Altman, the group appears to have some level of success getting to the bottom of things. They have been in touch with city authorities and his group will be releasing a statement tomorrow:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

That's a joke.....right?

This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time, I worry a little about some of the members but it's still funny stuff.

I hope Bigfoot is okay, hopefully he was only winged.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Sounds like they're calling it bogus.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I didn't ask you. You must be OK with the slaughter of African Apes and Rhino for their body parts. And I do not kill bugs, spiders, ants, etc. When I discover poisonous snakes in my yard, they are removed and relocated and not killed.

If you are not going to eat it, then you have no right to kill it. But if you are being attacked, that is a special circumstance and self defense applies.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Who's to say we deserve to decide who has the right to be "hunted" or treated like a sub-par species?

Every animal thinks every other animal is a "sub par" species. Were not better than worms. Were just different. Superiority is subjective.

What makes us so special? Are we not also "animals"? Do we not also have animal instincts? What makes us so more evolved? My guess is they have been here a lot longer than we have. Try to show a little humility at the unknown and respect that which you know is there but don't understand. We are all after greater understanding.

Animals kill animals of other species. We think its okay to kill coyotes but not okay to kill humans. Dont you know the coyotes think its okay to kill humans, but not okay to kill coyotes? I like to think outside the box and say, its okay to kill anything. I think this is the fairest approach.

I love animals. I like to watch them- to learn about them- to spend time with them. But I also like to eat them. Sufferring sometimes happens for another's pleasure. Real compassion is the ability to observe both in a situation. For some, it doesnt matter how the family of chickens felt when they ate their mother. Not as long as their belly was full afterwards. For anyone who believes in unity through compassion, it should matter.

Its okay to kill. We have to do it. Its even just as okay to kill a human. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't take into consideration the pain that it causes others. Personally, I wouldnt kill a human. I know the pain other humans would go through much more than I know the pain other animals suffer, so my compassion would bring me too much to bare.

Supporting the imprisonment of murderers is hypocritical. The justice system is hypocritical in more ways than one.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I didn't ask you. You must be OK with the slaughter of African Apes and Rhino for their body parts. And I do not kill bugs, spiders, ants, etc. When I discover poisonous snakes in my yard, they are removed and relocated and not killed.

If you are not going to eat it, then you have no right to kill it. But if you are being attacked, that is a special circumstance and self defense applies.
So youre saying you dont drive a car or are you saying you eat bugs off your windshield? And yes, a prius is a car. Or are you a hypocrite? Which one? Or are you going to make up a ridiculous special circumstance to justify your position? Something like, "its okay to kill bugs in a car, but you should watch where you step on foot". Or are you just going to continue on being all emotional, throwing a temper tantrum like a child who doesnt get her way?

My guess is youll do that second to last one. Thats what most people who have ridiculous ideals usually do. Throwing a childish temper tantrum isnt going to be a good defense in court when they try you for involuntary bugslaughter.
edit on 16-5-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I have to agree that if a bigfoot was killed it would be a heinous crime committed. If I shoot a bald eagle- a bird, that can easily be seen at a zoo- would I not go to jail? It has to be an endangered species(bigfoot).

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by burnett662

sure would make a great resume lmao

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This has to be one of the strangest threads I've seen on here for a while.

lolwuttermelons - you need to write a comedy of some kind. I would read it

I'm calling BS on this OP story, nothing to back it up at all so far.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

So youre saying you dont drive a car or are you saying you eat bugs off your windshield? And yes, a prius is a car. Or are you a hypocrite? Which one? Or are you going to make up a ridiculous special circumstance to justify your position? Something like, "its okay to kill bugs in a car, but you should watch where you step on foot". Or are you just going to continue on being all emotional, throwing a temper tantrum like a child who doesnt get her way?

My guess is youll do that second to last one. Thats what most people who have ridiculous ideals usually do. Throwing a childish temper tantrum isnt going to be a good defense in court when they try you for involuntary bugslaughter.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about WILLINGLY killing something. You can't really help it if a bug smashes into your windshield, it's not like you can swerve and avoid it, you don't have a choice. They were talking about CHOOSING to kill something for basically no reason.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join