It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Bigfoot Shooting in Pennsylvania

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
I thought Bigfoot country was California/Oregon?

What did he do, fly there?

Wow are you behind on your reading! Big fellas have been seen in every state except Hawaii.
Does this meanI you've never heard of the Abominable Snowman either.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

Latest update I am seeing is Blair County outside of Altoona. This is 1.5hrs away from I believe, right by State College right?

State college is a lot farther than Clearfield for me. All I am basing my comments on is the original linked article about it being shot in Clearfield. I don't go East very much so I actually pulled up a map to see how far it was from my location.

I appears that the story is changing and taking on a life of it's own if you ask me......

All I can say that if someone shoots and albino deer during deer season, it usually hits the news in at least a 4 county area.

A bigfoot being shot IMO would be so HUGE, I can only imagine that the news would travel much more quickly than what I am being presented in this claim.....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Maybe it was trying to kill the man??

Who knows, at the end of the day, if these things are real they are just glorified Gorillas, go walk into a (wild) gorillas territory and see what it does. Hint, you wont get a hug and a pat on the back...

Neither would you get very hurt, although you'd need some new pants after a big one ran up to you and roared and beat its chest. I don't know if gorillas have ever killed or badly hurt a human who came up upon them, although I may be wrong.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I have just read some opinion's on this matter and they absolutely appal me, if this has happened and A genuine sasquatch has been killed then the following criteria need to be considered.

1. intelligent enough to avoid human's until now.
2. humanoid maybe even human subspecies that if genetic testing confirms then I would want and demand from an international perspective that a murder trial be convened.
3. If as some claim they can talk or another they have tribal structure then human link is even more likely.
4. are there any valid account's of sasquatch killing humans, whom is the dangerous and predatory species here.
5. the rarity of sighting's mean's this should be classified as a protected species due to obvious low numbers.
6 and you wonder why alien intelligence has not made open contact.

I certainly hope and believe it is not true but if it is then it was inevitable as human's encroach on it's habitat and that is assuming the species is even real, I'd be leery of walking around with my shirt off in case some dick head shot me thinking I was a sasquatch.
edit on 15-5-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

6 and you wonder why alien intelligence has not made open contact.

Number six pretty much says it all! Star to you for that one!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

why so surprised? there are even bigfoot sightings in Illinois...

I suspect those things are excellent swimmers

edit on 15-5-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Can you make a new thread after they do testing and find out that it is a regular animal.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I live about the same distance and have heard nothing. I agree with you. Male cow feces.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Not that I disagree with your perspective, but...

2. humanoid maybe even human subspecies that if genetic testing confirms then I would want and demand from an international perspective that a murder trial be convened.

...calling for a murder trial for an act committed before any of those facts are known in equal to saying that all whaling industry folk ought to be charged with murder, if and when whales are proven to be as intelligent as us. Or dolphins. Or rats. Or crows.

You can't fault a turkey hunter who shoots out of fear/instinct, but once sasquatch is established as protected then you can. No law protecting sasquatch, no law broken, no murder charge.
edit on 15-5-2013 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Of course they shot it, dummies!

Really hope they didn't kill the poor samsquamtch.

Wouldn't bigfoot be classified automatically as an endangered species, given how rare they are? Then, wouldn't it be illegal to shoot one of these endangered species?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

All good points but I was advised today that they are inner-dimentional (not hyper, I did verify that) and magical. Although I was trying to understand what was meant by magical but to no avail. I was also advised we don't see them after they died because they dematerialize because they aren't from this dimension!
Well #! That explains everything!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
I was trying to understand what was meant by magical but to no avail.

The same as these.... www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
First I hope they applied for there Big Foot hunting license, I guess Matt Moneymaker got busted on this since he did not have his license

2Nd did they shoot it to get the reward of 1 million dollars

/

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER
Wouldn't bigfoot be classified automatically as an endangered species, given how rare they are? Then, wouldn't it be illegal to shoot one of these endangered species?

Takes a lot of paperwork to classify something as an endangered species. Besides, how do you know they're rare? They could be elusive, but there might be quite a few of them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is horrible! I used to have a sasquatch help me mow the lawn for 4 years. They are a gentle species and want to co-exist with us. Please stop hunting them for sport. They aer really just hairy people, with their own language and emotions. Once you get to know one, they are a friend for life. Just don't let them try coffee.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

thats where they are located the most prevalently and where the most dense forests are. however there are reports from nearly every state in the USA

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

If you ask all the native american tribes they will tell you bigfoot is not an "animal" as you put it, but another tribe of people, perhaps a lost tribe. either way, they believe bigfoot to be highly spiritual, and some tribes even believe if a bigfoot body is discovered and revealed to the public that means things have gotten so crazy that the world is coming to an end.

interesting way to look at it but honestly we all share this planet together, what makes you better than it? we stood on the backs of others who invented great things and allowed us to progress to where we are, and if bigfoots exists, which i believe they do, perhaps a combination of how they are built and how they evolved has led them to living in the wild, away from the potential capacity of destructiveness and evil humans as a whole possess. Inherently we are all good at heart, if we arent sociopaths, some of us just lose our way.

Who's to say we deserve to decide who has the right to be "hunted" or treated like a sub-par species? What makes us so special? Are we not also "animals"? Do we not also have animal instincts? What makes us so more evolved? My guess is they have been here a lot longer than we have. Try to show a little humility at the unknown and respect that which you know is there but don't understand. We are all after greater understanding.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

I don't turkey hunt ,but i would think shotgun loaded with turkey shot would be pretty ineffective against Bigfoot unless it was a point blank shot to the head.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Maybe it was trying to kill the man??

Who knows, at the end of the day, if these things are real they are just glorified Gorillas, go walk into a (wild) gorillas territory and see what it does. Hint, you wont get a hug and a pat on the back...

Neither would you get very hurt, although you'd need some new pants after a big one ran up to you and roared and beat its chest. I don't know if gorillas have ever killed or badly hurt a human who came up upon them, although I may be wrong.

All wild animals are extremely dangerous and can be a threat to humans, or anything else intruding into their territory. Encountering a very territorial Alpha Gorilla would almost certainly be bad news for you.

Encountered in the wild, the gorilla will create an 'imaginary line' between themselves and the intruder. The closer the intruder gets to the line, the more agitated the gorilla will become. Once the gorilla feels the intruder is a real threat to their territory, or their pack, they will charge, as we've probably all see on TV, and stop just shy of the person.

These actions are intended to, 1st, scare away the intruder, and, 2nd, to assess how the intruder stacks up - the gorilla is sizing the intruder up, to help him decide whether an attack can be successful.

If the gorilla senses fear, it will probably attack. The gorilla will charge again, but will not stop short of the intruder. It will leap toward the intruder, trusting that it's weight will knock them to the ground. Once on the ground, the gorilla will begin the 'fight'.

As the intruder lays on the ground, the gorilla will begin pounding on the face/head/throat, inflicting as much trauma as possible in the least amout of blows, potentially crushing the victim's skull.

Pounding on the face/head/throat may also be accompanied by intense pounding on the intruder's chest/stomache area.

If the gorilla feels that these tactics are not being as successful as desired, it will begin biting the intruder. Generally, the gorilla will bite off the fingers/hands or toes/feet first. Next, if the attack continues, the gorilla will bite off the nose and ears of the intruder.

If the attack is being performed by the Alpha Male, initially the intruder will only be attacked by that one gorilla. The lower ranking males do not want the Alpha to feel they are challenging him, so they wait until the Alpha has dominated the attack, then they will join in.

They do not do this for food, it is done for territorial domination. The lower males join in to show-off and to acknowledge their position in the troupe.

Gorilla attacks are some of the most brutal and disturbing attacks found in the wild.

The victims are not only found with their toes/feet and fingers/hands bit completely off, they are almost always found with their faces chewed completely off as well. In more severe attacks, disemboweled corpses are routine.

edit on 15-5-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
chewt em fred chewt em.

Ya, i dont expect this to turn out any more real than then one
that had the big foot in his freezer... that turned out to be a made up
costume.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join