It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Fruits of Obama: Presidential Scandals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It seems that every time I turn around I hear or see a new scandal involving President Obama, or his staff. It didn't begin with Benghazi, or 'Fast & Furious', it began before that....

I am not the most informed individual when it comes to politics and that's some of the reason why I am creating this thread. I know the ATS membership is stacked deep with knowledge and I know the members are willing to work together to draw a clear picture when an issue is fuzzy and out of focus in other sources.

I don't know all of the issues that have been debated during Obama's presidency, I do know there is a lot of them.

Some of the issues were questionable and may or may not have held truth, some issues are character & agenda related, others involved death and cover-up, gun running, and behavior generally associated with tyrannical rulers.

There are threads, dating to the beginning of Obama's first term, all over ATS that focus on these specific issues. It is hard for me to find some of the problems, since I don't recall all the different situations that have gone on over the past several years.

I'd like for you to please post any issues related to Obama's presidency in this thread. Hopefully we can use it as a cheat sheet to quickly identify all the different scandals we have been dragged through.

I'll start with a couple of issues that have fallen off the radar, supplanted by new and more serious situations:

1. The Birther Debate
Not much more to say here, as, by now, we all know just how divisive this topic is. Whether there is substance to the claims of Obama's ineligibility to hold the Office of the United States of America President or not, there is no denying that this issue lingered around the president like a dark storm cloud, just waiting to unleash it's wrath.

2. Rev Jeremiah Wright
As with the birther debate, there is not much more to add here. I am mentioning it because it is something I feel most people have forgotten about. It was a mess and shook the trust of many loyal Obama supporters.

There are many others and I hope you will take a moment of your time and add those that have yet to be listed. I can think of a couple others, but I do not know the specifics. I am trusting that a fellow ATS member can provide better information and description of scenarios such as Benghazi and Fast/Furious.

edit on 14-5-2013 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The most amazing thing to me is how this guy has piled up so many controversies in just over 4 years. I keep picturing the end of the movie Scarface when no matter how many times Al Pacino was hit he just wouldn't go down.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Transparency
I thought that any bill that he signed was suppposed to be posted on line for the public to read so many days before he signed. Whatever came of that?

Great post by the way.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

I agree, that's really why I wanted to put this here. I know there are so many different situations surrounding the President while he's been in office that it is hard to keep track.

I mentioned above about how ATS members have crazy knowledge about every single incident, I just hope they will share what they can recall. If everyone does that, we may be able to assemble a list of all the incidents that have taken place throughout his time in office.

I think a numbered list of all those things put together is something we will all be shocked to see.

If members begin to add to the list, I will try to put them in chronological order and list the outcome of each individual event.

reply to post by Martin75

This is one I don't know much about. I am not sure what the issue was, really. The bills he said would be available to review before he signed them were not made available? That would clearly be deceptive behavior, but that is like a birthday present compared to some of the things I've been hearing about lately. I think there is probably a lot more to it than what I imagine.

It's been 1 thing after another from when he set foot in the White House for the 1st time as POTUS.
edit on 14-5-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Jon Corizine Obama bundler who stole 1 billion dollars.

Obama's campaign donations investigations

Bill Ayres, and the Weathermen

Pigford scandal

Obamacare

Fast and Furious

Benghazi

Ap scandal

Irs investigations in to conservatives.

Blago

Forgetting some still 'scandal' iis Obama's middle name it ain't Hussein.

edit on 14-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

neo!

Thanks for that quick shot in the arm! Even with that list, I am sure there are many others that have yet to be mentioned. I hope members continue to add their thoughts, even if they don't know the exact specifics, it can definitely refresh our memories.

I'll work on identifying the chronology and details of these events, but I'm not a computer whiz, so it may take a bit.

edit on 14-5-2013 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Does anyone know where Obama came from? Does anyone know where he spent his time before he became a Senator? Lots of shady stories, but no facts. The only thing that we can reasonably nail down is that he grew up surrounded by people who were involved with the CIA, MI6 and his step dad, Sotero, was an Indonesian intel officer who did dirty work for the CIA.

So whatever Obama is the CIA knows.

And do you remember old man Bush's "thousand points of light" speeches? He talked a lot about community organizations and organizers in those speeches. I promise you that Bush can tell you stories about Barry's childhood. Bush was director of the CIA & CFR. He knows where Obama came from and he knows where Obama is going.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nobeattles

At this point I wouldn't be suprised to learn that Obama was grown in a laboratory or that there are hundreds more 'Barry's' in cold-storage deep in a government warehouse!

Maybe it's all the same person, they just transfer their personality into a new body in order to remain cloaked... something like the movie, 'Being John Malkovich'... "Malkovich?" "Malkovich Malkovich." Malkovich, "Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich." "Malkovich Malkovich." "Malkovich." Malkovich, "Malkovich!"

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BeanPoleKitten

Do not go poisoning the well with outrageous tales. That is a CIA tactic to make the truth look ridiculous.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

The two "issues" you pointed out are completely manufactured "scandals". Just like many of the scandals that the hard core right has levied against this president. There are some that are true issues that this administration has either flubbed or has done something that isn't right. but many of these scandals are just his detractors throwing poo at the wall to see what sticks.

reply to post by Martin75

Transparency
I thought that any bill that he signed was suppposed to be posted on line for the public to read so many days before he signed. Whatever came of that?

thomas.loc.gov...

There it is. Every single bill in congress, online, step by step, so you can read it.

Oh, was he supposed to hand deliver it to every single American and personally read it to them?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nobeattles

Originally posted by nobeattles
Do not go poisoning the well with outrageous tales.

The well was poisoned with outrageous tales a LONG time ago.

From the time Obama announced his candidacy in 2007 to today, his opponents have been manufacturing outrageous claims and charges against him, the vast majority of which have been proven to be absolutely false or with no basis in fact. After hearing and examining so many of these "stories" myself, only to find that they're not true, I must admit, they just don't carry the weight they used to with me. I'm less and less interested in delving into them because SO MANY in the past have proven to be no more than suspicions of a resentful and angry minority who simply cannot stand the fact that the nation voted Obama into office... Twice.

Every week, there's a new "scandal". I used to get very concerned and start my research right away, to see if it was true! I doubted my judgments and wondered if I had been hoodwinked. But upon researching it, I find that it's either another exaggerated and manipulated "story" or that it's not unique to this president at all. These days, when I hear of a new scandal, I just roll my eyes and move on.

That doesn't mean Obama is innocent. He's a politician and a president. But holding him accountable for actions that many other presidents have done before him (without one mention from these rumor mongers) kind of makes it clear that he's being held to a MUCH higher standard than those before him...

That's the danger of crying "wolf". For years. When something real DOES come up, people simply aren't interested anymore.

You can make a list of scandalous charges against Obama. That would be a long, long list. But the ridiculousness of the vast majority of them makes it clear that this well was poisoned years ago.
And Obama's opponents only have themselves to blame for that.
edit on 5/15/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Manufactured? Rev Wright was a manufactured relationship, or everything said about the Rev was lies? The issues with Wright are very real, as is/was the relationship between him, his church, and Barack Obama.

As far as the 'birther' issue, it has never been proven, definitively, one way or the other. Even though it could be 100% FALSE, the association between Obama and the scandal is relevant in this list/discussion.

The fact that there is a link between the POTUS and the Birther Debate is relevant in that the association - whether factual or not - damages public trust.

It is just one issue of many that have been swarming Obama since he entered his first term as POTUS. That's really what I intended this thread to be, a list of ALL scandals related to Obama and his administration.

I wouldn't want to have completely baseless and bogus events included in the list. I'd like to see all the truly plausible events, those that captured the nation's attention in a serious way, listed.

Hopefully I can find all the relevant and separate incidents, then list them in a chronological timeline, beginning at or before his inaugural campaign to the present day.

I mentioned above that I am no computer whiz, so if anyone can let me know the best way to create such a timeline, I would appreciate it. You can either post your suggestions here or U2U me...

(ATS should change the U2U messaging system to U@U,
seems I always end up typing it that way anyway.)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There are many little scandals with Obama that are outside of the mainstream ones. Not anything overtly sinister but fun to talk about nonetheless.

Here's one that fits right in with Obama's criticizing of Romney and tax shelters.

President Obama and his wife, Michele, gave a total of $48,000 in tax-free gifts to their daughters, according to tax records made public on Friday.

The president and his wife separately gave each daughter a $12,000 gift under a section of the federal tax code that exempts such donations from federal taxes.

freebeacon.com...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Manufactured? Rev Wright was a manufactured relationship, or everything said about the Rev was lies? The issues with Wright are very real, as is/was the relationship between him, his church, and Barack Obama.

All it was, was manufactured outrage. They took a clip, out of context, then painted Rev. Wright as some anti American idiot. and the right wing slopped it up like tripe.

As far as the 'birther' issue, it has never been proven, definitively, one way or the other. Even though it could be 100% FALSE, the association between Obama and the scandal is relevant in this list/discussion.

Actually, it has been proven definitively that Obama was born in Hawaii. It's been done. There's nothing there. All it does is make everything else you want to pin on Obama look foolish, and it hurts your position.

Here, let O'Reilly tell you himself.

But hey, least I can post this video I made so, thank you.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Not sure how you can take that Rev. Wright spiel out of context.

Its pretty plain to understand.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
As far as the 'birther' issue, it has never been proven, definitively, one way or the other.

It has been proven, with birfers losing every single court case they have attempted, over 200 of them.... with President Obama serving 1 4 year term, and he has started his 2nd 4 year term how can you claim it has not been proven?

Even though it could be 100% FALSE, the association between Obama and the scandal is relevant in this list/discussion.

It is 100% false, but as this thread is just made up silly nonsense I suppose the birfer nonsense fits right in!

The fact that there is a link between the POTUS and the Birther Debate is relevant in that the association - whether factual or not - damages public trust.

No, it just shows how far some racists will go to attack a black President. Other Obama haters just follow the bandwagon.

I wouldn't want to have completely baseless and bogus events included in the list

That is all your list has....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There are plenty of legitimate lies to nail Obama on without resorting to the birther argument.

If that's what your looking for that is.

new topics

top topics

join