It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get READY...Insurers predict 100% to 400% Obamacare rate explosion !!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
My health insurance rate has already surpassed it's usefulness to me. For my monthly premium, I'd be better off paying out of pocket for any expense I'd incur, shy of a hospital stay.

I thought the same way until my daughter got sick and I got hit with a $30,000 bill. I certainly haven't paid that much in premiums for her over the past 6 years. Luckily I had insurance that covered $27,000 of it or I'd be selling some things.

I wish I wasn't so responsible sometimes! FOR REAL! I wish I could throw my hands up and shrug bills off like so many others do. I used to think being responsible was a great trait but I'm beginning to think its a curse!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm an RN and work in regulations, Joint Commission stuff etc. I could see this coming, like you guys did, when it started.

I wonder how this is going to mix with the financial crash and hyperinflation that's coming very very soon (before the next two years are up, if we are lucky to have that long to get ready for it).

The financial crash will be so loud Obamacare will be the last of our worries. Survival will be our main concern.

Get ready.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Then why the hell do insurance premiums go up substantially each year?

1. Regulation
2. Currency devaluation/inflation
3. Malpractice insurance.

Insurance companies are the biggest racket in the states.

And no Government has the biggest racket in the world

edit on 15-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

You are mostly wrong on all counts. There is little meaningful regulation of the medical profession, inflation in america is very minor compared to other countries and malpractice insurance means there are too many dumbass doctors who deserve to get sued.

The last part you are mostly correct though. The central bankers and bilderbergers have infiltrated the government from day one and screw the system blind. But the average bondholder shouldn't complain because they get nice interest payments before the bonds mature.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am still trying to understand why we need insurance in the first place... maybe health care should not be as expensive as it is.. maybe work out a payment plan with your doctor or hospital... get rid of the middle man.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

My health insurance rate has already surpassed it's usefulness to me. For my monthly premium, I'd be better off paying out of pocket for any expense I'd incur, shy of a hospital stay.

I thought the same way until my daughter got sick and I got hit with a $30,000 bill. I certainly haven't paid that much in premiums for her over the past 6 years. Luckily I had insurance that covered $27,000 of it or I'd be selling some things.

I wish I wasn't so responsible sometimes! FOR REAL! I wish I could throw my hands up and shrug bills off like so many others do. I used to think being responsible was a great trait but I'm beginning to think its a curse!

how responsible can you be, when the only job you have been able to find in months, is a minimum wage, part time, no benefits, job....oh, that's right, only stupid and lazy people have those type of jobs, right? and if they can't afford the private insurance premiums, oh well, tough luck, just get sick and die.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

how responsible can you be, when the only job you have been able to find in months, is a minimum wage, part time, no benefits, job....oh, that's right, only stupid and lazy people have those type of jobs, right?

Right!

That is a generalization but many people making minimum wage fit the bill.

and if they can't afford the private insurance premiums, oh well, tough luck, just get sick and die.

My employer pays 90% of my insurance premium! Find a good job! Perks like that come with a good job!

BTW - That person you speak of could also join the military and put himself through college like I did. Hard work never hurt anybody. There are options but you can't be picky.

edit on 15-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Not everyone works in unionised jobs and not everyone is a white collar professional. A lot of people do work minimum wage jobs and they can barely afford to live in a trailer park eating sandwiches and walking to work or taking the bus.

Last time I heard 30% could NOT afford ANY BASIC healthcare plan. That is about 100 million americans who are either on welfare or pay healtcare out of their pocket(god forbid they ever get really sick and die).

Compounded "mistakes" lead to disaster. Conservatives just don't care and many work for the government anyway.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My opinion, it will last about 4-5 years before there is complete revolt and repeal of this fiasco. Some people simply will not buy it, and others will not be able to afford it. And when taxes pay for it and go up, there will be a cry nationwide that Will be heard by everyone. 7000 pages folks, you could of said it all in two pages....... yea really.!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I think there is $100 a month for a single male, catastrophic insurance with a 30% co-pay, but if it increases like they are talking about it's almost more affordable to pay the penalty for not having health insurance, or just play the poor-man role.

It makes me sad to see this happening in the USA.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by burdman30ott6

This was absolutely a bailout for the health insurance companies and may represent the most regressive policy of "trickle up" wealth redistribution ever enacted within this country's borders.

I think this was the kiss of death for the insurance companies. Who in the hell will be able to afford premiums after these policies take full effect?

It IS “trickle up wealth redistribution” but you’ve fingered the wrong perp!

Would agree IF the individual mandate had already existed before these rate increases and regulatory pricing spikes too effect. The problem with exonerating the insurance companies over this is that it neglects to take into consideration the low threshold between qualifying for the government plan and being forced to buy private insurance. The threshold right now is such that most working people won't qualify for many federal breaks and will be forced to purchase private insurance. Those who are in the lower tier and must have their insurance provided by Big Brother don't have insurance right now as it is.

The insurance companies will make a lot more money here, even when you consider the potential losses associated with being forced to insure previously existing conditions. What's more, the whole medical system will be so overtaxed and overstressed between the influx of new (previously uninsured) patients and the huge stampede of doctors who are planning to take down their shingle, that the insurance comapnies will basically be taking in 100-400% more money while paying for a fraction of the previous number of procedures and office visits. Insurance company income will skyrocket and expenditures will go deep sea diving... if that isn't a recipe for huge insurance company profit margins, what is?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Would agree IF the individual mandate had already existed before these rate increases and regulatory pricing spikes too effect. The problem with exonerating the insurance companies over this is that it neglects to take into consideration the low threshold between qualifying for the government plan and being forced to buy private insurance. The threshold right now is such that most working people won't qualify for many federal breaks and will be forced to purchase private insurance. Those who are in the lower tier and must have their insurance provided by Big Brother don't have insurance right now as it is.

The insurance companies will make a lot more money here, even when you consider the potential losses associated with being forced to insure previously existing conditions. What's more, the whole medical system will be so overtaxed and overstressed between the influx of new (previously uninsured) patients and the huge stampede of doctors who are planning to take down their shingle, that the insurance comapnies will basically be taking in 100-400% more money while paying for a fraction of the previous number of procedures and office visits. Insurance company income will skyrocket and expenditures will go deep sea diving... if that isn't a recipe for huge insurance company profit margins, what is?

What it will do is force THOUSANDS into homelessness, then THAT will cause mega problems. You can do the live in car, for a little while and keep a job, varies on region, but with the anti homeless laws now, it only means more people getting locked up...what I'm interested is how this will impact the REALTOR market? There's no way most barely making rent or mortgage as it is now, will be able to do so with forced insurance. From what I heard on one report, the IRS isn't going to garnish, but I beg to differ, I think they will. Some of these rates some have quoted here, don't Know where they getting them, the Cheapest with high deduct and very high co pays in our state, is 800.oo a Month. I guess, people could do it, if they can survive without eating...
edit on Wed May 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Not everyone works in unionised jobs and not everyone is a white collar professional. A lot of people do work minimum wage jobs and they can barely afford to live in a trailer park eating sandwiches and walking to work or taking the bus.

Minimum wage is for beginners. Anybody with a good work ethic and common sense can work their way up in no time. If you’re a job-hopper or dumber than a box of rocks then I don’t know what to tell you…I guess you’re doomed to scrape by on minimum wage.

Last time I heard 30% could NOT afford ANY BASIC healthcare plan. That is about 100 million americans who are either on welfare or pay healtcare out of their pocket(god forbid they ever get really sick and die).

Many of those people chose not to get insurance and simply don’t pay their hospital bills when they get treatment! That’s one reason prices are so damn high! Responsible people pay 2-3 times as much because 100,000,000 make excuses about why they can’t pay.

Compounded "mistakes" lead to disaster. Conservatives just don't care and many work for the government anyway.

Oh really? It’s a conservative problem? Who has been running the country for the last 5 years - Conservatives?

edit on 15-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Well, you kind of did, when fact, a high percentage of those working minimum wage Service Sector jobs are Women, many of whom are Mothers.

Two, yes the Miliatry for the rapes of Numerous women in our Armed forces yes IS AT FAULT, and those women are yes, many homeless, with Severe PTSD, who are in need of care, jobs, and can't get them, my POINT with Using that Example was to your comment that smart people could join the Military and get their college paid for therefore being Assured a good job with Perks as you so termed it,

And Many Mothers, for example, DO JUST THAT, and find out, they are in Worst straights than they were prior to enlisting, SO, joining the military is not a cure all for Poverty or getting OUT of minimum wage or low paying jobs.

Three I'm not a dude.

Four, Reality isn't EXCUSES, you, yes, are LUCKY, not smarter, but LUCKY. Nothing Wrong with that, and not slighting you for that,

But DON'T lump the poor into the dumb, lazy category either, it's one not true and two, NOT REALISTIC. Many College Educated people are working low paying jobs right now, including minimum wage jobs Because there ISN'T any work where they are at,

That's NOT their fault NOR does that mean they should be demonized and treated as less than. To do so,

Is nothing more than sheer Snobbery and Class Prejudice, and PRIDE, and not a good pride either.
edit on Wed May 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

The free market sounds great in theory

The free market is great! Price is determined by supply and demand. But healthcare is not the free market and all the evils and ills that have followed are a result of treating it as if it was.

Demand for healthcare...disease, illness, injury is not related to income, willingness to "work hard"....it is fixed.

You can't work harder to rid yourself of Cancer...and Cancer doesn't care if you are rich or poor, old or a child..

Healthcare has no place in the free market.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join