It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get READY...Insurers predict 100% to 400% Obamacare rate explosion !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I actually see this becoming an ENORMOUS issue when the changes take place.

People are going to crap bricks over this.

Yes, whoever gets the Republican nomination in 2016 will be a slam dunk for President. People will be screaming for full repeal.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by xuenchen

3 . . 2. . . 1 . .

Blame Bush, Congress, The Tea Party, Sequestration, The Muslim Video, Fringe websites, Returning vets, Gun-owners, etc for this.

Because there is NO WAY IN HADES, that Obama will take the heat for it!

You forgot ATMs and hurricane Sandy.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Not so fast. Those who voted for Obama and supported this train wreck monstrocity most likely have single digit I.Q.s

That would be considered a pre-existing condition, thus covered.

Funny….BUT….Don’t kid yourself. They had their eye on this pre-existing condition clause for a LONG TIME. They made it illegal for us (private sector) to do it but don’t think for ONE MINUTE they aren’t going to exclude preexisting conditions. They want to make money for their crony system...patting backs and such!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Not so fast. Those who voted for Obama and supported this train wreck monstrocity most likely have single digit I.Q.s

That would be considered a pre-existing condition, thus covered.

Funny….BUT….Don’t kid yourself. They had their eye on this pre-existing condition clause for a LONG TIME. They made it illegal for us (private sector) to do it but don’t think for ONE MINUTE they aren’t going to exclude preexisting conditions. They want to make money for their crony system...patting backs and such!

If so it would be an afterthought..

you know they didn't think that far ahead.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yeah, we knew rates would increase, but even I wouldn't have guessed a four fold increase. That is insane. Neo is right, this is ABSOLUTELY a move to replace private insurance all together.

Now Co pays will look more like 100 bucks and deductales, 7,500 effng dollars. Insurance companies are better served to get out of the game now.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Yeah, we knew rates would increase, but even I wouldn't have guessed a four fold increase. That is insane. Neo is right, this is ABSOLUTELY a move to replace private insurance all together.

Now Co pays will look more like 100 bucks and deductales, 7,500 effng dollars. Insurance companies are better served to get out of the game now.

Again, Mark Levin, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity et al have been saying those things from day one. That both rates will skyrocket and this was an agenda from day one to destroy private health insurance.
edit on 14-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Again, yes, it was known from day one that the rates would increase.
What was not known from day one is how much, precisely, those increases would be.

Calculations like that don't happen on day one.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Like I said, don’t kid yourself. They know how to steal money and line their pockets and they’re envious when they see others do it better. Mitigating risk and screwing us over for a buck (avoiding payouts) is in the plans.

Never underestimate the tyranny of government or the power of greed, my friend.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Again, yes, it was known from day one that the rates would increase.
What was not known from day one is how much, precisely, those increases would be.

Calculations like that don't happen on day one.

Maybe the precise rate increase wasn't known, but they said the rates would "skyrocket". That would imply at minimum a tripling of the rates.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Like I said, don’t kid yourself. They know how to steal money and line their pockets and they’re envious when they see others do it better. Mitigating risk and screwing us over for a buck (avoiding payouts) is in the plans.

Never underestimate the tyranny of government or the power of greed, my friend.

Oh I never will again. Democratic tyranny has officially been defined.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I guess that is a bit subjective, isn't it?
I am poor.
To me, a 40% increase is a skyrocket.

Although I figured it would be around double myself.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I guess that is a bit subjective, isn't it?
I am poor.
To me, a 40% increase is a skyrocket.

Although I figured it would be around double myself.

No. A 100% increase would be called a "double", a 200% increase would be a "trippling". A skyrocket would imply a rate increase that was an exponential curve increase.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I can think of a LOT of folks that I personally know who will be put in the poor house by this.
Guys I used to work with.
Lower level guys working for an engineering firm.

Fancy, already expensive insurance policies geared for the folks who sit behind the oak desks designing crap.
A 400% increase in those rates could eat a solid third of their yearly income.
Another third goes to taxes.

These folks will effectively be paying 66% of their income to the Gov.

Slaves.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Well, when listening to folks like Beck, or any news guy, one should expect a level of hyperbole.
I doubt when these guys used the term "skyrocket" they actually "implied" an increase above three fold, calculated on an exponential curve.

What they meant was "prices are going way up".
Anyhow, tit for tat aside, this crap is ridiculous. I am s_re we can agree there.

And it is news worthy, regardless of what Glen Beck said one "day one".

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That was pretty much a given as a standard rule of what ever government does, expect the complete opposite.

Cheap=more expensive.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
We will see people quitting low level jobs so they can get it free, freeing up jobs for teens who do not think they need it, and those with families and ill ones, are in serious trouble.

I am pretty worried. We pay a lot with a one income family. I have a lot of medical bills, and would die without medical care. When it comes to paing mortgage or paying for health care, ... Im very very worried.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The best thing about this fiasco is that the only Republican to vote for Obamacare cannot be voted out of office.

This is entirely on the heads of Democrats.

As much as I'm gloating, that really is little consultation. I love to be right (no pun intended) but not at the expense of my family or yours.

What's happening is a complete disgrace. As corny as it may sound to some, I'm sad for my country and I have doubts that our best days are ahead (at least not in my lifetime).

But I will fight till the end! Never surrender! Semper Fi Do or Die and all of that stuff!

edit on 14-5-2013 by seabag because: I feel better now!

link   
reply to post by neo96

I am gonna stick around in this thread and make meaningless posts, if I must (to keep it bumped), in hopes of seeing some Obamatrons come in and support this.

Think it'll happen?

link   

Let's keep this on topic....

Complain/debate about healthcare and what is coming down the pike....but let's keep it civil....no bashing of voters....Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

This is about the rising prices, the economics of the same...

Stay on topic......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join