It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Get READY...Insurers predict 100% to 400% Obamacare rate explosion !!

page: 11
48
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

edit on 16-5-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Honestly?

No one can defend the actions of Obama and this Administration anymore.

Its outright ridiculous.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Honestly?

No one can defend the actions of Obama and this Administration anymore.

Its outright ridiculous.



There's overwhelming evidence that profit margins will increase under the health care act and ALREADY HAVE. Please do elaborate on how the President is making the sky fall. And please, do back it with facts and not just republican talking points based in fantasy and fear mongering. BTW...I am not a Democrat but, I despite [SNIP]....and the health insurance industry obviously relies on the ignorance of people like yourself.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
reply to post by Aazadan
 



I don't care if I'm overqualified, that doesn't mean I'm unable to do the work. I want to work. I want a job that pays minimum wage or better, and I want to work a mere 40 hours per week. I don't even care if it's a good job anymore. That's the entire reason I went to school. Those jobs don't exist. America figured out that it could outsource them, and leave fewer lower paid jobs behind. I make less than the average wage in the developed portions of China, I'm not unskilled and I'm not lazy. That's simply the way the country has gone, and many people have cheered it as it's brought higher profits to the corporations.
Don't mean to jump in in your conversation, but have you considered moving elsewhere to obtain that job you so desire? If not, than can you actually say you are doing everything possible to get where you want to be?

Just sayin...


edit on 15-5-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)


Spoken like someone who can afford to move. I've gotten interviews in other places, even had rather nice job offers. The moment they hear I need money upfront though in order to afford to move, they move on to someone else. Companies don't do that for people with a poor work history.


Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Aazadan
 


It sounds to me like you live in the wrong state, friend. If things are as you describe, and have been that way for years, then you should have moved a long time ago. This is what I mean about there being plenty of options. If you're unwilling to go where the jobs are then stop complaining and live with it. BTW, your boss is breaking the law.

There are PLENTY of good jobs in Texas where I live. Anyone who wants a job can find one. I have a hard time finding employees when I need them because most people who want to work full time are employed.

Time to stop making excuses and move to a state that's not dysfunctional!


Moving would be great if I could afford it. I'm not unwilling to move, I outright despise the area I live in, which is southeast ohio. As for my boss breaking the law, they are but what's the benefit to doing something about it? If I take them to court, I may get back pay but I'll be out a job, chances are I wouldn't even get the back pay as my employer can't afford it. How does that benefit anyone?

As for Texas, I've applied for several jobs in Austin. Like I said above though, companies don't like to pay for your move.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamOckham


There's overwhelming evidence that profit margins will increase under the health care act and ALREADY HAVE. Please do elaborate on how the President is making the sky fall. And please, do back it with facts and not just republican talking points based in fantasy and fear mongering. BTW...I am not a Democrat but, I despite bullshìt....and the health insurance industry obviously relies on the ignorance of people like yourself.






Its about forcing it down everyone's throat. Its about Transparency. Something this administration is lacking. There are Democrats and Republicans, and Independents that are starting to wake up to the nonsense. Many have known from the beginning, even though they gave him the benefit of the doubt. Hes a horrible President.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
i say let it get to 400% hopefully America (where i live) will finally wake up and stop this socialistic fascism....im so sick of this country trying to tax and spend its way out its 16.8 trillion debt...this country is falling apart and its falling quick!


www.usdebtclock.org
edit on 16-5-2013 by stankybudz because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2013 by stankybudz because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
So I guess that instead of my boss saying, congratulations your raise this year will be .25 cents (like I can retire now), he will say sorry your pay decrease will be $250 a month (guess you need more hours).



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
this relly sucks



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And look here.....

We have been seeing an emphasis on those golden "rebates"
(not mentioned in this thread so far by the way)

The piddly nit-picky, small potatoes chicken feed "rebates" seem miniscule.

Does anybody here have a "rebate" in hand yet ?
and how much did it actually "reduce" your rates ?

The PPACA says all insurance companies must spend 80% or something on healthcare .....

Details in these links:

This story has some interesting figures and tables:
The 80/20 Rule: Providing Value and Rebates to Millions of Consumers

The new health reform law, the Affordable Care Act, holds health insurance companies accountable to consumers and ensures that American families are reimbursed if health insurance companies don’t meet a fair standard of value.

Because of the Affordable Care Act, insurance companies now must reveal how much of premium dollars they actually spend on health care and how much they spend on administration, such as salaries and marketing. This information was not shared with consumers in the past. Not only is this information made available to consumers for the first time, If an insurance company spends less than 80% of premiums on medical care and quality (or less than 85% in the large group market, which is generally insurance provided through large employers), it must rebate the portion of premium dollars that exceeded this limit.[1] This 80/20 rule is commonly known as the Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) rule.

On June 1, 2012, insurance companies nationwide submitted their annual MLR reports for coverage provided in 2011 to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Based on this data, insurance companies that didn’t meet the 80/20 rule will provide nearly 12.8 million Americans with more than $1.1 billion in rebates this year. Americans receiving the rebate will benefit from an average rebate of $151 per household.
 


related...

Obamacare Health Insurance Rules Saved Customers $1.5 Billion Last Year: Study (Dec 2012)

Health care reform rules aimed at pressuring health insurance companies to become more efficient saved consumers nearly $1.5 billion last year, according to a study released by the Commonwealth Fund on Wednesday.

The health care law enacted by President Barack Obama requires that health insurance companies selling plans to individual consumers spend at least 80 percent of the premiums they collect on medical care. Health insurance companies selling plans to groups of at least 50 people, such as employers offering benefits to workers, must spend 85 percent of premiums on medical care. Companies that fail to meet these standards under the so-called medical loss ratio rule must refund the difference to their customers.
 



How ObamaCare Affects Health Insurance Premiums

ObamaCare Insurance premiums are a sore subject with many readers, however ObamaCare insurance premium increases are a response to the protections offered by ObamaCare. The primary cause of the insurance premium rate hikes seems to be the mandate to cover high-risk consumers, such as Americans with pre-existing conditions. Obamacare is insurance reform aimed at making insurance more affordable, it actually enacts a number of provisions to protect consumers against insurance premium rate hikes.

Let's take a look at ObamaCare insurance premiums, why your provider may be raising your rates and how to acquire Affordable health insurance that is protected under the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare).
 


How does that "80/20 rule" really work anyway ?

Has anyone got any money back ?



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by WilliamOckham


There's overwhelming evidence that profit margins will increase under the health care act and ALREADY HAVE. Please do elaborate on how the President is making the sky fall. And please, do back it with facts and not just republican talking points based in fantasy and fear mongering. BTW...I am not a Democrat but, I despite bullshìt....and the health insurance industry obviously relies on the ignorance of people like yourself.






Its about forcing it down everyone's throat. Its about Transparency. Something this administration is lacking. There are Democrats and Republicans, and Independents that are starting to wake up to the nonsense. Many have known from the beginning, even though they gave him the benefit of the doubt. Hes a horrible President.





He not a horrible president, the problem is you hate his guys and you want to believe he is horrible.
I on the other hand am not as passionate, so my judgement is not clouded by hate.

Obama is a centrist, he is not reactionary when he makes his policy, he always responds to national tragedy quickly, he's been hammering away at the terrorist, without having to invade the wrong country, the economy
Has been steadily improving, manufacturing in the US is up, new home construction is up, the DOW is up.
Takes less vacation than most presidents and plays less golf.


If you wanna examine a horrible president, look at the last guy.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
And look here.....

We have been seeing an emphasis on those golden "rebates"
(not mentioned in this thread so far by the way)

The piddly nit-picky, small potatoes chicken feed "rebates" seem miniscule.

Does anybody here have a "rebate" in hand yet ?
and how much did it actually "reduce" your rates ?

The PPACA says all insurance companies must spend 80% or something on healthcare .....

Details in these links:

This story has some interesting figures and tables:
The 80/20 Rule: Providing Value and Rebates to Millions of Consumers

The new health reform law, the Affordable Care Act, holds health insurance companies accountable to consumers and ensures that American families are reimbursed if health insurance companies don’t meet a fair standard of value.

Because of the Affordable Care Act, insurance companies now must reveal how much of premium dollars they actually spend on health care and how much they spend on administration, such as salaries and marketing. This information was not shared with consumers in the past. Not only is this information made available to consumers for the first time, If an insurance company spends less than 80% of premiums on medical care and quality (or less than 85% in the large group market, which is generally insurance provided through large employers), it must rebate the portion of premium dollars that exceeded this limit.[1] This 80/20 rule is commonly known as the Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) rule.

On June 1, 2012, insurance companies nationwide submitted their annual MLR reports for coverage provided in 2011 to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Based on this data, insurance companies that didn’t meet the 80/20 rule will provide nearly 12.8 million Americans with more than $1.1 billion in rebates this year. Americans receiving the rebate will benefit from an average rebate of $151 per household.
 


related...

Obamacare Health Insurance Rules Saved Customers $1.5 Billion Last Year: Study (Dec 2012)

Health care reform rules aimed at pressuring health insurance companies to become more efficient saved consumers nearly $1.5 billion last year, according to a study released by the Commonwealth Fund on Wednesday.

The health care law enacted by President Barack Obama requires that health insurance companies selling plans to individual consumers spend at least 80 percent of the premiums they collect on medical care. Health insurance companies selling plans to groups of at least 50 people, such as employers offering benefits to workers, must spend 85 percent of premiums on medical care. Companies that fail to meet these standards under the so-called medical loss ratio rule must refund the difference to their customers.
 



How ObamaCare Affects Health Insurance Premiums

ObamaCare Insurance premiums are a sore subject with many readers, however ObamaCare insurance premium increases are a response to the protections offered by ObamaCare. The primary cause of the insurance premium rate hikes seems to be the mandate to cover high-risk consumers, such as Americans with pre-existing conditions. Obamacare is insurance reform aimed at making insurance more affordable, it actually enacts a number of provisions to protect consumers against insurance premium rate hikes.

Let's take a look at ObamaCare insurance premiums, why your provider may be raising your rates and how to acquire Affordable health insurance that is protected under the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare).
 


How does that "80/20 rule" really work anyway ?

Has anyone got any money back ?







20/80 is still too high, (Medicare is under 10%) insurance companies cannot siphon off over 20% of premiums, sounds reasonable to me.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElleLachyme
So I guess that instead of my boss saying, congratulations your raise this year will be .25 cents (like I can retire now), he will say sorry your pay decrease will be $250 a month (guess you need more hours).





That is if you believe in fear mongering... Someone already pointed out that these "figures" were cherry picked. Most companies did not indicate the increases, however this report examined just those, to scare people like you
Into not investigating and fearing angry.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Don't think they had any intention of making healthcare affordable.

They had every intention of screwing it up more so they can offer a 'solution' once again.

Which is what government does create a problem,complicate the hell out of it, blame someone else for it, and do it all over again.

The current administration owns Obama care, hence the name O-B-A-M-A care.
edit on 14-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)


This leftwing government, and Obama want to destroy capitalism, and destroy the economy of this nation completely.

Welcome to the new age of fascism/socialism under a new reich where everyone will be forced to to every mandate of the state/government, and where people will be completely dependant of such new reich...



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Honestly?

No one can defend the actions of Obama and this Administration anymore.

Its outright ridiculous.



Blind ideology is blind

And YES it is ridiculous.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16
 



Nobody wins but the insurance companies


And the politicians funded by contributions from those companies....



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by sonnny1
Honestly?

No one can defend the actions of Obama and this Administration anymore.

Its outright ridiculous.



Blind ideology is blind

And YES it is ridiculous.


You realize unless you subscribe to independents you are guilty of the same thing right?




posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho
 


Read even 1% of what I post on here?

I am one of the most anti government posters on this board.

Guilty?

Of nothing.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by boncho
 


Read even 1% of what I post on here?

I am one of the most anti government posters on this board.

Guilty?

Of nothing.


That's still an ideology, infact we have an entire political party and movement centered around the idea of really small government.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan
 


An ideology of decentrailzed power where power should always remain with the people, and government is its servant not its master.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here's my fear.

The focus on preventive medical treatment. Don't get me wrong here, I support going and getting tested, exercising, eating healthy. It's why I don't need to go to the doctor, and at my age, that's remarkable these days.

So back to my fear. Preventative care. When prices necessarily sky rocket the government, specifically the IRS, now has a say in how costs are reduced. One of the ways will be through gene analyzing. For instance, just recently a well known beauty and actress elected to have her breasts removed because doctors determined she was 87% more likely to get breast cancer because of her genetic make up. Removing her breasts reduced the risk. It's also a cost saving measure. Cutting her tatas off for $3000 can possibly save tens of thousands, potentially hundreds of thousands, in cancer treatment.

Fast forward five years when the healthcare system looks just like the USPS and is hundreds of billions of dollars in debt.

Your child or grand child is born, and the doctor says his genetic makeup means he has a 73% chance of growing testicular tumors in his lifetime and therefore signs a paper recommending immediate castration. You tell the doctor to go to hell, and remove the child from the hospital to save his reproductive abilities, and your chances of extending your bloodline. The next morning, your wife and child awaken to you being thrown to the ground outside at gun point and these same gestapo members remove your infant from the house, and take him to the nearest hospital to receive the treatment that will not only potentially "save his life", but also save society the cost of treating his potential testicular cancer in 40 years.

Now consider that the IRS has demonstrated the audacity of targeting people of a certain mindset. I wouldn't be surprised to see groups of a certain political spectrum having their children's reproduction organs removed at higher rates than normal.

Let me be clear, and make no mistake, this my countrymen and fellow readers is the end game.

It is the very definition of the Fabian Society utopia, or eutopia, because of their documented desire to facilitate eugenics to create the perfect society.

Read the quote in my signature. Like Margaret Sanger (founder of Planned Parenthood and member of the Fabian Society), George Bernard Shaw is constantly quoted and adored by the left in this country and around the world.



new topics

top topics



 
48
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

log in

join