It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get READY...Insurers predict 100% to 400% Obamacare rate explosion !!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I would rather have a third party win the elections and clean house(libertarians, greens, constitutionalists), but short of that I will settle for democrats over republicans any time. At least they pretend to care rather than push the privatise everything button in peoples face.

The free market sounds great in theory but in practice there are many rackets/trusts that form and monopolise important sectors of the economy and sell BS to the gullible masses. Reagan, Bush jr and sr and Obama is looking republican as well.

You said it yourself!!! "They PRETEND to care!"! How is settling for the lesser of two evils working out for our country so far?

There is no free market as long as our elected officials allow lobbyists in our whitehouse!

I voted straight Libertarian and Independent last election and when I saw the results I was sick! As long as people buy into the two party fraud that has taken over and destroyed our Republic, we might as well get on our knees and welcome the NWO!!!!!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So you are implying in a round about way that Obama is doing a relatively good job with the economy and that the affordable healthcare act should be no big deal, correct? Wow I never thought a conservative would agree with him.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by seabag

So you are implying in a round about way that Obama is doing a relatively good job with the economy and that the affordable healthcare act should be no big deal, correct? Wow I never thought a conservative would agree with him.

Not hardly!

I'm saying Rick Perry has done a decent Job in Texas over the past decade+.

Try as he may, Obama can't bring us down...yet!

On Thursday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry sent a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to officially let her know Texas would not partner with the federal government in setting up health exchanges under Obamacare.

"This is a federally-mandated exchange with rules dictated by Washington," Perry wrote in his letter. "It would not be fiscally responsible to put hard-working Texans on the financial hook for an unknown amount of money to operate a system under rules that have not even been written."
source

edit on 15-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Give it time "my friend". Obama "will fix everything" the democrat way.

Government knows best!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wow what a surprise. Fear mongering along with conservative crying. So what's so different from the past 5 years? Nothing here to see or be concerned about. Tomorrow you'll get up and go to work just like the day before.

God, I never thought we would actually devolve into a nation of baby cries. One can only hope Edgar Casey was right and we lose the whole middle of the continent.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Ikema because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Like others have said in prior posts, this is nothing new. The truth always reveals itself!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
the bottom line in the U.S. is: DON'T GET SICK OR INJURE YOURSELF AT ALL. i have health insurance with the company i work for, yet i pay at least 100 dollars per visit to any doctor (or much much more, i.e. going to the emergency room or getting a "check-up", neither of which are covered) and i make slightly above minimum wage and cannot afford even a basic medical bill. so private insurance is and government health insurance would be probably too expensive for me. as it is i call up the doctor's office every time and beg for a payment plan. and i don't even have kids...

edit on 15-5-2013 by zombiebbq because: ...

edit on 15-5-2013 by zombiebbq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ikema
Wow what a surprise. Fear mongering along with conservative crying. So what's so different from the past 5 years? Nothing here to see or be concerned about. Tomorrow you'll get up and go to work just like the day before.

God, I never thought we would actually devolve into a nation of baby cries. One can only hope Edgar Casey was right and we lose the whole middle of the continent.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Ikema because: (no reason given)

So exposing the truth is now baby cries? Good to know we are DEvolving!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Newsflash to all the people busy with Conservative knob polishing in this thread. I know you all want to just sit and rant on, showing your mental superiority by the really intense emotional quips you have all made.

But #1 The letter here, is written by one of the top conservatives.

This thread is built on partisan BS.

I'm not defending Obama, nor am I defending Obamacare, but I find it el oh el funny,
, that one of the top conservatives, is complaining about $3000 supposed extra dollars in a list of insurance companies pocket:

Aetna Group
BCBS of FL Group
BCBS of MI Group
BCBS of NJ Group
Blue Shield of CA Group
Cigna Health Group
Coventry Corp. Group
HCSC Group
Health Net of California, Inc.
Highmark Group
Humana Group
Independence Blue Cross Group
Kaiser Foundation Group
Regence Group
Unitedhealth Group
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Wellpoint Inc. Group

Now, for any of you that still have half a brain, and you didn't let it go to full rot from bullshiza politics in the great land of the ol USA...

You might wanna dig a little further into the issue. Cause NO ONE, and I do repeat, NO ONE, is going to raise issues in congress that stops a bunch of corporations from earning an extra 3k from each person. No matter what. Just doesn't happen.

Maybe the money is going to someone else instead, maybe the money is hitting Dems instead of Cons, maybe its complete and utter BS and has no affect on the people who are getting the ObamaRamaCare...

I don't know, nor claim to. But I do suggest some of you pull your cranium away from your bowels and maybe look into the issue before formulating an opinion.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Who cares... its over. We're already done and nobody cares. I mean truely cares. Sure a handfull of people discuss it on forums like these, and sure there may be a polititian that speaks against it. But the military keeps getting stronger, the polittians keep taking away our "rights", the police keep abusing theis authority, big brother snooping keeps spreading, and the wars (for whose benefit?) keep spreading throughout the world with absolutely no end in sight.

Does anyone... ANYONE??? actually think anything can be done about any of this now? Does anyone think the government will actually give of this power back? Maybe if we just vote Republican next time? But wait... the democrat was going to change all of this... remember?!?

But hey... let's just keep bitching about it here on ATS and make ourselves feel better.

Like we're making some kind of difference.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I don't care if I'm overqualified, that doesn't mean I'm unable to do the work. I want to work. I want a job that pays minimum wage or better, and I want to work a mere 40 hours per week. I don't even care if it's a good job anymore. That's the entire reason I went to school. Those jobs don't exist. America figured out that it could outsource them, and leave fewer lower paid jobs behind. I make less than the average wage in the developed portions of China, I'm not unskilled and I'm not lazy. That's simply the way the country has gone, and many people have cheered it as it's brought higher profits to the corporations.
Don't mean to jump in in your conversation, but have you considered moving elsewhere to obtain that job you so desire? If not, than can you actually say you are doing everything possible to get where you want to be?

Just sayin...

edit on 15-5-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

By DESIGN, folks! We said he was going to intentionally drive private insurance out of business so his was the only game in town!

Suckers!

By the way...THANKS!

Here’s how it will play out – 300% increase in premiums, 65% drop in insured (let’s face it…who can afford it at a 300% increase), insurances companies go under, everyone has to go to a new single-payer government system or pay uninsured fines that will continue to increase year after year.

That's what you voted for! You've gotta read the fine print, people!

edit on 14-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Blame Polosi and the rest of the Democrats. WHen it starts to raise then they will say that they didn't do it and blame the insurance companies etc etc.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Did any of the posters, including the OP, even read the Final Report issued by Committee on Energy & Commerce referenced in the editorial linked? Apparently not...

Most of the insurers provided similar responses regarding the impact of the fees and taxes on the cost of insurance premiums . Responses indicated that the tax on insurers could increase premiums from 2.3 percent 83 to 2.5 percent in 2014 in the individual, small, and large group markets. This tax could increase premiums an additional 3 percent to 4 percent in future years. Other insurers, by grouping the fees and taxes together, found premium increases ranging from 4 per cent to 8 percent.

Based on the documents produced to the committee, individuals in some states may have their premiums decrease, although a far greater number of individuals will face premium increases under the PPACA. As one insurer estimated, “Only consumers in 5 states [are] likely to see decreases.” These states where individuals will have decreases are typically those with an insurance market that is already heavily regulated.

One insurer identified five states that may experience premium decreases due to the fact that their markets already require guaranteed issue and have rating restrictions: Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Vermont

This report was based on the responses of 17 insurance companies. Apparently many of the other 1,200 U.S. health insurers found the impact far less. Or were these just picked for their higher-than-normal projections?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
We already had socialized medicine - Medicare and Medicaid.
Under those the only people who couldn't see a doctor were the working poor.
Now they've just included the entire middle class.
This is going to backfire because people CANNOT afford to pay the premiums OR the penalties.
But they knew that all along, didn't they?
So what was the true intent of this monstrosity?

I wonder what the tire intent of your sweeping open ended comment is?
Medicare works fine, at my practice we see rich and poor seniors alike and the co pay is typically $5.
Often times with a $500 deductible... Most seniors have a supplemental plan which covers the bulk of costs.
Plus Medicare has overhead of 8% as opposed to 18 - 25%

So I am not sure why you are laying it on so thick, but in my experience, disinformation
Will do that to people.

Medicare works just fine

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
For one, it's called the Affordable Health Care Act, NOT "ObamaCare" as so many of you are referring to it. I only state this as some of you truly think the real name is ObamaCare. For those of you that know the real, legitimate name, and prefer to call it ObamaCare, well, gas on with yer bad selves.

Also, some people have pointed out that the bill had to pass before we knew what was in it - NOT TRUE! I've been reading it for about a year now, it's been posted online, as any other proposed bill. YOU just have to go online and find it....and then read it.

The Bill is loooong, and intimidating to read. Dry as all get out. However, it's there.

Personally, I am going to capitalize on this bill. For about $250, some places for free, I can obtain my health insurance license. I will then learn all the options that people have for this medical care, who qualifies, who doesn't and why. At the same time, I will be making money while learning what this means for people.

We either choose to add to the problem, or choose to educate ourselves...and possibly make money doing it.

If none of you have read the bill, I encourage you to do so before making comments.

With that said, I think the Bill is a piece of crap...but I read it, so I can comment on it.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by cholo
I bet Obama creamed the economy back in sept 08! It was his fault that the entire economy dropped into historic free fall!

Must have been by design, so you guys can complain and make up fantasy for eight years!

In fairness, Obama was opposed to any sort of regulation over the Federal Mortgage Companies (Fannie/Freddie MAC) to rein in the Bush identified crisis of subprime mortage lending, so yeah... his hands aren't clean. he also supported TARP and his policies coming out of the depression have consistantly been to throw good money after bad, passing the bill off to future generations.

I'll be real honest with you, the fantasy here is the idea that anything this president has done has been above average, at best. I might be compelled to actually search for some gemstones hidden in the mountains of turds which have been his first 4 1/2 years... but I find the idea that we, as Americans, should try to seek out something of value within the man's *ahem* "character" to be hypocritical and preposterous considering the complete lack of responsibility he, himself, has shown since taking office. EVERYTHING has been someone else's fault. From his own lips the man has never once said "Yep, you know what, I screwed up there." Every damn time it has been some variant of "My predecessor left me this problem..." "I inherited this problem..." "That wasn't me..." "so and so was the person responsible for that..." etc, etc, etc. But by God is he ever Speedy Gonzalez getting to the award podium to take credit for any remotely positive news. It is very off-putting. I work in the real world and in that real world Barack Obama would have been long ago fired for dereliction of responsibility. Simply put, nobody wants to work alongside a whiney, pompous, insufferable jackass who refuses to show any degree of self responsibility for his own job.

Subprime lending is not what brought the economy down. When a person defaults they lose their principle and the bank gets that in exchange for the loan. Banks were making $25,000 for the life of six months of a loan that defaulted. The culprit is that fact that they could sell loans and insure loans that were not backed with capital.
I am not sure why you are ignoring that most vital fact. A bank reposessing a house is nearly ALWAYS profitable for the bank, they retain the principle and the closing costs, plus they get to file the endeavor for a tax credit federally and in state, even in some states without an income tax.

The dirivitive market that spread tens of trillions of junk security is the culprit. People defaulting did not create the junk. The laws created in 1997, 1999 and 2003 did. Obama did not advocate to allow banks to sell trillions in securities that were not backed with capital, inventing imaginary money.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiebbq
the bottom line in the U.S. is: DON'T GET SICK OR INJURE YOURSELF AT ALL. i have health insurance with the company i work for, yet i pay at least 100 dollars per visit to any doctor (or much much more, i.e. going to the emergency room or getting a "check-up", neither of which are covered) and i make slightly above minimum wage and cannot afford even a basic medical bill. so private insurance is and government health insurance would be probably too expensive for me. as it is i call up the doctor's office every time and beg for a payment plan. and i don't even have kids...

edit on 15-5-2013 by zombiebbq because: ...

You will probably be eligible for premium support. If you are paying random amounts per visit, you have a deductible, those are not uncommon. You should find out if you can receive premium support or enter into
Clearinghouse exchange.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cholo

i have been in this healthcare system provided by my company for over 4 years now, and have no clue what you're talking about. i have read the booklet (the one and only) provided by my health insurance in regards to the plan i have, every year it comes out. it contains every minute detail regarding my coverage. and unfortunately i don't know the particular laws, statutes, policies, mandates obama-care whatevertheheck you are referencing. all i know is that i have health insurance in the strictest sense of the word, and PAY, big time, no matter what the doctor, hospital, procedure, or test that is given to me. in no way shape or form do i believe private insurance is the answer, nor do i believe government health insurance is. so what is the answer?

and one more edit..i do know what deductibles are. i'm merely making a broad statement on the issues of healthcare. i don't feel i should be worrying about "random" deductibles every time i visit a doctor.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Medical care is too expensive in the USA. There is a huge cartel of drug companies, insurance companies and hospitals.

Obamacare is social justice but cannot happen it the land of the free (or free for all).

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This has less to do with the policy/affordable care act, and more to do with greedy ass insurance companies making excuses as to why they want to rape you more. Keep in mind some of these same insurance companies are also in the securities/mortgage business indirectly. Blame the president all you want....facts are facts.

Don't be a tool and buy their sob stories...they are profitable and would still be profitable subsidizing "un-insurables" at the existing rates.

Health Insurance Profits Rise Despite Health Care Reform

Health insurance companies' profits increase after 'affordable care act'

EDIT:

Here's more proof for you kids who eat up the Fox News propaganda....

Insurers Profit From Health Law They Fought Against

edit on 16-5-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join