It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot Blasting Out Major Solar Flares Will Face Earth Soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is just a little tid-bit for all of the Doom and Gloom posters here on ATS to get excited about. It appears that a sunspot which has been shooting some powerful flares might have Earth in its cross-hairs soon.

Read on:

www.space.com...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
While I don't think this will cause some kind of worldwide power outage, I do think this will be a pretty cool event.

Maybe the Northern Lights will come down south for a little show.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

i hope it knocks out the power it will give me a chance to catch up on my power bill
edit on 14-5-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by lostbook

i hope it knocks out the power it will give me a chance to catch up on my power bill
edit on 14-5-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

It'll probably screw up your meter and you will have a five hundred thirty two dollar bill next month.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Nothing affecting Earth has happened yet, although it well may I think is the message. I suppose now is the time to record everything coming from SOHO up until next week.

edit on 14-5-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Whew!! Thank you, I was getting a bit shaky. Haven't had my weekly dose of DOOM.

Hope all this does is show us some pretty lights.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The biggest flare is yet to come.......someday.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Now that's a good idea.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I noticed few days after a heavy flare I always get headaches. I hear a few other people with the same reaction, I wonder if it's directly related to the CMEs?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hoping for a good show. Seems like every spot thats a bad boy lately, fluffs up when it turns earth facing. All big and bad on the other side, and than smurfy when it comes our way.

Bring on the show!

Peace

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I will bet the sun will run out of angry as soon as it is earth facing for any sunspot,.
History has shown this to be a fact,. The Maunder Minimum author Edward Maunder
documented that sunspots seem to loose their "flare" when they become earth facing.
sooo..

I say,. no worries

the Carrington event was an oddity

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Okay here comes another one...
Major Solar Flare Alert

Flare #4 X1.2
Link: www.solarham.net...

Getting a little

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Does this Solar calamity relate to any known prophecies out there: Nostradamus, Cayce, Shipton, or any other major see-ers? Or is it just hype?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
I noticed few days after a heavy flare I always get headaches. I hear a few other people with the same reaction, I wonder if it's directly related to the CMEs?

Well if your head was in outer space id say its more from lack of oxygen and the water being sucked out of your brain.If your on earth the simple answer is no its not the earth will protect you from CMEs however the same can't be said for satellites. And causes transformers to blow but realize the thousands of miles of electrical lines acts a one huge antenna.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostbook
Does this Solar calamity relate to any known prophecies out there: Nostradamus, Cayce, Shipton, or any other major see-ers? Or is it just hype?

Probably& I assume Remote Viewer proponent Maj. Ed Dames will say
"here comes the kill shot I promised!"
edit on 15-5-2013 by sealing because: Ed

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Sooo glad. I did need an excuse to stock up on beer this weekend.

Those mass corona thingies aren't big enough to mess up the grid yet. Those of you with sat TV, you'll prob be getting a ton of green blocky things on the old television.

Wasn't there a topic with a date on/around the 18th this month?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Here is good info about present situation ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-5-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
can the haarp repel a CME?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

2003: The Ultra-Powerful Halloween Sun Storm

On Oct. 28, 2003, the sun unleashed a whopper of a solar flare. The intense sun storm was so strong it overwhelmed the spacecraft sensor measuring it. The sensor topped out at X28, already a massive flare), but later analysis found that the flare reached a peak strength of about X45, NASA has said.

The solar storm was part of a string of at least nine major flares over a two-week period.

X45 and all is still well. Doom sayers will have to wait a while longer.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

True, though the mentioned sun spot was not facing remotely Earth at the time.

"In 1989 a flare about half that strong caused a widespread power blackout in Quebec," recalls Hathaway. Last week's blast was aimed away from Earth, so its effects on our planet were slight--a bit of good luck.
Your story LINK

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join