It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New survey for Political Discussion on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
US
UK
EUROPE
MIDDLE EAST
ASIA
AMERICAS- US

I like bigdanprice's take on things,
i also think the UK should be kept apart from any European Politics forum as the UK has more members here than main land European and the UK differs politically greatly.

@bigdanprice - You new avatar is cool, little britain is great

[edit on 6-11-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

i also think the UK should be kept apart from any European Politics forum

Oh I know you, UK Wizard, you just don't want to be associated with EU in any way

One day you will have to learn to deal with it

On a more serious note, we do not want too many different politics forums. I think it is enough to have 3 separate ones: USA, UK, International Politics.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

Oh I know you, UK Wizard, you just don't want to be associated with EU in any way

That's me

Originally posted by paperclip
On a more serious note, we do not want too many different politics forums. I think it is enough to have 3 separate ones: USA, UK, International Politics.

I see what you mean, the main visitors are UK and USA (sorry if i'm wrong), a international political forum could cover all the countries that have less members mainland europe
, canada, china, autralia etc.

paperclip's cut down version is better

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Since I'm a newbie I'm still feeling everything out on this site but....

...I really like political debates and threads with the occasional increase in temperature
but it's when the trolling and blanket comments come out that the problems start. Not sure how much of it occurs here, from my few days being a member, but when the blanket comments starts it's often a sign of people who want to "win" realise that changing a persons mind is harder than they thought.

With the focus and goals of this organization of web sites I think a great idea to give politics it's own site and dedictated forums. While election time is always a heated time politically, that can get old, I find it a shame that most people in general don't bother with politics until election times....if we, as a whole, have the outlets to talk politics all year long it would be benificial to increasing activity and interest. A dedicated site like the one mentioned in t6he survey would be a huge plus IMO.

Cameron

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think you really need to structure the forums heavily it will focus debate a lot more, enabling mods to move off topic posts to the relevant section. I dont think its effective just to lump everything under politics.

Thanks for the avatar compliments... 'We dont want a Cufuffal!'

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Personally I would be interested how you would separate politics from conspiracy. Ignoring politics how does one focus on conspiracy? For instance, say this was Nixon�s second term�.we wouldn�t be able to discuss, Watergate.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
UK Wizard and I tried to start a friendly campaign for a UK politics forum, by having a post to show your support and put a picture in your sig but the thread was trashed, I just cant understand why. I realise its a privatley owned board but I really dont see the problem.

I am upset...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As am i.......................:shk:

We have been silenced

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
UK Wizard and I tried to start a friendly campaign for a UK politics forum, by having a post to show your support and put a picture in your sig but the thread was trashed, I just cant understand why. I realise its a privatley owned board but I really dont see the problem.

I am upset...

I've been reassured that the chance of a UK politics forum being created will be very high nearer the UK election...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Keep the political boards, but people need to act a little more civilized when it comes to expressing dislikes. Some of the language has gotten a little juvinile outside of the MudPit. I to would love to express some feelings about what some polititions should do with themselves, but I feel I owe the respect to other ATS members and will refrain from the sludge.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Survey Results

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join