US Spends Much More on Education, but the Student Performance is Much Worse, Why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
The answer is simple. Most of the money spent on education does not make it into the classroom. The admisistrators make a huge amount more than anyone else and take a large chunk of that. Add in things like new cars for superintendants, money wasted on programs tat are ineffective or never fully implemented and there goes some more. By the time the money makes it to the classroom there is very little left.

Or the 4+ years of indoctrination. Plus there are studies that show that female teachers actively and also sub-consciously discriminate against male students. Given that almost 84% of teachers in America are female, the male grade is undervalued due to systematic bigotry and discrimination.

Maybe if teachers stopped being sexist bigots and stopped raping male students, they might be able to have some time to teach?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Our schools focus that money into building of new schools, portables, mainly logistics of the school not to teach the kids, that's the biggest misconception about funding schools

THE MONEY DOESN"T GOTO TEACHING THE KIDS, IT GOES TO RECONSTRUCTION.

BEFORE WE FOCUS ON EDUCATION, LET'S FOCUS ON BUILDING THINGS BETTER AND MORE DURABLE.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Mainly, there're a lot of freeloaders and crime is higher than ever and kids are on their iphones more than they're reading their textbooks. This is why entitlements have to stop.

Reward people on merits and help those who show initiative. The rest? Don't hand hold them. The best way to learn for some people is the hard way. That's the way nature intended.

Some kids hate school. It's better to just get them going on a low wage job. But the problem is you can't pay em lower than minimum wage which limits employment in the US. To make matters worse, there're a multitude of regulations and requirements that businesses have to abide by.

A lot of the ADHD people are just people in the past who would have worked lower-skill jobs that don't require a big education. But nowadays they're pampered and put through school.

Of course there're the poor minorities that blame everybody except themselves. I don't know what the numbers are, but I think it's something like 30-50+ million (poor) minorities. I think the good bulk of them are hard working and good students, but some aren't. Good and bad apples.

When my finnish grandfather came into this country, he had minimal schooling. He was about 19. He didn't even know how to speak our language. He learned over time, but was always surfing the line between poverty and just getting by. Just like mexican (even illegal) immigrants. I see them a lot in the canneries. I see nothing wrong with it. The jobs suck, though. It's not bad if you can handle 12+ hours per day, 6 days per week, for several months. Problem is some of the workers don't speak english, yet. At one cannery I worked at, none of my coworkers spoke english. But you know what? I don't care. My grandfather worked in an environment where english wasn't required.

I'll tell you, though, immigrants are some of the most hard working people in existence. I would be looking at the 2nd/3rd generation kids of hte immigrants that feel entitled. But the first generation are the kind of people that're like pioneers. They're good workers with lots of willpower.

First generation immigrant knows what they're gaining and appreciate it.
edit on 29-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
From what I have seen having taught in schools in 4 states. Most of that money "spent on the students" goes to pay for school central office, department directors , superintendents and their staff, and consultants. In education the further you get from students the more money you make.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join