It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power Of The State OF Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What is the difference between winning and losing, or succeeding and failing? The difference in the results you get is the state of mind you are in at the moment you fail or succeed. For example there are empowering states of mind that tap into our real power like: courage, certainty, confidence, joy, love, positiveness and faith. And there are destructive disempowering states like: fear, lack of faith, doubt, anxiety, frustration, hatred and confusion. So the results we get at the moment we are doing something depends on the state of mind you are in, if you are in a empowering state most likely you will succeed but if you are in a disempowering state most likely you will fail.So the key to any success is learning to know how to direct and manage your mental states. One simple method I use to help my clients who are in a disempowering state of mind is simply to take a deep breath and while holding it replace that negative thinking by replacing it with a positive empowering state. For example if you are feeling frustrated while holding your breath close your eyes and think or remember a time when you where feeling joyful or happy, try to remember the whole situation, remember the people, faces, situation etc. the more details the better. Now try to stand the way you were standing, smile the way you were smiling, laugh the way you were laughing, if you do this and repeat the process a few times your state of mind will change and your frustration will be gone. It's a small but efficient exercise in mind control.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yes good one op. We do control our minds. Contrary to scientific opinion.

I believe there are different levels within ourself. And although people do get stuck in one or the other. We have control over which we choose. Emotions are not just things that happen by accident, they have a purpose and we can use them or abuse them.
edit on 14-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

I love this line of thought. Hebrews 1:11 as stood forth as the gleaming example that what "Faith" is, and what you are talking about, are basically the same thing:

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

But I try to approach this stuff scientifically, not mystically or religiously.

I see it as follows. When you see, for instance a blue jay, there is a correlation, or an entanglement between the state of your brain (your brain renders to the blue jay internally) and the actual thing on the outside, the physically of the bird. So two things become entangled: your brain, and the outside world. Faith is the fact that this can be a two way street: By concentrating on the image of a blue jay, by moving toward your mind to the mind state of seeing a blue jay, you probabilistically move closer to the state where a blue jay will physically appear. Maybe even 100% of the time, its hard to say because few have that kind of mental discipline.

So just as seeing a bluejay is the evidence that one is there, so is the mind state of seeing one the evidence that one is there... So there's two ways to see a blue jay, one is to move toward a physical place where one will appear, the second is to move toward a mental place where one must appear. That's what Heb. talks about, the evidence of things not seen is the mind state of faith.

Proving this to others is as slippery and impossible as the worst catch-22 post you've ever seen.

edit: I also want to add something to this: Its easy to BS yourself too. For instance, if you make a commitment to think of things more positively, and then evaluate whether its making your life better - the answer may be yes - but only because you are looking at the same old # in a more positive light... Which is fine, but nothing weird is happening. If you drop acid and get in the mind state of seeing a blue jay, you may just see a hallucination of a blue jay. Which is fine, but nothing mystical is happening. What I'm talking about is subtle, and beyond all this. Peace!

edit on 14-5-2013 by tridentblue because: Added warning

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by frankky
What is the difference between winning and losing, or succeeding and failing? The difference in the results you get is the state of mind you are in at the moment you fail or succeed. For example there are empowering states of mind that tap into our real power like: courage, certainty, confidence, joy, love, positiveness and faith. And there are destructive disempowering states like: fear, lack of faith, doubt, anxiety, frustration, hatred and confusion. So the results we get at the moment we are doing something depends on the state of mind you are in, if you are in a empowering state most likely you will succeed but if you are in a disempowering state most likely you will fail.So the key to any success is learning to know how to direct and manage your mental states. One simple method I use to help my clients who are in a disempowering state of mind is simply to take a deep breath and while holding it replace that negative thinking by replacing it with a positive empowering state. For example if you are feeling frustrated while holding your breath close your eyes and think or remember a time when you where feeling joyful or happy, try to remember the whole situation, remember the people, faces, situation etc. the more details the better. Now try to stand the way you were standing, smile the way you were smiling, laugh the way you were laughing, if you do this and repeat the process a few times your state of mind will change and your frustration will be gone. It's a small but efficient exercise in mind control.

Sounds like laughing meditation.
I always try to laugh (or smile) at whatever silly stories/realities my Ego is trying to tell/create.... either it is bad or good.
Seems work well so far. But I dunno if this is good or bad practice.

Please Let me know. Thanks!!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

Yup, i get it and i agree.

Or just say to yourself: i will do this, i can do this, i am strong, i am capable, whatever, say something about you that is the opposite to what you are feeling.

For example, if you are feeling weak say: i am strong, if you are feeling fear, say: i am courageous, if you are afraid that some kind of event happens, you say to yourself: i love my life even if (....) happens

Or something else...

Its NLP, neuro-linguistic programming.

Your conscious mind takes over and programs your unconscious mind through words and images.

This way your inner assertions change, your feeling also change, your inner reality changes, so will your outer reality.

Its magical, try it.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by frankky

Or just say to yourself: i will do this, i can do this, i am strong, i am capable, whatever, say something about you that is the opposite to what you are feeling.

For example, if you are feeling weak say: i am strong, if you are feeling fear, say: i am courageous, if you are afraid that some kind of event happens, you say to yourself: i love my life even if (....) happens

Is this not denying what is? Was it you who wrote a thread about loving fear?
In my opinion it is best to feel what one is feeling and not think about escaping. Admit that one feels fear and feel what that actually means when feeling it. It is not as bad as you think. Fear could be just an idea, a habit, an assumption by the mind - but if one feels into the body to feel what this fear is all about, it dissipates.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Yes, some want to control their minds and the others are controlled by their mind.

Your mind is what you have to be, trying to gain power over it is just a waste of time. One never succeeds, at least, when one wants to do it on command. Just by living life one controls the mind.

Hmm, fascinating, it is in fact to mould the mind. Allow yourself a good and righteouss mind, hell, life does that by itself, you see, the better you are, the further you get.

I thought God had a plan for everybody.

In My Father His house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am.
- John 14:2-3 (NIV)

top topics

join