It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to all ATS members and lurkers alike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

Thread killer

Just kidding thanks for your input. Don't sweat it I alienated myself from many on ATS during the big DDOS attck, my fault.

Could be worse

Cody

edit on 15/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Well, Whew I feel better now. It would seem that ATS has a way of bringing out the personal confessional side of me. Like my mom always said "just get it all out you'll feel better".

Anyway, Thanks for listening.

Penny

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sorry guys I will get back to you later
I'm having one of
THOSE days at work. I think the managment have been replaced by martian shape shifters, but the idiot type

Cody

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
My signature.

If you was someone else and met your self.
Would you like your self?

But a more important question is, do you like everyone else but your self?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Absolutely I'm happy being the person I am...Who else am I gonna be?

You'd be surprised at some people's fake happiness

ETA: Since I will be home alone tonight the loved one I will be cuddling with is my dog. Fortunately he isn't a "cover hog" but he does drool and snore a bit!

Mrs C says your lucky, she gets all 3

I'm pretty happy with myself. I've learned to accept my shortcomings and work on them, which sadly is not something most choose to do. Once you can recognize your faults, you can begin to work on them, and that is one step closer to enlightenment.

Very insightful thanks, unfortunately as you said most choose not to

Mmmm.... Yes! Undoubtably, Yes! I wil hold my fiance'... And my daughter.... FAMILY CUDDLE!

Can't beat a group hug

I love myself, I aknowledge that i am not perfect but then again no one is. I am secure in knowing this i am and educated idiot, I am smart enough to know I dont know.

What don't you know ?

People ask me everyday why I'm so happy I still don't know how to answer that yet.

Me too even after the day I've had

I guess I like myself. At times I find myself to be disappointed with who I am. But I guess that's life. Eh! Drama and depression.

If that's what you choose, personally I prefer fun and laughing

Just had to do it...

Gazrok, always a pleasure to see you in a thread even if it is to take the urine, in fact the more extraction of urine the better for me

Not accusatory but just a philosophical post.

I didn't take offence by any stretch of the imagination, and you were correct to point that out

it's that I wouldn't want to be anyone else. I am me. To be someone else would be living a lie.

I do like the way I think. I love my daydreams and night dreams. I HATE my failures in life, and I can't remember too many successes even though I know I've had some

Jigger my friend I only know you from ATS and I'd hate it if you ever changed, your open honesty is refreshing, you are definitely a success in my book

Welcome your holiness
I know how you feel, if you'd have met 18 year old Cody you'd have smacked him the mouth, I know I would.

Some days are better than others. Sometimes I wear a huge smile and I really am happy. And sometimes I fall down into a pit and dirt suffocates me.

Well we're here for you Nat, you can always u2u or email me in your darker times if you want, your soul is beautiful, a mutual friend told me so, you just need to keep it mind

I do like myself. I know I have a lot of room for growth and improvement, so I work on that, but I like who I am. I have some regrets, large and small, but I don't spend a lot of time feeling bad about them. I try to learn from them and move forward.

I used to think if I could do it all over again what would I change ? The answer always come back as nothing, the pain was what made me who I am.

Your thread reminded me of this poem. One of my favorites. Just wanted to share

Beez, I'm trying to remember the last time I read that, I think I was still in short trousers and we discussed it at school. I'd forgotten the impression it made on me. What a great memory. Thanks for posting it. Just put a massive smile on my face

I have always been a deeply cerebral person and after the age of six began to be hyper critical of myself. This has manifested itself over the years in many different ways mostly in my yearning to harmonize the outer me with the inner me.

Ask your angel to help, simples, just pick a quiet time when you feel at peace and call your angel, if you don't believe you have angel you're wrong. If you an imbalance meditation should help. Failing that a large Whisky

But a more important question is, do you like everyone else but your self?

A much more important question, thanks for asking

For myself ? No, I've met some right muppets in my time that I wouldn't care to meet again, but the muppets are few and far between luckily, although they do seem arrive in bunches (or is it flock of muppets ?)
Mostly I gravitate to people that are fun to be with and intelligent in their opinions, hence ATS.

Wow that must be the longest reply I've made. Got one of Beezer's nose bleeds now, I'm off to the corner to recuperate

Thanks for the replies exhausting as the day was it was a pleasure to read them and a greater pleasure to reply

Cody

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

i like myself.

If i base "liking" off the general opinion of me among people who actually know me....i would seem to be a good guy.

But who knows. I tend towards impatience and bluntness

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have a very low tolerance for wanton idiocy as well, but that just means I tend to be surrounded with good people most of the time. I know when someone likes me as they shorten my name to one syllable,so going on that I'm one popular guy. But because I like me it probably rubs off on them.
Cody

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

Reading your response pennylemon was almost like looking into a mirror.

Like you, I hold myself to perhaps an impossibly high standard and it tends to make me not like myself. While some people would look upon this as a good thing as it can instill drive and ambition, it also has the tendency to wear on one's soul to always view themselves as not good enough and never being able to realize their goals.

I've also had several occasions during childhood where for the life of me (pun intended) I can't exactly figure how I managed to survive some of the things I did - by all rights I should be cold dead right now and it's making me feel like I've been cheated of my destiny and that there is something malign that is keeping me here.

A great analogy I suppose would be the scene in "Forrest Gump" where he gets chewed out by Lt. Dan in the hospital for saving his life, and I've yet to have that stormy, top-of-the-mast, make-my-peace-with-God moment.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I've yet to have that stormy, top-of-the-mast, make-my-peace-with-God moment.
reply to post by KyrieEleison

I've been thinking about that comment

Trying to equate it to something I can understand, then it hit me.

I remembered the first time I challenged my father as a man, I was furious,

I was right in what I'd said that angered him so,. He gave me a choice accept his views or leave his house.

I left,

A year or so later I was invited back and my dad for the first time ever apologised to me for being wrong, it was a bitter sweet moment.

He admitted he was fallible, I was correct.

But my dad was no longer superman. It took time to get used to

Now I have a real relationship with dad, he may not be superman, but he is a super hero

To us at least.

Cody

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I do like myself...

It's everyone else I have a problem with!!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I do like myself...

It's everyone else I have a problem with!!

I have sneaking suspicion you're not alone

Cody

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I can honestly say Yes.It took me decades to get there,but i can finally say,in hindsight,in taking my life at present into consideration,and after lots of introspection-yeah,i'm okay.I like myself fine now.Not that there's not room for improvement in some areas-but i respect myself now,and i feel comfortable with myself.I'm not as hard on myself as i used to be,i give myself a gap sometimes,as i do others-no one is perfect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join