It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFR's Jolie has both breast removed without yet having cancer. Didn't anyone slip her the memo?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

OH MY GOD!!! This is a tradgedy!! Those were flawless!!

To get rid of something so perfect is a slap in God's face!! This story ruined my day!!

To prevent something that wasn't even here yet......?

I am crying inside and out right now

ETA: There is no link for this false report.....You have links to the testing process? You ruined my day for a false story? WTH??? Link or throw in the HOAX bin
edit on 5/14/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

Hey, living is sexy. Dead is not.
Second line

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Steve Jobs was a celebrity. I cite a celebrity example and you mock it?

Whats the difference between one million and one billion? Either they have something for you, for your specific or they don't. Either whatever they have is done properly or it isn't. There isn't one type of cancer, there are hundreds along with thousands of cell line offspring. Some are worse than others. You keep on spinning this is simpleton terms, that cancer is some singular thing, while I'm the one screaming complexity. (except for that one single sentence in the OP that all of your dialog seems based specifically on)

Pancreatic cancer is widely regarded as one the the worst to kill, one of the worst killers. Probably one of the rarer organs to even get it. Breast cancer is widely encountered and understood. Stage of diagnosis is everything, although my celebrity example didn't catch it until way late and look at him smoke. And never mind the front room and back room across the board advances sure to happen by the time Jolie reaches her moms age of death. The fact that they understand this gene means gene therapies are around or will be (this is the part that really had me scratching my head over this story, by the way). Gene therapy induced immortality is one of the big time transhumanist dreams, and you can bet Jolie, Jobs and Douglas are all plenty familiar with such notions.

If cancer isn't properly wasted the first time, it can be a disaster when it comes back (as happened with Jobs it appears). You're clearly the expert on not only cancer, but the history of Jobs battle, all those details, as well as his position in the elitist hierarchy so please stop sounding so simple and crush me with your authoritative expert analysis and quit baiting me, since you're clearly so above the 'baiting' that tongue-in-cheekingly occurred in the OP.
edit on 14-5-2013 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Seriously, if you think cancer is some singular thing, you're not even competent enough on the subject and the science to take such a strong absolutist stance on this issue.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Well then prepare to be mad....She is a fantastic cut of meat.....Filet Mignon X10......

This thread is about A. Jolie's choice of surgery to prevent breast cancer; in order to prolong her life to be here for her children.

It is not about how attractive she is; you are way off topic!

I think you mean "was".

Anyway, if she's that thick, she needs the pain and mental anguish she's going through. It will de-thick-ify her. I feel bad for Brad though

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wasn't there a movie that was based on a true story that a young woman had the same type of gene where she had tests done which didn't show any cancer but she was convinced that she had it and had her breast removed anyway only to find out later that there was cancer in the breasts when they rechecked the removed breast? If i remember it I will post the name of it......just cant remember atm.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Who would make a tongue-in-cheek joke about cancer? Cancer isn't funny at all.

I think the title of this thread is in bad taste, Jolie has been extremely brave and made a very tough choice for the sake of her life and her family.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMasterMinder

Do show where the the word joke and t-i-c are in the same paragraph. Please do.

Cool av.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'd love to know why its a conspiracy when a celeb does it, but the thousands of women who did it before her dont count....

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

As much as I enjoy her (would like to see a third Tomb Raider with her), she's CFR elitist scum and the deeper meanings behind such public spectacles are to be pondered.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

As mush as I enjoy her (would like to see a third Tomb Raider with her), she's CFR elitist scum and the deeper meanings behind such public spectacles are to be pondered.

Are you pondering the idea that it is nothing more than a case of someone who can reach an audience choosing to be the face of those that are faced with this choice? That she is doing something GOOD?

Seriously, as I already said, some people will try to find a conspiracy in anything. Even acts of bravery and kindness.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yes, public faces of ruthless elistist organizations, making public spectacles of controversial topics such as cancer, transhumanism / immortality obsessionism, yes deeper meanings / motivations there are to be pondered. The CFR by its very nature is conspiratorial. Wheres the controversy here?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Kuddos to Ms.Jolie for making a VERY tough choice and doing it with grace! Obviously she did NOT share this information about her conditon or her treatment for any "publicity related" reasons but rather simply to inform others about the testing, results, and options...in this respect, she is a "champion" for all women IMHO...can you even imagine if someone who is in the news for so little as a broken fingernail was faced with this issue?

I have always admired her spirit and talent: this very personal disclosure made her even more "human" to me and I really dislike those comments I've read elsewhere today that accused her of somehow being an "elitist" who could "afford this method" of treatment...are you kidding? Implications that "she should use her celebrity to make this treatment available to more women..." I believe she already HAS done a lot! if you think this type of surgery is "easy" I can assure you that you've never had it done.

ANY major surgery and an "elective" one that changes one's appearance has HUGE implications and risks both physically and mentally! I can only imagine her fear for herself, her family, and the very basic human anxiety and apprehension about the "outcome" and how it might affect her future.She is one of the most iconic women in the world today in terms of her "physical beauty" and makes her living/supports her kids from her looks and abilities!

.I believe she shared her situaton NOT as the "screen goddess" she is known as but rather as a very "human" female like many of us who wishes to show that she is not above disease or stress or fear...it elevated her to me because of her humility.

I figure that if a man like Brad Pitt can support her in a loving and considerate manner and be proud of her decision as well as accept any physical changes,than there is hope for all women who are faced with such a harsh reality!

edit on 14-5-2013 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Bravery is to go down fighting, to die a legend.

Being so obsessed with immortality, to throw away your goddess'esque career and fade with a whimper, in the FEAR of death, quite the opposite. Yet more reasons to ponder deeper aforementioned meanings.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Does she really need a second opinion to tell her that her mother was affected by the disease?

It does run in the Genes regardless of what any test says.

It is her business and if I were her I would not bother announcing it at all.

My grandmother had breast cancer, she has 6 daughters all are in their 80's-90's and none got it.

If it is caught early it is always treatable I thought. I wonder why not just get really good checkups all the time.

Her decision was announced on the morning news which is weird to me.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

And it's her choice to do so.

If she thinks that this will help her to stick around for her kids, then so be it.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yes, public faces of ruthless elistist organizations, making public spectacles of controversial topics such as cancer, transhumanism / immortality obsessionism, yes deeper meanings / motivations there are to be pondered. The CFR by its very nature is conspira

A) You didnt answer either of the questions that I have posed.
B)Have you happened to take the time to look at what kind of work she does? Yeah, all that humanitarian work sure is ruthless....
C)This woman should be applauded. What she did was extremely brave, very personal, and quite selfless. Yet you would disparage her anyway. This is just shameful.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Bravery is to go down fighting, to die a legend.

Being so obsessed with immortality, to throw away your goddess'esque career and fade with a whimper, in the FEAR of death, quite the opposite. Yet more reasons to ponder deeper aforementioned meanings.
Are you kidding me? She did this for her family. She went public with it to be a face for other women in the same situation.

What does this have to do with immortality? How is she throwing away her career?

This is just downright nonsense.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join