It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFR's Jolie has both breast removed without yet having cancer. Didn't anyone slip her the memo?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Fair warning....

...that all this nonsensical personal bickering will stop now.

This great site of ours has been built on the cornerstone of civility and decorum. As members, we are free to discuss any issue as long as it within the parameters of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when registering with this site.

On that note, please confine your remarks to the issue at hand and refrain from attacking one another. Adherence to this simple request is expected. No exceptions.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
[
Yeah I just read about it now.....I still feel this news is sad to me.....Good for her, I am glad she feels better....That doesn't dismiss me being sad for her getting rid of those perfect twins.....
edit on 5/14/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

A. Jolie did have reconstructive surgery.

I'm just saying.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

It really doesn't bother me getting teamed up on about my opinions....My wife of 13 years is really happy and I have no disrespect toward women, I promise.

Just because I love Angie doesn't make personal attacks hurt....

I will stop speaking about it now though.....My thoughts and prayers go out to her and I hope she stays cancer free now...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I've spent months, months, doing nothing but reading thousands of papers in pubmed (like days where 18 hours where spent). I know the language now. I've delt with the cancer industry and the sociopath doctors first hand (I only met one doctor at Moffitt that wasn't textbook sociopath). I know how this thing works. Have been on the losing side of it. Studying cancer chemistry is one of my main 'hobbies'. And there are machines that are real, really amazing, and way under the radar (and I'm not talking about snake oil powered EM machines either).

You're still speaking in simple singular terms. I have much work to do on ATS, huge presentations, and they will come in due time. This thread here was me just waking up and seeing a headline, and thinking about that 23andMe angle, then just so happening to see that banner ad, and there you go 5 minutes to entertainment.

I don't know the specifics of Jobs' case. But with Jolie I'm betting it's part obsessionism to be one of the immortals (like Jobs aspired to be). Too bad for him. Maybe certain forces decided he 'had to go'. Who are any of us to say we know or not?

You might recall Cancer Is Dead? I whipped that up when I was a total noob; that was just a n00b scratching at the surface.
edit on 14-5-2013 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Studying cancer chemistry is one of my main 'hobbies'. And there are machines that are real.

Just reading about false claims that there are machines that can cure cancer doesn't make them true. Its almost certain if you read enough of these claim and want them to be true you might start to believe you are doing real research.

Steve Jobs was the head of a world leading multi-billion dollar tech company with all the time and money and resources to pay people to find out if there was a secret cure. The guy was a maverick and an innovator, yet when he tried alternative medicines and treatments he succumbed to cancer just like everyone else. You could spend your entire life reading second rate blog's forum posts and never even come close to finding out what that guy could unearthed with a team of private doctors on the case. Which is what he ad and they couldn't save him.

Theres people out there who sell time machines on ebay but it doesn't mean they work. There's lots of promising research being done but nothing hidden or secret.

Sorry but I dont believe in a secret cancer cure.

edit on 14-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

To be fair,although i don't like her much,she did'nt put a gun to Brad's head to leave Jen for her-that was on him too,in fact more so,than on Angelina.Well with a prognosis like that i can understand her choice.She has the money for expert breast reconstruction,anyway.For any woman with young children, who after dna testing gets a prognosis of 87% chance of developing breast cancer,it really is better to err on the side of caution,imo.I wonder if following a diet that kept her body alkalinised +regular mammograms may have kept the more drastic option at bay till she was a bit older,though?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
How dare she make an informed decision and use her celebrity to show that it is ok for women to do this, which has shown to greatly reduce the risks (and for the record, is not uncommon).

Rates of women who are opting for preventive mastectomies have increased by an estimated 50 percent in recent years, experts say. And surveys show they are happy with the decision.

vitals.nbcnews.com...

Some people really will try to make a conspiracy out of EVERY. SINGLE. THING.

edit on 14-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Studying cancer chemistry is one of my main 'hobbies'. And there are machines that are real.

Just reading about false claims that there are machines that can cure cancer doesn't make them true. Its almost certain if you read enough of these claim and want them to be true you might start to believe you are doing real research.

Please reread my post. I had posted before I finished that sentence.

Steve Jobs was the head of a world leading multi-billion dollar tech company with all the time and money and resources to pay people to find out if there was a secret cure.

What better fall guy to "prove" there's "no cure" "for cancer" for all us simpletons...

The guy was a maverick and an innovator, yet when he tried alternative medicines and treatments he succumbed to cancer just like everyone else.

There you go once again referring to cancer like its some singular thing. Jobs died of Metastatic Insulinoma.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I thought taking out the breasts was pretty much futile for keeping cancer from occurring. If you really want to avoid it, chop out all the bones, muscle and tissue from your armpits right down to the top of your ribcage. That will insure that no residual breast tissue remains to wreak potential havoc.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in reading about her decision and experience in her own words, here is her Op-Ed in the New York Times.. My Medical Choice

I wanted to write this to tell other women that the decision to have a mastectomy was not easy. But it is one I am very happy that I made. My chances of developing breast cancer have dropped from 87 percent to under 5 percent. I can tell my children that they don’t need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer.

It is reassuring that they see nothing that makes them uncomfortable. They can see my small scars and that’s it. Everything else is just Mommy, the same as she always was. And they know that I love them and will do anything to be with them as long as I can. On a personal note, I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity.

She had the money to afford the procedure and a support system to get her through it. She's lucky to have those things, many women don't.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Like I said, maybe he "had to go". Maybe he's the poster child set up to maintain your neuronal constructs that there's nothing sinister about the cancer industry? Who is anyone to say?

Oh, lookie, one rich billionaire dies of Metastatic Insulinoma of the pancreas. There's the PROOF: no "cure" for "cancer".

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join