It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia "Undercover CIA Agent" Detained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok so im sat down watching sky news. And THIS comes on.. Oh thats pretty interesting i said to myself. Until i saw THE WIG
....seriously? This guy cant be a CIA agent surely with a wig like this......
.....Is this what things have come to?.Are the elite spies feeling the heat of government cut backs haha......seriously DUDE!!!!!!!!!!
Heres some ideas for for your agents in future.

I will take the monk one...Everyone trusts a monk .....Right???

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Hmm, yeah budget cuts. Defo budget cuts for sure!

I read recently, and I can't remember where of course, that the states had caught three Russian 'spies'. The FBI had been following them for ten years! Turns out they weren't really 'spies' at all, but they were arrested for embezzling money.

And sure, you can trust a monk.

-nat

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Haha..yea lets follow some spies for 10 years!! Makes sense. Im sure all the secrets would have been passed across by then
.....I dread to think what the UK spies are like with some of the clowns running this place haha

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's still better than your disguise Doc

Don't make me post it

This was the mail's take on it

HERE

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

My disguise always work haha..thanks for the link. Wonder if he got his wigs from poundland

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wow....just....wow.

This has to be a setup of some kind. No way this guy is CIA, or if he is, this other "gear" is planted by the Russians. This violates SO many rules of spycraft it is hard to even know where to begin.

A compass? Seriously? Was it part of his Bond, Jr. spy set?

This guy seems WAY too young, also, to be a case officer. If he truly is, then his superiors are the ones who really need to be raked over the coals, as this guy was obviously not ready for first contact with a potential agent.

No, this smells REALLY fishy...

edit on 14-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

...Yes thats what i thought when i saw the table of toys!. But you never know its a funny old world haha. Theres something in it for sure...He sure dont look happy being pictured with the wig

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It's not as good as my wig

And I work for sources yet to be named

Oh bugger there goes the promotion

Cody

edit on 14/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Let's just say I know a bit more about this than the average Joe. NONE of this is consistent with actual practices...this is like some kind of bad practical joke or something.... There is something really, really weird here. Letter agreements? And no case officer would make first contact without fully investigating and observing the would-be agent for some time, to ensure he/she isn't a lure. (and why the hell would you need a wig in a country where everyone wears the same damn hat?)

The "spy" life is made out to be a lot more glamorous than it really is. I used to be convinced this was my life's calling, but the more I got involved in the process, the more disillusioned I became. For starters, just getting into a program took months, numerous interviews, a lengthy background check, exams and aptitude tests, and this was just for a student trainee program.

Plus, you, as a case officer, aren't really the spy. You're basically a manager. Your job is to recruit agents (foreign nationals to do the spying), and you then pay them (through an intermediary or drop) and collate their information into your reports to your superiors back in Langley. Like this guy, you typically work out of an embassy or some front company. While "first contact" (when first approaching a likely agent) is the time you are most likely to be caught, things like wigs, offer letters, etc. don't enter into it. Subsequent communication is coded "dead drops". I can't imagine trying to use e-mail in a relatively closed nation known for e-warfare. Might as well wear a sign. There are also several ways to have messages that once read are destroyed, so can't imagine having some letter on him.

Mr. Fogle certainly was in the right position to be a CIA case officer, but he's pretty young for the role (typically, you'd use someone who's been in country for years, for someplace like Russia), and either he is the most dimwitted spy ever out of Langley, or the "gear" found is completely false and made up. I really hope it's the latter, because if Mr. Fogle represents the spy masters out of the CIA today, then we're in a lot of trouble....

edit on 14-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join