It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it matter,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What does any of it matter? By matter I mean everything? Your views, perceptions, conspiracies, political beliefs, take a look at all of it? Does it control you? Or do you control them? When do we start calling BS on ourselves and taking responsibility for our actions and thoughts? When is it ok to stay ignorrant due to our lack of perception? What is perception?

per·cep·tion (pr-spshn)
n.
1. The process, act, or faculty of perceiving.
2. The effect or product of perceiving.
3. Psychology
a. Recognition and interpretation of sensory stimuli based chiefly on memory.
b. The neurological processes by which such recognition and interpretation are effected.
a. Insight, intuition, or knowledge gained by perceiving.
b. The capacity for such insight.

Are you one who expands your own perception or are you one who keeps your own blanket, over your own eyes because you don't like what someone else has to say? Ignorrance is bliss, only for the ignorrant.

Are you willing to open yourself to new possibilities? Even when said possibilites are "Ludicris"? Not possible? Highly unlikely? Or are you quick to drop back into what you "know" and shut down anothers? Why?

I am a firm believer that a tiger can't change it's strips, at the same time that would mean no change is possible making my "Firm Believer" statement hypocritical~

Hypocritical, are you defensive when you hear this word directed at you? Why? Could you not see where someone was coming from? Lack of perception maybe? Why? Did you not want to see someones perception because you would have to admit, your wrong? Why?

Why do we carry on everyday expecting change but not helping institute the change within our own being? Similar to the definition of "Chaos"~

What does it matter, do you put value on inatimate objects, that in reality have no implications on your own well being?

What does any of it matter. When individuals talk about change but don't help usher the first part of change within themselves? That to me is empty words. We all wish and desire change but look elsewhere for the answer. Hypocritical at the very least, when all we need to is take a look at the man/woman in the mirror.

Regardless if you love or hate the "King of Pop" This song holds many answers, starting and ending with yourself.

But even with my OP, What does it matter? Does it? Why shouldn't it? Do we care enough about ourselves to acknowledge our own short comings, to help initiate a change within?

Lost are we all, in sea of discontent, no paddles, no floaties, just thrashing around trying to survive and when we find something to grab do we not submerge "it"? Or do we learn to work with "it" to help keep everything afloat?

What does it matter? There is no chair, it's only a chair because of the "Value" I associate with a chair being a chair. When you realize there is no "chair" that chair will disapear and you will see "true nature" and "being"

Thoughts? Comments? Perceptions?
Does it matter?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Nice thread. SnF.

I am the type of person who doesn't need to see to believe, yes I question everything as well.
Also I was thinking how you said a tiger can't change out of his stripes, that is true. So that made me think of my 65 yr old grandma. She is always negative, and she will never change.

I have the chance to be better at 29. I accept people for who they are not what they do. I don't look down or judge anyone for not believing the same as me. To each his own I say. I still have so many faults.

I sometimes look in the mirror though and see straight through.

I guess I felt compelled to share even though I didn't have to... meh..
-nat
Edit-I want to take my whole reply back but I won't ....
I just didn't really answer any of those questions you asked.
And yes I think it does matter. I matter, my family matters. My son really matters. My little sis matters a whole lot.

I am here for a reason.

edit on 14-5-2013 by natalia because: Add

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Good post, I'm sure everyone from time to time feels this way. In short, no, it doesn't matter. The universe continues to expand, mountains continue to form, stars continue to explode. You think they notice your actions? It's hard not to be apathetic sometimes, I can understand that. And everyones a hypocrite, everyones a liar. I'm guilty of it myself.

These are tough questions that have been pondered I'm sure since man first formed thought. While I don't claim to know the answers, I will say that though it may not matter in the grand scheme of things which job you have, clothes you wear, possessions you own, as long as you can fond some form of happiness, embrace it.

I look at my 6 month old son and know that what I do matters in his life. Sometimes people forget that they just need to be people. Rejoice at every inhalation of breath. You are alive, it's the most important thing youve done. Can you remember NOT being alive? It's really an amazing thing, and in a hundred years it won't matter anyways, youll be a corpse. But you can choose to live your life well, or suffer and struggle. Be grateful now.

"welcome to this world have as much fun as you would like, while helping others have as much fun as you're having, be kind to those you love and be kind to those you don't, but for gods sake, you've gotta be kind. And respectful because, we're all one soul. Be the best f$&@ing human that you can be!"
-Andrew Jackson Jihad

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Are you willing to open yourself to new possibilities? Even when said possibilites are "Ludicris"? Not possible? Highly unlikely? Or are you quick to drop back into what you "know" and shut down anothers? Why?

Always open to new ideas even if a tad scared sometimes, but then fear fires the adrenalin.

Hypocritical, are you defensive when you hear this word directed at you? Why? Could you not see where someone was coming from? Lack of perception maybe? Why? Did you not want to see someones perception because you would have to admit, your wrong? Why?

I never get defensive at being called a hypocrite, I am one, I preach love, peace and understanding, but would take up arms again to defend against the enforcement of for example sharia law

I once read a great quote

Perception........................use it or lose it

What does it matter, do you put value on inatimate objects, that in reality have no implications on your own well being?

Yes, I'd be lost without my computer, even though I have no idea how it works

It's the easiest way to talk to like minded people and share a laugh when I'm alone.

Do we care enough about ourselves to acknowledge our own short comings, to help initiate a change within?

Some of us do
After a really nasty bike accident when I was 18, I had 3 1/2 months bolted to a bed to reassess my life, I am forever grateful for that accident, it cost me my life for a short while on the way to hospital, it damn near cost me a leg for life. Did I see my shortcomings ? Yes very much so. Did I acknowledge them ? Reluctantly at first but then with a vigour. Did it initiate a change within ? Absolutely.

I like the man I've become, I smile when I see my reflection.

Probably because I know it matters.

I may not change the world.

But I can make a small difference everyday to somebody and who knows where that might lead ?

Cody

edit on 14/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thank you to all who shared so far. It matter's not if you answered any questions in my OP. Only that it struck a "Chord" if you will, causing a reflection of thoughts and perceptions.

I guess I'm in a reflective mood today, as chaotic as this world is. If I didn't take the time to reflect, not dwell, just take time to look at how I've reacted to situations and events and if in any moment, did I act out of anger, or hypocracy? Did I act out of compassion, love and understanding?

Was I leading by example? Did I exemplify the charecteristics I hold true to myself as Values and Morals? Or was I jaded and stayed within the boundaries therein and curcumvent the situation to serve my needs or whatever have you.

Thank you again~

sulaw

p.s Cody my man, your responses always bring a
to my face, thanks bro~

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I live my life on a river, meaning I live day to day minute to minute and whatever happens, well, happens. I don't put much thought into whether a thing matters or whether it dosen't. Ultimately, nothing matters to anyone else but yourself.

After all, reality is subjective. One truth to me may be a falsehood to you. For instance I think the best sandwhiches are PB&J but maybe you think the ultimate sandwich is ham & swiss. From my point of there is no better sandwich than PB&J which of course is not the same reality that you hold (i.e. ham & swiss is best)
The same could be said for notions of good and evil, though the outcomes of such considerations will likely be drastic compared to those offered by discussions regarding the merits of ham & swiss VS. PB&J.

My point is, There is no point.

Live for the now, in the now(if there is a now), or don't, It's all the same to me (but not you)

Let me, if I may, quote the Old Man of the Mountains Hassan-I-Sabbah:

Nothing is true, Everything is permissable

While the statement itself is rather open to interpretation I think It sums up the idea of this thread fairly well. I will offer a more 'down to earth' version that I use.

Nothing is true, except to you.

S&F

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Lost are we all, in sea of discontent, no paddles, no floaties, just thrashing around trying to survive and when we find something to grab do we not submerge "it"? Or do we learn to work with "it" to help keep everything afloat?

I'm Red Cross certified as a life guard, so I just float around and go with the flow until I have to "fish out" someone who's gotten in over their head.....that's how I roll!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I'm not sure if it was the comment or that crazy cat .gif that just made my day~!
Dig it!

top topics

join