When your computer reads your mind

page: 1
11
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Has anyone else experienced opening up your computer and seeing headlines that are interesting to you yet you do not click on the link and then your computer goes to it anyway?

This seems to happen quite frequently for me in the past couple months.

I mean at first I thought maybe i had inadvertently hit it or something, but as time goes on and it happens more frequently, I have to wonder if my computer can actually read my mind?

Has anyone else experienced this?




posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Adware.



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


I don't understand...your pc is opening up windows and links without your say-so?..That doesn't sound like a good thing. Run your virus scan.

As far as computers reading my mind, it's just the highly invasive Google that knows my browsing habits all too well


edit on 14-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Seems I am not the only one with this going on:


Okay-this is starting to freak me out a little as it is very Minority Report. Whenever (almost without fail) I type in a Google search, Google totally predicts what I'm asking for. I could see for example, if I typed in Whitney and the suggestions had to do with Whitney Houston. But, I'm not talking about that. For example: I'm a lawyer and wanted to look up opposing counsel that I never hear of. So, at work, I typed in the first name (very common like Lisa or Robert). And, wouldn't you know it, the person's first and last name appeared as a suggested search (Robert Smith attorney fairfax). Another example: I was looking at a recipe on line today that called for eggs. I had some eggs that I was unsure of. So-i typed in two words: how to. Before I had a chance to finish my query, the suggestions came up and the third was "how to tell if eggs have gone bad." how the hell does it know. The "how to" could have been anything!! Please help me out here with an explanation! Like I said, this happens all the time!

www.dcurbanmom.com...

Here is an interesting one about using technologies to enhance ones ability to communicate through a small implant in the brain...



But it is," says Melody Moore, a research scientist at Georgia State University. "Not in that capacity yet, but we're beginning to understand brain activity," she said. "We can listen in on it. We can intercept it. We can interpret it."



Moore was speaking on Tuesday not to a crowd of bespectacled Trekkies, but to the Association for Computing Machinery's Conference on Assistive Technologies. The event is designed to explore how computers can help disabled or handicapped people.

Moore and her colleagues are attempting a feat that's nothing if not ambitious: controlling a computer through brain signals.

The key technology involved is called a neurotrophic electrode, which is about the size of the head of a ballpoint pen, and is designed to be directly inserted into a brain so it can interface with neurons.

It's connected to a tiny amplifier and transmitter, which are inserted closer to the surface of the skin, just under the scalp. Also present is a small power source that allows wireless transmission of the signals to a nearby computer.


www.wired.com...

Perhaps some of us have already undergone this procedure and are interfacing right now through an unknown covert experiment???



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha
 


I am not talking about having a problem with my PC or having the bots know my browsing habits. This happens more like when I open the homepage and see an article that looks interesting to me but that I do not wish to read, yet when I try to go to for instance ATS, it directs me to that instead. It is just weird and I was wondering if any others here have had this experience.

Thanks for stopping by!



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


..I think Google is just good at what they do. They cross-reference all your searches, cookies etc. and try to provide you with relevant information.

I once saw an ad for McDonalds while browsing online and went to get a Big Mac. The internet didn't read my mind, but it placed a powerful suggestion in it.

Originally posted by antar
see an article that looks interesting to me but that I do not wish to read, yet when I try to go to for instance ATS, it directs me to that instead.

'Kay. I guess I don't know what you mean by that then. If the article looks interesting, why not just read it in the first place?

edit on 14-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Remember google will know where you live (according to your ip address) and also it will maintain as much knowledge of you as possible via a tracking cookie so it know that the questions being asked are from your machine so it will know that if you regularly search for legal info or persons its going to generally be in your wanted area which is instate lawyers, its one of those things where every search really gives them a more detailed search pattern of you so after you've searched google for 3-400 different case notes in your state and the last one was written by Jane Doe that you looked it its going to increase the probability that when you type Jane the surname Doe will be the one you want

Its all beyond be in practical sense but from studying Z set theory i can see how they can really track you down to a target audience



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This was probably when you moved over to the singularity on 22 December 2012...

Cause in my world computers don't yet read your mind...



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You should destroy your computer. Make sure to finish it off with fire or it will regenerate and come back for revenge.

My toaster sometimes makes toast without my consent. I don't even know how the bread got in there! The day of machine reckoning is upon us!

Best of luck with your possessed computer.



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


Well what happens with me, is I'll be talking about something and what I'm talking about...well an ad will pop up of what i just spoke of and I haven't even browsed for it.
So are they listening to me?

-nat



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So how are all of you enjoying the global mind-reading conspiracy as you discuss this so nonchalantly?



You know, the one you cover up and label certain folks as schizophrenics because they're too noisy about the whole thing.



and no, I'm not diagnosed as anything, because I don't go to your doctors.


How many people are in prison wrongfully because of telepathy not being accounted in laws?

You all get on here and discuss the reality of telepathic and psychic nature and "weird" occurrences day in
and day out but LAUGH at it when anyone attempts solidifying it into the way things are handled.

You say to one person they are crazy, and then you say to another they are valid because their occurrence
is similar to yours.

None of you ever surface this thought, because if you did you'd have to be honest with yourself and what
rotten people this world is made up of, even closer to home than you'd like to admit..
Sure, you guys allude to it every now and then (a lot) with a psychic dream or a telepathic occurrence post, but why don't any of you ever discuss the updating these things into the laws, the day to day stuff, etc...

What? Because it hasn't been discovered enough yet? It's not ever GOING to be discovered enough (we've long past the ability technologically and biologically to be able to do this) because denial prevents it, wide scale denial.

Eh, whatever. Same old story, people will keep on this way until the world ends. I probably shouldn't even click submit. Too many self-lies in the world for me to ever address. Oh well.

anyway
Look at my post count, I'm a long time lurker, I don't partake in your mad discussions. ATS just happens
to be one of a few places that I can read up about anyone being mildly up front about such things. You get your outcasts on here quite a bit that will tell a lot.

Oh yeah, don't forget to be sarcastic towards me or sweep me under the rug.




With the right point of view, this can be a good training wheel site for people wanting to challenge ignorance in the world (by challenging, ironically, the ignorance on this site mostly.), so I guess that's good. But, it's also infested with people who won't ever progress their morality whatsoever.




anyway.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Boderm because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2013 by Boderm because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2013 by Boderm because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2013 by Boderm because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2013 by Boderm because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Seems I am not the only one with this going on:


Okay-this is starting to freak me out a little as it is very Minority Report. Whenever (almost without fail) I type in a Google search, Google totally predicts what I'm asking for. I could see for example, if I typed in Whitney and the suggestions had to do with Whitney Houston. But, I'm not talking about that. For example: I'm a lawyer and wanted to look up opposing counsel that I never hear of. So, at work, I typed in the first name (very common like Lisa or Robert). And, wouldn't you know it, the person's first and last name appeared as a suggested search (Robert Smith attorney fairfax). Another example: I was looking at a recipe on line today that called for eggs. I had some eggs that I was unsure of. So-i typed in two words: how to. Before I had a chance to finish my query, the suggestions came up and the third was "how to tell if eggs have gone bad." how the hell does it know. The "how to" could have been anything!! Please help me out here with an explanation! Like I said, this happens all the time!

www.dcurbanmom.com...

Here is an interesting one about using technologies to enhance ones ability to communicate through a small implant in the brain...



But it is," says Melody Moore, a research scientist at Georgia State University. "Not in that capacity yet, but we're beginning to understand brain activity," she said. "We can listen in on it. We can intercept it. We can interpret it."



Moore was speaking on Tuesday not to a crowd of bespectacled Trekkies, but to the Association for Computing Machinery's Conference on Assistive Technologies. The event is designed to explore how computers can help disabled or handicapped people.

Moore and her colleagues are attempting a feat that's nothing if not ambitious: controlling a computer through brain signals.

The key technology involved is called a neurotrophic electrode, which is about the size of the head of a ballpoint pen, and is designed to be directly inserted into a brain so it can interface with neurons.

It's connected to a tiny amplifier and transmitter, which are inserted closer to the surface of the skin, just under the scalp. Also present is a small power source that allows wireless transmission of the signals to a nearby computer.


www.wired.com...

Perhaps some of us have already undergone this procedure and are interfacing right now through an unknown covert experiment???


Absolutely., good thread. anyone who believes this is bullhockey, for lack of a more acceptable word, wake the f&**c k up. Yes, your computer is not only reading your mind, it is making your mind seem to be someone else's.. How about that for a total mind f&% ck......



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boderm
So how are all of you enjoying the global mind-reading conspiracy as you discuss this so nonchalantly?



You know, the one you cover up and label certain folks as schizophrenics because they're too noisy about the whole thing.



and no, I'm not diagnosed as anything, because I don't go to your doctors.


How many people are in prison wrongfully because of telepathy not being accounted in laws?

You all get on here and discuss the reality of telepathic and psychic nature and "weird" occurrences day in
and day out but LAUGH at it when anyone attempts solidifying it into the way things are handled.

You say to one person they are crazy, and then you say to another they are valid because their occurrence
is similar to yours.

None of you ever surface this thought, because if you did you'd have to be honest with yourself and what
rotten people this world is made up of, even closer to home than you'd like to admit..
Sure, you guys allude to it every now and then (a lot) with a psychic dream or a telepathic occurrence post, but why don't any of you ever discuss the updating these things into the laws, the day to day stuff, etc...

What? Because it hasn't been discovered enough yet? It's not ever GOING to be discovered enough (we've long past the ability technologically and biologically to be able to do this) because denial prevents it, wide scale denial.

Eh, whatever. Same old story, people will keep on this way until the world ends. I probably shouldn't even click submit. Too many self-lies in the world for me to ever address. Oh well.

anyway
Look at my post count, I'm a long time lurker, I don't partake in your mad discussions. ATS just happens
to be one of a few places that I can read up about anyone being mildly up front about such things. You get your outcasts on here quite a bit that will tell a lot.

Oh yeah, don't forget to be sarcastic towards me or sweep me under the rug.




With the right point of view, this can be a good training wheel site for people wanting to challenge ignorance in the world (by challenging, ironically, the ignorance on this site mostly.), so I guess that's good. But, it's also infested with people who won't ever progress their morality whatsoever.




anyway.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Boderm because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2013 by Boderm because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2013 by Boderm because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2013 by Boderm because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-5-2013 by Boderm because: (no reason given)


Not to put a curse on you, but I really, really like your thinking.......It is dead on, and holds accountable those who talk the talk and never walk the walk.



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia
 


Yes, I've thought about something, something I've never looked up on Google. To myself, alone, at home. Not even spoke out loud. And, when I go to my computer, many times, I see an ad pop up or as one poster indicated, as I go to type it in, some obscure item, before I have a chance to get it even a quarter of the way typed into Google.it is one of the options. How strange this can feel.

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it is kinda creepy, especially when you are home alone in the evening...



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but working in the information field I find a good chuckle in this. There are complex algorithms that work with not only popular searches among people in general, but also with grammar and sentence structure to determine your "Instant" results on Google. For those of you that are a bit paranoid about this, here is a bunch of clarification:

How Google Instant Search Works
edit on 15-5-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel
 


Thank you for replying to me in a nice way and not sarcastically.

I just don't understand the mean and sarcastic comments that I read through just now. It makes my heart hurt.

I come to this site to learn and chat with like minded people. Then the op has a question and they seemed concerned, and they get mean replies and accusation from someone that doesn't even reply much but for some reason this thread made them want to reply. Complete confusion.

Anyway, haven't read up on anything, but would not doubt if google is listening or reading our thoughts. I don't rule anything out with google. Maybe I shoulnt have even replied if I get upset so easy but today is just not a good day I guess...

Again thank you for telling me your story and being nice. I needed some niceness.

-nat
edit on 15-5-2013 by natalia because: Meh...
edit on 15-5-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia
 


You're welcome. Nice is underrated. I oftentimes don't post my thoughts because I get exhausted just thinking about the hate posts it can generate.

This is a site for questioning things, sharing things. Doesn't mean we're crazy or have too much time on our hands. Doesn't mean we aren't educated, smart, savvy. It means weird "stuff" happens to people, stuff that sometimes doesn't seem to have a quick, easy, scientific, logical answer. Maybe it does, but we haven't learned the science yet, personally or globally. And sometimes, perhaps, there are lies out in the world by media, governments or big business -- whatever -- and they want folks to not question the rote answers.

I sometimes read stuff on ATS that I think, wow, maybe that person is off a bit. But then, I stop myself, and think, there are things that have happened to me, things I've seen or heard or felt, but another person may have no experience with it, so they will want to think it is hogwash, or the ramblings of a nut.

I try not to claim I "know" the "truth" of something and then argue for it, because, I'm just relaying my experience and perception. I don't mind people asking questions or even giving alternative explanations, but it would be nice if they were friendly about it and not antagonistic. What's the point of being so meanspirited?

Hope the day gets better!
edit on 15-5-2013 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I didn't mean to be sarcastic or mean in any way if you are referring to me. Anyone who works in the information field would understand where I'm coming from. What we do is often times misunderstood or under appreciated, especially those of us who do a large bit of programming. It as if we are sorcerers and wizards to some and it is kind of a running joke or inside humor among the developers/IT guys out there. It made me chuckle because I can see how easily people could become paranoid about this if they didn't truly understand how it works or could be done. It makes me feel sort of humbled to know that I work in a field that is still so misunderstood that it can inflict some paranoia and uncertainty in people. It makes me feel better to know that I DO understand it and can impart my knowledge or understanding to those who don't. While you may not understand the same way as I, you can find comfort in knowing that someone does and it isn't the worst of your fears.
edit on 15-5-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo
 


I wasn't referring to you as being the sarcastic one. You actually gave info on it, but I still couldn't find if they can hear me when I speak or not speak.
And as I typed in 'can google... It finished my sentence for me..hear me speak' and I know google keeps tabs on what I visit, I'm on a conspiracy forum so..... It knows I would look up things like that or ask questions like that.

Anyway, thanks you for doing what you do and thank you for giving us info on things I didn't know much about before. And I am serious. I am in a serious mood today, no jokes. Even though I wouldn't mind a nice joke.

-nat



posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia
 


Well, Google does have "Google Voice" and "Google Now" for mobile devices and I think your PC as well (with proper microphone). So, with the appropriate input device I would assume that Google could technically "Hear you speak". That is only under the circumstance that you have allowed Google to listen though. It wouldn't be legal for your mic to run open and for Google to listen without your consent. Voice recognition is improving, but what Google uses for the consumer market (from what I know) wouldn't be accurate enough to put into use for listening purposes. When you use voice on your phone, you can get all sorts of random stuff. While Google is a mega corporation, it pales in comparison to the invasive procedures and hardware that Apple has included in its line of products. Two way video, radio, touch and I/O. They can listen and see everything you're doing from a remote location using your phone cameras and microphones. This is also the case for iPods and iPads. I'd imagine Google has the same capability, but Apple has openly admitted their use of it and even said it WOULD be used in cases of theft and phone "jailbreaking". They can remotely lock and shut down an iPhone for good for any reason. They said these features are included to help identify thieves and make theft of their products less desirable.





new topics
top topics
 
11
<<   2 >>

log in

join