It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Log-boat found in Boyne could be 5,000 years old

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

All of it? I'm well aware of some schools choosing to teach creatonism which is bs. but never heard of historical bs. being taught.
Afaik they dont teach stuff like "columbus found amerika" anymore since we know that vikings did that. I could be wrong thought and that's why I'm interested in more info.
edit on 14/5/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
There have been major finds all over the UK that pretty much put the mainstream text-book history/science that we are taught in school into the hoax category, and they certainly blow the biblical theory that the earth is 5,000 years old out of contention.

Actually, what's going on is that new finds cause the history books and science books to be rewritten. This is a GOOD thing, otherwise we'd never have any published history and the last science we'd have would be books by Aristotle.

That said, I hope it's closer to the 5k mark... the construction there is very interesting.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I was unaware of the books being updated, are they still teaching the fairy tale Thanksgiving and Columbus arrival where we trade spices and gold?

ETA:

I went to school in the USA and Canada throughout my life...just pointing out my perspective.
edit on 5/14/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Actually ,
The credit for discovering the new world
goes to Homo Erectus, Homo Denisova or Homo Neanderthalis or some other closely related homonid, in my opinion.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Sounds like you went to a Catholic school. The curriculum updates usually in 1 1/2 to 5 years depending on the wealth of the school district and the country.

The Vikings being in the Americas started to show up in books in mid to late 60's. Now days it's much faster.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Sounds like you went to a Catholic school. The curriculum updates usually in 1 1/2 to 5 years depending on the wealth of the school district and the country.

The Vikings being in the Americas started to show up in books in mid to late 60's. Now days it's much faster.

Dunno, my sister just finished 12th grade not to long ago, they have not updated the books since the 70's, i mean the revise the books to add small details, but Columbus is still the first (which isn't true), Canada is the biggest country in the world, and Canada were the ones to win WW2?? so i dunno, but a lot of it isn't updated, it's either an agenda or just funding issues.

It would be nice if the boat came from another land, like across the ocean, First Nations also built boats that could cross oceans, none of them came back to America of course, but it would be a nice find i believe.
edit on 14-5-2013 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Cannot speak to Canadian teaching of the history of teh Americas but here is the online outline of US history by the US government (those evil corrupt people) take a look at page 8-9, I've put images up of page 6 which covers the first americans and the arrival of the Europeans

US Government online HS text book for US history

But we are going off topic
edit on 14/5/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/5/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

My guess is that it is only a crude barge towed by ropes from the river edge by oxen and human...less than 1000 years old.
The main clue is oak isn't seaworthy material.
We'll see...
ETA: I Googled my anti-theory and found this gem: www.vikingdenmark.com...
This could be a real Vikings ship!
edit on 14-5-2013 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I am familiar with the area. The Boyne river rises in the Bog of Allan in County Kildare and meanders the whole way to Drogheda through county Meath. The main towns on the route are Drogheda, Slane, Navan and Trim. It is a famously historical site. Trim became a town during Norman times as one of the countries first castles was built there. You might recognize the castle as the scene where Mel Gibson(William Wallace) was executed in Braveheart. Navan the next town over is the point at where the river Blackwater ( a large tributary) meets the Boyne and was a major town due to the fact that it sat on this nexus point. If I was to guess, this was the destination of the boat, and I seriously doubt its five thousand years old. The actor Pierce Brosnan hails from this town. Slane is where ths boat was found I believe. Thsi is where thw orld famous concerts are held everyyear. This is also the site of the battle of the boyne in 1690 where King William of Orange took on King James the 2nd. The river goes onto Drogheda. This is the site where Oliver Cromwell decimated the town for no reason and uttered the words "To hell, or to Connaught". He was a diabolical man and is hated even now in modern times as a demonic person. On the route of the river Boyne the passage tombs of Knowth and Dowth also sit, alongside Newgrange and Tara Hill also sits close by.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Well, I was schooled in both the USA and Canada and there were some catholic schools. But the worse curriculum I was subjected to was the American public school system. Even as a young child from another country I could see past the charade such as Columbus, Thanksgiving, and plenty of other funny stuff.

I know it's off topic but I wanted to clarify your semi incorrect assumption.

They didn't teach us about Vikings coming here first in the 80s or 90s so I'm unsure what you were taught in the 60s. Don't Americans still teach their children that Columbus found "America"?

ETA:

The Canadian school system sucks too

edit on 5/15/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Do you think its possible that humans used these craft to reach the new world? Before colombo?

I just saw the guy above me talks about the same thing. I think its becoming clear in the last ten years that there were people from europe here before colombo

edit on 15-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Do you think its possible that humans used these craft to reach the new world? Before colombo?

I just saw the guy above me talks about the same thing. I think its becoming clear in the last ten years that there were people from europe here before colombo

edit on 15-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

Anything is possible but from what I can tell is that this is in a river, I am not familiar with the river, or how it would have looked 500-5,000 years ago, but that may play an important factor in figuring out what it's purpose was.

From what I can see it is submerged under the riverbed, which in my opinion means it has probably been there for quite a while. I could be wrong in this assumption as I am in no expert in the matter.

I have no doubt that the Vikings found North American before Columbus did and there is proof of this in places such as Newfoundland. The Vikings traded with the Natives, they even had settlements.

Therefore my conclusion is that if this is in fact belongs to the Vikings, then they probably came here in bigger boats and used smaller boats to navigate smaller waterways such as lakes and rivers. Once again this is all speculation on my behalf.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If you look at the examples I found above of HS history books - they teach that the native americans arrived first, then the Vikings, and then Columbus who opened up a whole big can of worms.

Public schools don't teach the bible, if you were taught the bible then you probably attended a school based on one of the religions.

Don't Americans still teach their children that Columbus found "America"?

Nope, please see above
edit on 15/5/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The History Channel has a real good examination of the exploritory trip by Sir William Synclair to America before Columbus...with an ending relating Columbus signature a hooked X seen on Kennington stone.
So Columbus had maps already showing the New World east coast.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

So Columbus had maps already showing the New World east coast.

His confusion and exploration in his later voyages would seem to refute that. What evidence do you have that he had secret 'maps'?

His a discussion of what information Columbus might have had

Columbus

Two maps of about 1490 are believed to have been associated with Columbus. The Paris map, an anonymous manuscript chart on vellum in the Bibliotheque Nationale, shows the coasts of the Atlantic from Norway to the mouth of the Congo. In the neck of the vellum is drawn a small circular mappa muadi surrounded by nine spheres on the moon and planets. On this mappa mundi Africa is depicted to the Cape of Good Hope and eastern Asia. follows Ptolemy. Inscriptions on the map derive mainly from D'Ailly's Imago Mundi and duplicate Columbus' annotations in his own copy. Charles de la Ronciere in 1924 identified the map as by Columbus. Of the various theories put forward today, David Quinn's suggestion that the map was made by Bartolome Colon in association with his visit to England in 1488-89, is the most convincing.

and

The second map is a large world map c. 1490 by Henricus Martellus, a German cartographer working in Italy in association with the Florentine mapengraver and publisher Francesco Rosselli. The map is marked with degrees of latitude and longitude. Although Martellus follows Ptolemy in many features, he corrects him in depicting Portuguese discoveries round Africa and in opening up the closed Indian Ocean. He extends Asia to include China and marks Cipango 20 degrees to the east of China.

and

The discovery in 1961 of the Martellus map, now in Yale University Library, has solved a puzzle which confounded experts. There is the striking resemblance between the conceptions of Toscanelli and Columbus and the depictions on the globe made by Martin Behaim at Nuremberg in 1492, the earliest extant terrestrial globe. Yet we have no evidence that Columbus and Behaim were collaborators or acquainted. To explain the similarity, authorities such as George E. Nunn conjectured that Columbus and Behaim drew on a common map source. Roberto Almagia speculated that the prototype map was one by Henricus Martellus. The Yale map fits Almagia's concept of the missing map. It appears that Columbus had seen this map, or one very like it, and that Behaim used a copy as one of his main sources.

edit on 15/5/13 by Hanslune because: Added a third ex-text

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

The key is the hooked X signatures and runes among the remaining Knights Templars.
If you are related to the inquisition, you not going to get anymore info from me...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
reply to post by Hanslune

The key is the hooked X signatures and runes among the remaining Knights Templars.
If you are related to the inquisition, you not going to get anymore info from me...

Er, how does that answer the question, what map? lol

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
it looks like a peace of wood floating in water

top topics

<< 1   >>

join