It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Log-boat found in Boyne could be 5,000 years old

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Log-boat found in Boyne could be 5,000 years old

www.belfas ttelegraph.co.uk

An ancient log-boat -- which could be thousands of years old -- has been discovered in the banks of the river Boyne.

An initial examination by underwater archaeologist Karl Brady suggests it could be very rare because, unlike other log-boats found here, it has oval shapes on the upper edge which could have held oars.

The boat was found by Christy Finglas, a member of the Boyne Fishermen's Rescue and Recovery Service (BFRRS), near Drogheda, Co Louth, as they were doing one of their regular operations to remove shopping trolleys from the Boyne.

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/14/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: link

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I know they claim that it "could be" 5,000 years old but this still amazes me. Due to my european ancestry (half Irish) I have always been interested in ancient Ireland.

There have been major finds all over the UK that pretty much put the mainstream text-book history/science that we are taught in school into the hoax category, and they certainly blow the biblical theory that the earth is 5,000 years old out of contention.

Regrettably this boat could be as young as 500 years old so further testing will be required to figure out the actual age of this find.

Hopefully this will lead to more discoveries and a better understanding of the inhabitants of the region during that time.

It's not very much to look at, but here is a picture that I was able to find.

www.belfas ttelegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/14/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: picture

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hope they excavate it soon.
Please post update or pictures as they come to hand.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

It's not very impressive but here is all I could find for pictures.

I will edit my OP to add this picture as well.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

There have been major finds all over the UK that pretty much put the mainstream text-book history/science that we are taught in school into the hoax category

such as ?????

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Viking? Or possibly a simple trading vessel, whatever it is.. cool, keep us updated.

2nd.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

There have been major finds all over the UK that pretty much put the mainstream text-book history/science that we are taught in school into the hoax category

such as ?????

History Of Ancient Ireland

There is no evidence to show that people lived in Ireland during the Old Stone Age, the Palaeolithic period. Although Palaeolithic settlers lived in main land Europe and Britain its thought they did arrive in Ireland until the middle of the Stone Age, Mesolithic period.

Ireland is an overflowing treasure trove of archaeological discovery and we have some of the finest ancient artifacts to be found in the World.

Mesolithic Period 8000 – 4500 BC

Believed to have come from Scotland the first settlers arrived in Ireland at around 7500BC. As Mesolithic people they were primitive hunters and fishermen settling in and around the Irish coast. They would have hunted bore, fished for salmon, trout and eel in the rivers and loughs. Fruits, nuts and berries would have also been collected.

Evidence of Mesolithic settlements can be found in places like Mount Sandel in County Derry, one of earliest human settlements in Ireland.

Neolithic Ireland 4500 – 2500 BC

At around 3500 BC the Neolithic people arrived in Ireland bring with them the skills needed for agriculture. With Ireland being a perfect location for agriculture it’s an industry that has lasted right to the current day. Today there is still evidence of Neolithic people in Ireland with sites such as the one in Belderg, County Mayo.

One of the most unique things about the history of Ireland is the amount of Neolithic burial sites located all over the country. These sites vary from standing stones to the more complex burial chamber such as the passage tomb at Newgrange.

The Neolithic people were highly skilled builders as evidence shows in many different sites in Ireland. The ancient passage tomb of Newgrange is one of the finest examples of how skilled the Neolithic people must have been.

www.yourirish.com...

A quick google search will direct you to some of the specific finds that show how advanced these people were "back in the day".

You're welcome

They never taught me any of this in school, they were too busy teaching me about the bible and all that other useless nonesense. The school system and their handlers wouldn't want historical facts getting in the way of their lies and deceit now would they?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Is that rounded part in the picture the possible oar mounting mentioned.

I was thinking since it said log boat the top planks left rounded like a log. My silliness.

edit on 14-5-2013 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

My guess is that you are correct and that is the mount for the oar, according to the picture we have been provided at least.

Another question that comes to mind is since it has been submerged for possibly 500-5,000 years will it make it more difficult to get an accurate date on it's age?

In my opinion this find will be much more intersting if the boat is proven to be as old as they claim, but I will still be impressed if it is only a few hundred years old.
edit on 5/14/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Not so hard to believe as it was found not to far from newgrange and ts also like 5000 years old
edit on 01/04/2013 by Psych3d3licPsych3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

What is it that they teach then in the schools that belong to hoax spins?
Aren't the text books updated when new information becomes available?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

What is it that they teach then in the schools that belong to hoax spins?
Aren't the text books updated when new information becomes available?

NO, well first ancient history, history, evolution, space science, many more, all of those things listed have explanations on what they THINK is going on, or happened, but they don't know for a fact, or even actually understand it. Which means a lot of guessing, assumptions and excuses, creating stories, equations to fit the guess work in order to make it plausible.

So programming kids in schools with information that isn't concrete in it self is a hoax.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Obviously this boat didnt make it out of Middle Earth.

It could be 5000 years old though. Many artifacts are Remarkably preserved, when they are found in Bogs, or marshes.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Hey CE, check this out

www.crichtonmiller.com...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes, I remember many well documented mummies and other preserved artifacts from bogs, swamps, rivers, deserts, list goes on etc... from all over the world and they can never pinpoint the date to be exact.

I would like more information on the condition compared to the variables such as history and current stimuli. If what we see is just part of the boat it must mean it has been buried for a decent amount of time. If it's a partial fragment then it could be anything, including not a boat...

Hopefully this is excavated with care and some accurate, in depth reporting on it will surface soon.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Nice link Dan

Bookmarked for later.

I wonder if any Celtic crosses will be found engraved on that boat

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well we have seen news stories about finding Noahs Ark 13000 feet up a Turkish mountain, so maybe this is the raft Odysseus used to find his wife after leaving Calypso's island? Homer didn't mention anything about oar locks though.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Bloody hell

Thats part of my armchair I dumped

Only kidding op, sounds good but..
That piece of wood from my chair looks in remarkable condition

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Can you sample some of these? Sounds fishy.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Can you sample some of these? Sounds fishy.

Fish smell, not sound...(batman slap)

Smells fishy?

What part of it smells fishy?

edit on 5/14/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: punctuation...sorry keyboard went french

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join