It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes Our Soldiers Are Terrorist, So We Will Just Exempt Them From Prosecution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A government committee admits its soldiers are terrorist, so they want to get an exemption so they do not face an legal reprisals.

Typical government know they have done the wrong thing, so they will just change the rules to suit themselves.

So the lesson is if you do things wrong, just find a loop-hole so your sh#t doesn't stink.

The ironical thing is each time one of our government authorised terrorist is killed, they are portrayed in the media as fallen heroes.

Our Diggers could be seen as terrorists
www.news.com.au...

AUSTRALIA'S armed forces needs to be protected from any risk of being charged with terrorism, an expert committee has recommended.

The committee's review of Australia's counter-terrorism legislation says the present definition of a terrorist act theoretically encompassed Australian forces in authorised military operations abroad.

"Such a situation is clearly undesirable," the review tabled in parliament on Tuesday said.

"The committee considers that conduct done in the course of ... a person's service in any capacity with the Australian armed forces should be exempted from the definition of terrorism."

Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus said the report by a joint commonwealth-state panel - and a related one by Bret Walker SC into national security legislation - would be considered seriously.

He said the reviews were undertaken to help protect Australia while administering national security and counter-terrorism laws "in a just and accountable way".

edit on 14-5-2013 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Their acts may be terroristic in nature, but I would argue that their intent is not. The vast majority of military members join up for pride and honor. They believe that they are doing right and good, and they don't understand that they are being used as imperialistic terrorists. I used to be one, and I woke up to reality. More and more are waking up every day.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

"in a just and accountable way"

How is it accountable when you changes the rules when you don't like them.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I'm glad you woke up, but everyone knows the military is for killing alledged enemies of your government.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by acrux

Their acts may be terroristic in nature, but I would argue that their intent is not. The vast majority of military members join up for pride and honor. They believe that they are doing right and good, and they don't understand that they are being used as imperialistic terrorists. I used to be one, and I woke up to reality. More and more are waking up every day.

Often times they are doing good. But I think it is important for our gov't to use our troops sparingly.

It seems lately over the years our troops have been put on the ground in every skirmish. Croatia, Libya, Somalia a few years back.

Why is it always OUR JOB to do clean up and humanitarian military missions when there are moderate Islamic states, many states, that have a trained military?

I think we need to sit out and make sure that everyone is pitching in and using their resources. When you see how their lives are affected permanently changed by war.

And when other soldiers are doing a good job by invitation like the Russian soldiers were doing in Afghanistan back in the late 70's and 80's at the invitation of the moderate Islamic gov't to route religious zealots out of Afghanistan we shouldn't misrepresent their mission as being an invasion on TV news nor should we help arm the zealots to defeat them, and then we won't have a problem with people like Bin Laden. Nor will we have to send troops to do clean up work for a job that was already being done by Russian soldiers who had not invaded, but were invited to do a job our soldiers are now doing. We should cooperate against religious zealots not use our defeat in Vietnam as an excuse to exact revenge against Russia which is largely like us a Christian nation. We are not even at odds with moderate Islamic states.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I applaud your courage OP for posting this as you are going to catch a hellstorm of criticism

That being said, there certainly is a degree of truth to what you have posted and I pity those who wake up one day and finally realize that they are/were in fact terrorists. I believe this has a lot to do with the high suicide rates among serving members and veterans.

This is a touchy subject in the real world and on ATS but needs to be discussed, I fear this thread may become quite emotional and turn into a tit for tat flame fest.

Good luck

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

reply to post by acrux

Okay, so i am a terrorist? What are you going to do about it?

reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I have two college degrees .. one being in Military Science and Diplomacy ( minored in mathmatics ) while the other being in Number Theory and Computer Science ( finishing up this degree this summer ).

Yeah, i am real stupid. I guess my 3.4 GPA ( combined ) isnt any good. Even with a mathmatics degree, with a national average of 3.2, i am holding just above that. Works for me.
edit on 14-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

for pride and honor

I would say that's the last of the motivators for joining the military...prime ones being...no money, no work, no brains...but that's just me

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Armies are suppose to be for defence of their own country. Defence, not terrorism in other countries.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Terrorism is attacking anyone for politcal ideology ... really? It's virtually the cause of all war. Terrorism's definition should be changed. It ecompasses ALL acts of war.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Okay, so i am a terrorist? What are you going to do about it?

No need for me to do anything.

I am sure the DHS already has you on one of their "lists"

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Every soldier is already on their list. haha

Good one buddy.

reply to post by acrux

I dont believe in Karma, i believe in Christ. Also, there's no need for me to commit suicide .. there's nothing i regret and i suffer from very little Post Tramua; i have two degrees and there isnt much i cant do with them ..

Ive been blessed beyond measure.

My family owns several businesses, so money is good; blessed is Yhwh and Yeshua. The Lord has blessed me and my family so much; please tell me why i would commit suicide?
edit on 14-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

What are you going to do about it?

Kept the terrorist attitude I see.

I won't enter into an argument or call names, because your own karma will punish you, and sadly you are a prime suicide candidate.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Hey man...don't get all antsy in the pantsy...I'm sure there are exceptions...you obviously being one of them. I'm just not sure how many brainiacs are out there on the first line...doing the actual killing and shooting. You can't put an overly smart man at that position. He will reject the killing after a while, unless brainwashed not to. Smarter people are harder to brainwash.

I'm sure you must agree...I know the military employs many geniuses...but they aren't really those that go out killing and fighting.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

What do you think this is, Vietnam? 90% of the time you dont know who shot the target ... hell, you're LUCKY if you see the guy.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

please tell me why i would commit suicide?

maybe if Yahweh demands it from you...he's been known to ask for infanticide from his followers

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

very little Post Tramua. ---- please tell me why i would commit suicide?

So you admit you have post tramua. that is a reason you are a suicide candidate.
You are still young. Your conscience will plague you more as you finally mature.

I dont believe in Karma, i believe in Christ --- blessed is Yhwh and Yeshua. The Lord has blessed me and my family so much

I hope your imaginary friend gives you solace as you justify to yourself about being a terrorist.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am sorry you guys feels this way because if you screamed or asked for help, id be one of the first ones to come running.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

If our governments learnt to mind their own business. We wouldn't have anything to worry about.

As I said before armies are for self-defence, not invasion of terror on other countries for their resources.

And we have the hide to call them terrorist when it comes to payback.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Russians did a "good" job?They were invited? What did you read a novel or a Russian manual some where? Are YOU Russian?
I am shocked at the complete failure here.
Are you comparing us to the Russian invasion?
And the rest are actually buying it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join