It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars align in protest against food giant Monsanto over GMO crops!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Glad to see someone in the spot light bringing attention to the crimes against humanity by Monsanto corp..I think it might be to late tho..They can not be touched now because of the new law the pres signed about a month or so ago.We are doomed..We have been eating organic everything thing for a few yrs now but sad to say i think my health has been compromised already from yrs of gmo corn and not knowing i was eating something bad..I believe this is why Americans heath is declining drastically in the last several yrs more so than other countrys..Gmo can mess your system up so bad your system does not burn fat right and you gain alot of weight..I do not overeat at all and its hard for me to loose weight..If the world is still here at some point we wont get organic any more because there will be cross pollination from farm to farm..Very tragic.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

NO it's not, it's thier product. The farmer shouldn't be using it in the first place. That is the problem. I have no pity for any farmer QQ if they are supporting monsanto and thier products, and I hope monsanto bankrupts them.... that's one less producer of GMO and one less user of monsanto products.
edit on 15-5-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
I was hoping to find celestial stars not celebrity stars.

Well as long as it helps bring monsanto down they're good in my book

edit on 14-5-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

I also feel somewhat disappointed, harbinger... having expected
an unscheduled DiCarlo Alignment. Nothin' like a sermon at the beach..LOL
A "Rod-o-God" plasma beam to dessicate corporate headquarters
and everyone inside to nothingness would be hoping for too much.
On the other hand, abrupt dsintegration is too good for them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by DAVID64

Monsanto can sue all they want. It's up to a judge to make a ruling. Hate the judges, not the company.

Secondly, I don't believe a word of those BS reports about cancer. Every single one has been skewed, poorly controlled, or misinterpreted to the point of scientific worthlessness.

Ever had a banana? Genetically modified. Own a dog that's not a feral wolf? Genetically modified.

It's not the same thing at all. Ever tried cross-breeding your dog with a cabbage? There's a reason why it doesn't work.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is good to see.

Everybody should know the common facts,about gmo's.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The recent decision by the Supreme Court regarding Monsanto scares the hell out of me.

The majority of farm animals/crops have been "genetically modified" if only through years of selective breeding. If future courts take a broad reading of that decision, you can say goodbye to any and all independent farmers.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
it has been decided;
a universal farmer...
one farmer to rule them all...

MONSANTO

... and then we all die slowly... of organ failure or cancer, probably both.

You know the only thing I get concerned about is chemicals, not genetically modified food.

Hormones. No.

Genetic structure changes in crops. Yes.

Telling farmers they can't use seeds from crops they planted. Criminal greed.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

That app is AMAZING. I am putting it on my phone asap. God I love technology.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What this country needs is new breed of untouchable politician.

Do they even make human beings like that anymore ?
edit on 15-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's the whole system that needs changing. If it allows politicians to be bought, it's broken.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

May 25th - Eat GMO foods.

Got it, written down in my planner.

Whenever you see celebrities getting involved, you know the "anti" side is just all about money.

EDIT: And of course DeVito, Maher and Matthews are against a company that desires perfection with its products. Those 3 will put their name on any smelly turd that can make them money. They know nothing about quality control. Who produces your albums there, Dave? Probably sounds awful without it, like your live show, right?
edit on 14-5-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

How are you going to know you're eating GMO foods?

It's not like it's on the label...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My good friend,

Originally posted by ElOmen
I was hoping to find celestial stars not celebrity stars.

Well as long as it helps bring monsanto down they're good in my book

edit on 14-5-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

I totally agree

The only way to bring Monsanto down is to grow your own

Be safe be well and eat healthy,

Spiro

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by DaModHow are you going to know you're eating GMO foods?

It's not like it's on the label...

There is really only ONE way, don't buy factory produced food.

Grow your own

Yes, i know a lot of people are not in a position to grow there own however, I have been doing it for years and believe me, it works out A LOT cheaper than buying in. Depending on where you live, of course

Spiro

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
the sad thing is that monsanto is run by a lot of greedy idiots only looking out for the short term.
monsanto has produced a lot of good things, like drought crops that can grow in places with low rainfall, which feeds a lot of poor countries.

no one seems to care about that though, because of the greedy manipulation and ignorance about GMO.
so tell me folks, how does a GMO harm someone eating it? do you guys understand genetics any better than the idiots in hollywood?

the fear and ignorance says no. genetically modifying a plant or animal and eating it won't affect us in anyway, chemicals, and radiation do on the other hand, and is an issue that should be addressed, roundup and other pesticides are ruining the environment and pests are becoming more resistant to them, so in the end we are just poisoning ourselves.

also that study the source references? it uses rats that are highly prone to cancer, and scientists reviewing it said that the cause of the tumors was roundup on the corn not the corn.
genetic modifying food can't cause cancer, cancer only happens when something damages our DNA, eating a GMO corncob won't do anything because it doesn't do anything to our DNA.

i will say that mansanto is not innocent of anything, bribing the american government to create a law to protect them is disgusting, bullying farmers over what plants do is terrible, ruining farmers in india is evil, but lets stick to facts please.

there is no evidence that GMO based food is dangerous, there needs to be a lot more study of it first, if people really are so scared of it. i don't see much of a point though since everything we create is a GMO, everything,

the only difference is how we do it now, up till now we modified the genetics by what animals we mated or pollinated together.
now we directly manipulate the genes we want, rather than the whole animal or plant. i mean think about this, how do we have bananas? or seed-less grapes or watermelons? we genetically modified them, by breeding plants with smaller seeds till we had a version that doesn't make seeds anymore. this is why its a big deal when bananas get a disease, it will wipe the version we have out, the thing has no seeds, we cut pieces from a mature plant and replant it now.

what is the difference between that and what we do by inserting genes? at most the concern might be over what we insert, like adding genes from a plant that produces poison to protect itself, but we have been able to over come that issue for ages anyway,

the hoopla over GMO is nothing but fear over the unknown, based on lack of knowledge.

edit on 15-5-2013 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
this is a step in the right direction

hopefully its not to late
edit on 15-5-2013 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If all else fails, I'm sure wildfires can destroy their crops.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Abstruse because: i forgot the smiley face!~

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Monsanto is about as Anti Capitialist and against Free and Fair Markets as you can get.
They lobby our Government to rig the rules in their favor, and also believe the consumer in the markets should not have a choice when it comes to buying gmo food, or especially, food they have a hand in meddling with.

It does not matter if gmo is bad for you are not. That should be left up to consumer choice in the markets.

Perhaps all licorice companies should band with other food companies and put their flavoring in all foods and not label it.

Whats that? You do not like the flavor of licorice? Too bad, it is not bad for you. Our company + GOV will decide for you.
edit on 15-5-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

I have mixed feelings about GMO food. I think it has great potential for keeping large populations of people alive where traditional crops can't. I think there's great potential for creating crops that can grow anywhere regardless of the environment, which could change nations that normally have lived in less desirable areas for food production.

I do not have mixed feelings about the current power of the GMO companies. The problem doesn't even rest with the companies themselves as they are doing what by law they are there to do, which is to maximize shareholder's value.

The blame rests in what type of system we have. Governments always grow from tiny monsters to large ones because they are in many ways no different from any other organized crime system. What we now have is one that is completely bought and paid for by certain groups of investors. Our constitution that was an experiment in many ways has failed completely. Anyone looking on would see how that happened, as the system itself never had a network of accountability. Never did we see the worst politicians get tried and executed for their crimes, rather they went off to work for the corporations they sold their souls to.

So now we are where we're at. There's nothing any of you can do about it. Even if these celebrities did anything it would all be for show and any real progress made will be when regular citizens worldwide admit the common failure among all of us, which is that we have put someone else in charge of our well being. Someone whose best interest is as far removed from our own best interest.

GMOs are one of the greatest inventions of mankind. Like all great inventions though, what you see come from it isn't it's potential good but the potential harm. Atomic power was used to destroy innocent lives instead of powering trains. Tesla's technology is probably being used to change weather and probably caused a tsunami, not give free energy to the world. GMOs are being used to maximize shareholder value, not to feed the world as they have the potential to do. Take every great humanitarian invention and you'll see more often than not, it was first used to do something evil.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by DAVID64

Monsanto can sue all they want. It's up to a judge to make a ruling. Hate the judges, not the company.

Secondly, I don't believe a word of those BS reports about cancer. Every single one has been skewed, poorly controlled, or misinterpreted to the point of scientific worthlessness.

Ever had a banana? Genetically modified. Own a dog that's not a feral wolf? Genetically modified.

Environmental lies + emotional BS = cash grab. See: Carbon tax

Hate the company! Pity the judges who have risen far above their level of incompetence.
edit on 5/15/2013 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Abstruse
If all else fails, I'm sure wildfires can destroy their crops.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Abstruse because: i forgot the smiley face!~

They don't have crops. They have industrial seed banks which are the result in GM food in which is all produced in labs with people wearing white coats.

If only we could believe they had good hard working men out in the fields wearing tatty clothes and not afraid of hard labour to feel good about supporting the community.

Monsanto don't have respect for humanity, never mind a community. They rip them apart, buy off their land and stop the production of a working mans living.

It's sickening, and needs to stop!

Spiro

edit on 15-5-2013 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join