It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Ufo disclosure of Hostile Aliens what would be your reaction

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Yours heads spins a for few minutes, and then you compose yourself.
What is your reaction to this Ufo disclosure? How are you going to deal with it?
What will you do?

Contact family and friends to form an escape plan from the city, to a remote location. Potentially millions of people would die within days of such an announcement, without any hostile alien action needed. There would be mass rioting, looting and general violence as society implodes and then separates into three distinct groups...

The apathetic - who will just do as they are told by any voice at any time rather than take responsibility for their own lives. This is likely to be the majority. In a war these people become prisoners or collaborators for the enemy.

The opportunistic - who will be using the chaos to satisfy their base needs. These are generally the ones who like to think they are "survivalists", but in reality they're just a roaming gang who have abandoned morals. These people revert to a pack mentality where there is an alpha controlling others for personal gain. They might use the cover of religious faith, of community or charity, but they are in this for themselves.

The fighter - who will be formulating a plan to build a resistance movement should any larger defence fail - which it probably would. These people would be getting out of the way for a while, forming alliances, fighting for their country, and ultimately becoming the core of the resistance movement over the coming years.

I would choose to be the latter.

I also believe that the only way we would be able to successfully fight such an invasion would be through biological warfare. All of our weapons are designed to kill Humans, on this planet, so most would be more damaging to us than any alien race.

If we wanted to wipe out any other species on the planet we would use a virus to do it, and the same process could be used to destroy an alien race - or at least slow them down enough to make their efforts here pointless.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Originally posted by Mads1987
Depression.
I have always had the believe that if an alien race had the capability to travel to our planet, by technological means, they would come in peace. Anything we have here is found in abundance in the rest of the universe, so I don't see why they would want to take anything from us.

I often come across statements like this and it makes me wonder. The considerably more high-tech British subjugated the indigenous people of Australia without any qualms. The Spanish slaughtered the 'more primitive' Tainos Islanders of the Caribbean in their quest for gold.

Why do people assume a more advanced society will necessarily have higher morals?

edit on 25-5-2013 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

My reation would be;

Well...now that is very strange.

ET has been here for thousands of years, observing, directing, and collecting samples and data and have not shown themselves to be out for our demise in all that time...how strange it is, that the US government, who have been lying about this subject for the better part of a century or more, now suddenly claim they are here and they are here to kill us all.

I would also realise that we cannot believe the US government if it said it was sunny on a sunny day.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

As I wrote - Anything we have here on planet earth is found in abundance in the rest of the universe. So I think if they did indeed ever 'attack' earth to take it's resources, it would be because they considered us worthless ants, and not because they would want to enslave us, or have any real interest in us.
But I don't think they have to have higher morals. I just don't think they would have the need to attack us in any way. I simply can't see any good reason.
But now that you mention it, why do you think they would be anything like the examples you listed?
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

If they're anything like humans, I'd be surprised if they weren't hostile ad evil.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Firstly I would find out Bruce Forsythes number, give him a call and ask him to go and "entertain" the aliens..Brucies enormous chin, one liners and catch phrases would be enough to send the would be conquerors packing.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cuckooold
I often come across statements like this and it makes me wonder. The considerably more high-tech British subjugated the indigenous people of Australia without any qualms. The Spanish slaughtered the 'more primitive' Tainos Islanders of the Caribbean in their quest for gold.

Why do people assume a more advanced society will necessarily have higher morals?

edit on 25-5-2013 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

I don't believe that's a valid example because spaceships are not seaships, what happened on Earth is in a finite environment while space is infinite.

Even if we have a neighbour more advanced who would greet us on our first spaceflight outside the solar system and then might state the terroritory around our solar system is theirs they might allow us passage through it to reach unclaimed space maybe even help us out with information of habitable planets. Then we could negotiate which direction of the 6 humanity would go after as it's likely if there are other civilizations they have already divided large pieces of space amongst eachother. We might claim everything in one direction and ET's can claim everything in all other directions and there would still be more than enough room. Only problem is ofcourse travelling time but it's still better than going to war. Space is the final frontier but once that is gone space can be divided with plans spanning hundreds of centuries covering which civilization gets what part of space.

Too bad for us because it would make things like colonization more difficult but there would not be much need for taking out competition as it happens in a finite place with finite resources. Unless we would make the mistake of launching nukes at their assets I doubt any ET would want to start a war, they would just be too busy doing all the fun stuff that is possible because of advanced technology.
edit on 3/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join