It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help needed_recognising artificial sattelites.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hello People,

So... Here's the deal, I have been watching stars as often as I can since I'm a kid. I live in Paris France and don't have too many oportunities but I also have my wood workshop in the countryside and when the weather provides I lay back and sip a beers on the low seater outside my workshop.
I have always seen satellites. Those white dots that move on a trajectory at constant speed. Now and then I would see an iridium flare and would go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!
I remember the first one I saw. I was sure I had seen a ufo.
But now and then, I see little freaks. I have unfortunately never seen some proper spacecraft or crazy crazy upclose magma thingy but I have seen many freak lights up there.
This is why I was wondering if you guys could help me create some basic video database of classical sights you can have in the sky.
Sometimes I see lights mooving sooooooo organically up there. With colored lights (mostly orange/bright red). They move like fishes in a pond; Moving north, slowing down turning East, stopping... little living critters they look like.
What are they???
Yesterday I just looked up and saw in two minutes 4 or 5 red dots fly over me. I am sure they were satelites but then the last one was moving at weird speed and did this crazy crackling orange light, exactly like a mini firework while moving forward... and this was soooo high in the sky yet so brightly crackling
)).
Once I saw a bright yellow light much lower than satelite height fly over in a slow and erratic trajectory. I WANT TO KNOOOOW hahaha
I'd just like to know if I'm looking at classical examples of manmade artificial setelite behaviour or if what I see is as weird as I think.....

Peace.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

They move like fishes in a pond; Moving north, slowing down turning East, stopping... little living critters they look like. What are they???

obviously...Aliens

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logiciel
They move like fishes in a pond; Moving north, slowing down turning East, stopping... little living critters they look like.
What are they???

From this, we can safely rule out satellites, because satellites aren't meant to perform complicated manoeuvres like you described.
I won't go as far as Mario to say it's aliens, but.... it's aliens

Sorry, no idea what it is.
0.02$

ETA: If you're seeing them frequently, my advice is to get your self a good pair of binoculars, even telescope, ofcourse if you can afford one.

edit on 14-5-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If it has a tail of either light or smoke it is in the atmosphere and probally is a meteorite. A sattellite will look like a rapidly moving star accross the sky.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

Hi!

There are two great sites I use to search on when I need to know whether a satellite was involved in a sighting or not:

Heavens Above
Calsky

They are both able to determine, from your location and for a given hour, the celestial coordinates of most of the satellites (Iridium, geostationary, ISS, ASTRA, etc...)

If you don't know how to use them, I will be glad to help.

edit on 14-5-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One of the best methods I know is when a guest and friend of my sons was on the phone to his grandmother who was trying to say what we had seen (and she really didn't know what to say about what we had experienced.....) are satellites. He shouted, Satellites don't fly under the thick cloud covers, down low with the planes. They're either planes or ufo's and they're not planes!!!!!!! And he knew that, because his soul opened and he woke up. He specifically spoke of the greys and how they were not allowed to take his dna, turns out it was AB-, and that his people would be here soon. We had scoop marks appear on his arm and my arm at the same time, very deep ones, while on the computer after we all went inside.

When it comes to things way up high, its really hard to say, unless you're having the experiences.....
edit on 14-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Well thanks a lot... I will check it out next time I have some OMGesus moment out there. And thanks for the advice Raj but I can safely say I can make the difference between meteorites and what I described here. Not the slightest doubt.
Zilebelieve I am DREAMING of a badass scope. Even though I would expect it could be very hard to follow moving objects??
Anyway. I know for certain there are entities up there because my intellect and deductive system concluded that there is no way the combination of the odds of lifeforms (known or unknown) existing in this univers and what I have witnessed in my star-gazing career can be explained by anything we know.
Anyway if you think about it who wound be arrogant and dumb enough to claim that our little planet is the only example of the right conditions to develope "A" sort of lifeform? Our planet is only an oven. And we as much as any other lifeform down here are little cookies. Cookies made of the basic chemical elements that float in the darkest areas of the universe. Building blocks awaiting to meet and make. We are unique in the sense that our lifespan doesn't allow us to undestand the imensity of possible occurences for life to form here and there.
I think space is as rich in life as the ocean is. Full of Plasma blobs and pure energy conglomerates.
I know that I will witness it before I go. I know it because we don't know nothing.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

top topics

join