It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not an ancient hymn but it always makes me cry...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
My favorite 'Hymn' of al time goes a little something like this:

It's just as Evil as the one you like, but at least it doesn't lie to you!1!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

CarbonBase, thanks for posting, God is working on you.

may the Two Hearts J+M keep you safe,

colbe

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by g146541

i like your honesty in the first sentence of your signature.
too bad you dont mean it.

in her younger days some of the
leaders of the church made mistakes,
just like you in your younger days.

tell me a couple of mistakes you made that hurt someone else will you.
so i can keep reminding you of them when you get to be old.

the victims of the crusades and inquisition are all dead, for a few centuries at least.

why dont you give it up bro?

why dont you do some of your own thinking instead of blabbing the bandwagon babble about what was wrong centuries ago.

the catholic church donates lots of time talent and treasure to help the less fortunate

They also move known pedophiles out of one community and into another to molest even more children. Not past tense...why did the pope resign? Chosen by God...Quits...
I am without a job or a home to call my own and depend upon the kindness of strangers to get by and I still give what I get to those less fortunate than myself. It doesnt take good old fashioned religion to be a righteous person...it takes compassion.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Hey, thanks for the INSULT. I know God hates me. It's cool, unlike him, I don't take it personal!

A god that gets off on little girls getting shot in the head in his name doesn't appeal to rational beings anyway!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

Ah Megadeth, one of my favorite bands of my past and did you know Dave finds inspiration in Jesus and even Clint Eastwood.

I think your the one being lied 2

edit on 15-5-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The song I listed is performed by Vince Gill and don't stop posting till you feel you have done what you have set out to do and you will know.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by g146541

i like your honesty in the first sentence of your signature.
too bad you dont mean it.

in her younger days some of the
leaders of the church made mistakes,
just like you in your younger days.

tell me a couple of mistakes you made that hurt someone else will you.
so i can keep reminding you of them when you get to be old.

the victims of the crusades and inquisition are all dead, for a few centuries at least.

why dont you give it up bro?

why dont you do some of your own thinking instead of blabbing the bandwagon babble about what was wrong centuries ago.

the catholic church donates lots of time talent and treasure to help the less fortunate

They also move known pedophiles out of one community and into another to molest even more children. Not past tense...why did the pope resign? Chosen by God...Quits...
I am without a job or a home to call my own and depend upon the kindness of strangers to get by and I still give what I get to those less fortunate than myself. It doesnt take good old fashioned religion to be a righteous person...it takes compassion.

owlbear,

I am not going to underline but try to reply to all your words.

Do not get down, it is the times. One of the sins crying out to Heaven is when good men cannot provide or find work.

Our rotten evil leaders, the banks, the PTB. Offer your cross to Jesus. Join your suffering with His. If you do this in prayer, offering your cross to Our Lord, it will save many souls, who you will meet one day in Heaven.

My two brothers, one younger and one older have been out of work. My older brother went on 20 interviews
and finally found a contract job. My other brother is a professional, he cannot find work, for a long time now.

I'll offer a rosary for you this evening.

On the priest scandal, it is homosexual not pedophile. Satan believes in the priesthood, he would like to completely destroy the ministerial priesthood. God imparts His greatest graces through the priest. 1% of priests were accused, does not mean they are all guilty and what of the rest of them?

About Pope Benedict. This message explains and is uplifting, gives everyone hope. The world was surprised at Benedict XVI's resignation. So we don't know everything. In these dark times, God is helping humanity. Read what Our Lord says... an excerpt, ATS rules.

love,

colbe

_ _ _

www.locutions.org...

February 23, 2013

The Resignation As A Sign

Jesus

The highest chair in the world will soon be vacant. It is not a position created by man or sustained by natural powers. This office has endured for centuries and will be present even when I return in glory. It is sustained by my promise that the gates of hell would not prevail against my Church. The papacy, like other institutions, has seen high points and low moments. Yet, this boat of Peter has navigated the tides and has never been shipwrecked. Now, this chair of Peter has been brought to this special moment by a pope who obeyed my inner word that he should hand over the keys of the kingdom to another.

What a solemn and unique moment in modern history. A living pope surrenders his powers so another pope can gain them. A living pope removes himself from the chair of Peter so another could take his place. Only I could have brought this about as my Holy Spirit stirred so forcibly in the heart of Benedict. He would have served as long as I wanted him to.

Understand the greatness of this act. Even more, understand the uniqueness of what I have done. See it as a sign that I have only begun to act. Would I bring about this highly unusual resignation and then allow the conclave to proceed in its usual manner. Why have I done this? What am I doing? All the cardinals must see this. They must not approach the conclave as they previously thought....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
reply to post by colbe

Hey, thanks for the INSULT. I know God hates me. It's cool, unlike him, I don't take it personal!

A god that gets off on little girls getting shot in the head in his name doesn't appeal to rational beings anyway!

Hey, it wasn't an INSULT but the truth. You would not take the time tor read this thread or reply if it wasn't God's grace working on you. I'll admit HOW our free will, praying, God's grace and the benefit of suffering works together to our benefit is a mystery but not totally. Have faith.

colbe

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
On the priest scandal, it is homosexual not pedophile. Satan believes in the priesthood, he would like to completely destroy the ministerial priesthood. God imparts His greatest graces through the priest. 1% of priests were accused, does not mean they are all guilty and what of the rest of them?

Actually, I did a statistical analysis a while back, and the percentage of priests who were accused is actually about 4%, which is the same percentage of pedophiles in the general population (see this post). By extension, I would suppose that the percent of homosexual priests (regardless of whether they practice it or not) would be about the same as the general population (five to ten percent, depending on whom you believe.)

The scandal is not about the acts so much as it is about the church's reaction to it. After studying the reports from the Los Angeles Diocese, I believe that it was much more a matter of priests, bishops and administrators simply not knowing what to do with these people than it was an intentional attempt to "hide bad priests" and I found absolutely no evidence that priests were moved around in order to intentionally allow them to molest children, the most common statement made by anti-Catholic ignoramuses.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
reply to post by colbe

The song I listed is performed by Vince Gill and don't stop posting till you feel you have done what you have set out to do and you will know.

If we all keep talking about prophecy and the faith, even if everyone differs, people will remember when the prophesied events happen. And everyone will know the Great Warning, the "awakening" is divine. Only God can show us every moment of our lives.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Actually, I did a statistical analysis a while back, and the percentage of priests who were accused is actually about 4%, which is the same percentage of pedophiles in the general population (see this post). By extension, I would suppose that the percent of homosexual priests (regardless of whether they practice it or not) would be about the same as the general population (five to ten percent, depending on whom you believe.)

The scandal is not about the acts so much as it is about the church's reaction to it. After studying the reports from the Los Angeles Diocese, I believe that it was much more a matter of priests, bishops and administrators simply not knowing what to do with these people than it was an intentional attempt to "hide bad priests" and I found absolutely no evidence that priests were moved around in order to intentionally allow them to molest children, the most common statement made by anti-Catholic ignoramuses.

Thanks adjensen,

Hmmm, I've read that the scandal is homosexual not pedophile. BUT, I agree, I have read the same, the bishops didn't know what to do with them. What bothers me, is the hypocrites, liberals, anti-faith folks praise homosexuality, vote sodomite marriage into law. That is why they prefer to call the scandal pedophile. Love the sinner, not the sin. You can think you are homosexual but you are not to act on it, confess the "act" then remain celibate.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Hmmm, I've read that the scandal is homosexual not pedophile.

Well, there are multiple scandals, I suppose, but it is a crime to molest a child, and not a crime to be a homosexual (in most places,) so having homosexuals in the clergy isn't really a scandal in the same sense. The statistics that I cited are of pedophilia, which is often, though not necessarily, homosexual in nature.

What bothers me, is the hypocrites, liberals, anti-faith folks praise homosexuality, vote sodomite marriage into law. That is why they prefer to call the scandal pedophile.

Though many critics of the Roman Catholic Church do have a liberal agenda, many Evangelicals raise the same points, and they are mostly conservative, so I'm not sure that's the case.

Love the sinner, not the sin. You can think you are homosexual but you are not to act on it, confess the "act" then remain celibate.

That is the church's position, of course, and a reasonable one within what it teaches, though if I was a homosexual (who, I believe, are born, not made,) such would likely be pretty cold comfort. They just legalized gay marriage here in Minnesota this week, but I was opposed to it more on legal and cultural grounds than religious ones.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I wish you would keep my posts together, this takes so much time to reply to each of your comments adjensen.

_ _ _

Originally posted by colbe Hmmm, I've read that the scandal is homosexual not pedophile.

Adjensen: Well, there are multiple scandals, I suppose, but it is a crime to molest a child, and not a crime to be a homosexual (in most places,) so having homosexuals in the clergy isn't really a scandal in the same sense. The statistics that I cited are of pedophilia, which is often, though not necessarily, homosexual in nature.

_ _ _

Sodomy in God's eye's is an intrinsic evil. The Gospel shows there are unrepentant sodomites in Hell. I suppose there are a few pedophiles in the priesthood as in Protestantism and all segments of society.

The scandal is homosexuality. Priests stand in the place of Christ! Oh my gosh, it is too a "scandal" before God, homosexual priests.

www.youtube.com...

I thought of postings this, it was from yesterday, Michael Voris' the Vortex. A short youtube. The Gay Cardinal. Watch, it is about nine minutes long. Our dearest Lord come soon! Pray for the reversion of the fallen consecrated. Anti-Catholics want to shout, it is all priests. NO! There are holy priests, many, many more than the totally against God sodomite priests. In the video, Pope Francis is taking on the evil in Scotland.

It is turning around. The numbers in the seminaries here in the U.S. are increasing, that of traditional priests, holy men. One day, there will be no sodomite priests. Jesus' priest-sons will all be like St. John Vianney in the Era of Peace.

We remain friends, okay, my beloved brother,

colbe

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
_ _ _

colbe: What bothers me, is the hypocrites, liberals, anti-faith folks praise homosexuality, vote sodomite marriage into law. That is why they prefer to call the scandal pedophile.

Adjensen: Though many critics of the Roman Catholic Church do have a liberal agenda, many Evangelicals raise the same points, and they are mostly conservative, so I'm not sure that's the case.

_ _ _

I don't understand why you say this, it is black and white. Most all liberals, disbelievers are pro-sodomy. They can't shout "scandal" and call it a homosexual scandal so they call it pedophile. The dark times we're in, sodomy is being forced on everyone as something good. It is not. Christians, conservatives are for God's ways, I'll look up the verses, UNREPENTANT sodomites are in Hell. They must confess to God their "act" and remain celibate.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
_ _ _

colbe: Love the sinner, not the sin. You can think you are homosexual but you are not to act on it, confess the "act" then remain celibate.

adjensen: That is the church's position, of course, and a reasonable one within what it teaches, though if I was a homosexual (who, I believe, are born, not made,) such would likely be pretty cold comfort. They just legalized gay marriage here in Minnesota this week, but I was opposed to it more on legal and cultural grounds than religious ones.

_ _ _

You are opposed for legal and cultural but NOT for "religious" reasons? Did you throw out the faith?

For Heaven's sake, God has judged unrepentant sodomites. The "act" is a grave sin. You are falling back on your Protestantism of old, with your personal opinion. PO, means nothing. God does not tell us the "act" is
evil and create a person homosexual. That is nuts! It is man's excuse.

God's "legal" is more important than man's law and "cultural", yes, I am happy you can see God didn't make the family, mom and mom, dad and dad.

It has been shown, men who believe they are homosexual did not connect well with their father. They can
turn to God the Father and must try to forgive their earthly father. Prayers for the unguided, misguided.

You sound pro-gay by your three comments, I do not understand, is someone in your family
gay adjensen?

colbe

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I wish you would keep my posts together, this takes so much time to reply to each of your comments adjensen.

Well, you could just reply to them the way that I do
When you click the "Quote" button, instead of "Reply-To" button, you can see how I do it.

The scandal is homosexuality. Priests stand in the place of Christ! Oh my gosh, it is too a "scandal" before God, homosexual priests.

No, the specific scandal that I am referencing is that of the pedophile priests (you should have seen that I referenced the John Jay Report on Sexual Abuse of Minors by Catholic Priests and Deacons in the United States report in my earlier post.) That is a scandal because pedophilia is a crime, and the church didn't deal with the priests in a manner that was consistent with it being a crime.

Being a homosexual is not a crime, I hope that we can agree on that. Being a homosexual priest, who does not practice homosexuality, but remains celebrate, is fine with Catholic teaching, I hope that we can agree on that. A homosexual (or heterosexual, for that matter) priest who is sexually active breaks church, but not civil, law, I hope we can agree with that.

If we can agree on those points, you should be able to see that the scandal revolves around pedophilia, not homosexuality.

I don't understand why you say this, it is black and white. Most all liberals, disbelievers are pro-sodomy. They can't shout "scandal" and call it a homosexual scandal so they call it pedophile.

I don't think that it's fair to say that liberals are "pro-sodomy". My point was that Evangelical Christians, who are vehemently anti-homosexual, are conservatives who raise these issues with the Catholic Church, regardless of their political leanings.

You are opposed for legal and cultural but NOT for "religious" reasons? Did you throw out the faith?

No, I just think it best to leave judgement on religious matters to God, not me.

You sound pro-gay by your three comments, I do not understand, is someone in your family gay adjensen?

No, and that's kind of a weird conclusion to come to.

If I had to come to a position on gay rights, I'd probably consider myself largely neutral -- I recognize that homosexuality is something that one is born with, not a choice, but I also recognize the issues that the church has with that lifestyle. Colbe, these are people who, like you or me, are human beings and are loved by God. It seems unjust to tell them that they cannot ever have the kind of love that you have with your spouse, or I had with my wife.

So I have sympathy with them. I grieve when I hear of a gay person who lost their home because they couldn't inherit it from their partner, or when I learn of someone who is turned away from the deathbed of their loved one because "only family is allowed." I can't begin to believe that Jesus would support such injustices.

I defend marriage because I think that the approach of the gay community, at least as it was in Minnesota, is wrong and intentionally divisive, but you will never find me on the side of bigotry and the intentional disregard of someone's rights, simply because they are genetically inclined to love someone that I would not.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

No, and that's kind of a weird conclusion to come to.

If I had to come to a position on gay rights, I'd probably consider myself largely neutral -- I recognize that homosexuality is something that one is born with, not a choice, but I also recognize the issues that the church has with that lifestyle. Colbe, these are people who, like you or me, are human beings and are loved by God. It seems unjust to tell them that they cannot ever have the kind of love that you have with your spouse, or I had with my wife.

So I have sympathy with them. I grieve when I hear of a gay person who lost their home because they couldn't inherit it from their partner, or when I learn of someone who is turned away from the deathbed of their loved one because "only family is allowed." I can't begin to believe that Jesus would support such injustices.

I defend marriage because I think that the approach of the gay community, at least as it was in Minnesota, is wrong and intentionally divisive, but you will never find me on the side of bigotry and the intentional disregard of someone's rights, simply because they are genetically inclined to love someone that I would not.

Hi adjensen, thank you for your help on posting and replying even though we differ,

I don't wish to discuss man's law, the "act" is against God's law. Breaking man's law vs breaking God's law, unrepentant grave sin is mortal to the soul, the consequences are much longer.

People commit sins, yes, they are still people who we love and God loves. If you remain quiet about the sin of sodomy, this is a sin of omission. The world shouts do not judge, it is not judging but stating the Truth, God's Truth.

No one is genetically disposed to being homosexual. It is a disorder. God makes NO one homosexual. I am sympathetic, I have dear friends that were homosexual. "Courage" is one program, a help for those who think they are homosexual.

Marriage is for a man and a woman, it is not for two men and two women. The children they somehow bring to these so called marriages have terrible problems. There is no "right" for two men to unite with each other and the same for women. Sodomites need our prayers. One of the just judgments coming to our nation say the messages is for our nation's approval of sodomy. History is repeating itself.

Did you watch some of the Gay Cardinal? Scotland is awful and our country, it is bad too. I don't think every country in the world is hit as hard as some with the priest homosexual scandal. Satan strikes our means to God's grace, he has enjoyed these last fifty years.

Why we must pray for hearts to change, God is merciful. Homosexuals, confess the "act" with true contrition to God and remain celibate. See two verses in Scripture that show UNREPENTANT sodomites are in Hell.

~ ~ ~

2 Peter 2:4-6
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment: 5 And spared not the original world, but preserved Noe, the eighth person, the preacher of justice, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly. 6 And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly.

2 Peter 2:4-6: Peter also reveals that the Sodomites are suffering in hell for their sins by comparing the Sodomites’ punishment to the eternal punishment of the evil angels. Just as God did not spare the angels when they sinned but cast them into hell, so He did the same with the Sodomites when He “condemned them to extinction and made them an example to those who were to be ungodly.”

Jude 5
I will therefore admonish you, though ye once knew all things, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, did afterwards destroy them that believed not: 6 And the angels who kept not their principality, but forsook their own habitation, he hath reserved under darkness in everlasting chains, unto the judgment of the great day. 7 As Sodom and Gomorrha, and the neighboring cities, in like manner, having given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh, were made an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.

Jude 5-7: Like Peter, Jude confirms that the Sodomites are in hell by saying that they had the same fate as the evil angels. Jude says just as the evil angels were condemned to hell, the Sodomites “likewise” (Greek, hos) acted immorally and are undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. “Undergoing” (Greek, upechousai) is a present participle which means their suffering is ongoing. See also the clear polarity between those who are saved (v.5) and those who are condemned (vv. 6-7,11,13).

www.brutallyhonest.org...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

No one is genetically disposed to being homosexual. It is a disorder. God makes NO one homosexual.

Well, we will likely have to "agree to disagree" on this point. I'm not a geneticist, but I am fairly well read on the subject, and the studies that report that some homosexuals have a genetic disposal to it are more credible than those that say otherwise.

However, I will agree with you that God doesn't make people homosexual, though my basis for that is complicated and not really germane to the discussion.

Marriage is for a man and a woman, it is not for two men and two women.

I agree with you, 100%, but I have nothing against Civil Unions, both for homosexuals and heterosexuals who do not wish to be married, but need to have their legal rights preserved. Whether one supports gay marriage or not, it is inherently unjust to deny someone legal equality (such as inheritance or tax status) on the basis of sexual orientation.

Gay people will have children, whether they are married or not, so fighting gay marriage on the basis of that is a bit pointless.

Did you watch some of the Gay Cardinal?

Nope, never heard of it, sorry.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No one is genetically disposed to being homosexual. It is a disorder. God makes NO one homosexual.

Well, we will likely have to "agree to disagree" on this point. I'm not a geneticist, but I am fairly well read on the subject, and the studies that report that some homosexuals have a genetic disposal to it are more credible than those that say otherwise.

However, I will agree with you that God doesn't make people homosexual, though my basis for that is complicated and not really germane to the discussion.

Marriage is for a man and a woman, it is not for two men and two women.

I agree with you, 100%, but I have nothing against Civil Unions, both for homosexuals and heterosexuals who do not wish to be married, but need to have their legal rights preserved. Whether one supports gay marriage or not, it is inherently unjust to deny someone legal equality (such as inheritance or tax status) on the basis of sexual orientation.

Gay people will have children, whether they are married or not, so fighting gay marriage on the basis of that is a bit pointless.

Did you watch some of the Gay Cardinal?

Nope, never heard of it, sorry.

adjensen,

You are civil and so kind, we remain friends even though we do not agree totally on this subject.

You are being fooled by the con of sodomites right to marry. Marriage is for a man and a woman. I could share a message from Our Lord to help change your mind. How in Heavens are Gay people going to have children? Oh yeah, actually, no, no, the science way is totally against the faith. Man and women unite not by some sinful method in a science lab. Sex is for marriage, a self giving between an man and woman, for procreation. If you can't conceive in this way, pray for children and if it is not God's Will, it is a cross one can offer up to Our Lord. Sodomites go against God again, they are blinded, already in grave sin. Pray for their
conversion.

(May 15) Michael Voris' Gay Cardinal, I posted the Youtube earlier here. It is 9 minutes long, watch the first part, you will get the gist of Michael's commentary. Important, Pope Francis is trying to remedy what has happened in Scotland.

www.youtube.com...

may the Two Hearts keep you safe,

colbe

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You are being fooled by the con of sodomites right to marry. Marriage is for a man and a woman.

I am, as usual, not clearly explaining my position -- I do not believe that homosexuals have a right to marry, and I agree that marriage is for one man and one woman.

I do, however, support civil unions, which are not marriages, to grant the same legal privileges to homosexuals or heterosexuals who cannot or choose not to, participate in the sacrament of marriage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join